BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Muscle Gain to Fat Gain Ratio

Say I want to gain 5 pounds over the next 2 months, how much muscle could be attained and if so how much fat would come along with it

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Depending on diet, genetics and training program, it's possible to gain LBM to fat at a ratio of 2:1 or even 3:1.

That said, the amount of muscle mass that can be developed per month varies. To get a sense of what is a reasonably expectation, please see: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...potential.html

BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10) BulkedRunner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Since I have you talking wonderpug,
    I know you preach eat whatever as long as it fits in your macros...
    I have 1300 calories left for today and I plan on spending them all on dinner with my GF...as well as my money

Im thinking Pad Thai or a burger what do you think is 1300 calorie worthy

waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BulkedRunner View Post
    I have 1300 calories left for today and I plan on spending them all on dinner with my GF...as well as my money

go for it, you got 1300, you maybe go over abit but its orite. 1300 is alot to go with. But if your strict dont go over have a burger and a diet cola. it depends how much calories are in the burger and whats in it tho.
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Rep 500+

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You should select the foods you enjoy, not the foods I enjoy.

Actually, that's not exactly true as there's a slight bit more subtlety to it than that. My recommendation is as follows:

The diets contribution to bodyweight and composition are dependent on caloric balance and micro/macronutrient sufficiency rather than on specific food selections.

Compose a diet that has the right number of calories to meet your goals, with said calories derived from at least a sufficient amount of protein (1.0 to 1.5 grams per pound of lean body mass*) and fat (0.45 to 1.0 grams per pound of bodyweight**). Compose the remainder of your calories from your preferred mix of carbs and additional protein and fat.

Select whole foods as much as possible and use supplements only if your diet is deficient and you can't cure said deficiency by altering your intake of whole foods.

Additionally, meal timing and frequency are largely irrelevant, but daily nutrition is highly relevant.

----------
    * If you're unsure about how much LBM you carry, as long as you're not obese, you can safely set protein intake to 1.0 to 1.25 grams per pound of bodyweight.

** If obese, use LBM to calculate fat intake and, if on a cut, you can lower dietary fat intake to as little as 0.35 grams per pound of bodyweight (or LBM, if obese) in the event you do not have the caloric budget for higher fat intake.