Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Too much lifting a bad thing?

Ive always lifted heavy no matter what bulk or cut im on. Since my last weigh in a month ago ive gained 6 lbs but lost 2% bodyfat. Ill assume this is because im lifting a lot and not doing enough cardio? Not that i have a problem with the muscle gain/fat loss, I just dont need to be getting bigger. Im 6'3, 260 and 21% bf. Im trying to lose fat still, but can i still lift heavy?

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you lost body fat, got bigger, and you complain at all? what you just attained (if there was no exaggeration) is what everyone here wishes they could attain all the time.

Remembering who I am... CorruptSilence's Avatar
    CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Agreed ^^^, and always lift heavy. Lift like a bodybuilder, whether you are cutting or bulking. Heavy weight have a ton of advantages. Even on a cut...
    ^^Former 300+lb crew^^
    ^^Current 100+lb Lost crew^^

Started 320 Lbs.
    Goal 185 Lbs.

Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zacwheeler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im not complaining.. im just saying i dont want to get that much bigger. Muscle gain and fat loss is my goal, but im already 260 so i dont want to add that much more poundage...

Remembering who I am... CorruptSilence's Avatar
    CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't change your lifting habits. Continue to lift heavy and eat at a 500-1,000 calorie deficit. You will maintain your muscle (assuming your macros are on point) stop gaining in size and start to reduce your body fat levels. You're going to win this battle in the kitchen.
    ^^Former 300+lb crew^^
    ^^Current 100+lb Lost crew^^

Started 320 Lbs.
    Goal 185 Lbs.

Originally Posted by CorruptSilence View Post
    Don't change your lifting habits. Continue to lift heavy and eat at a 500-1,000 calorie deficit. You will maintain your muscle (assuming your macros are on point) stop gaining in size and start to reduce your body fat levels. You're going to win this battle in the kitchen.
    Thanks! Ill try cutting back the calories and see if that starts helping. Repped!

drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You aren't going to gain any appreciable mass on a cut.
    04/2010 - 295 Fattest
    11/11/11 - 171.8

moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moneymango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How are you calculating your BF%? My bet is that you gained 6lbs of water
    Last edited by moneymango; 04-29-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Zacwheeler View Post
    Ive always lifted heavy no matter what bulk or cut im on. Since my last weigh in a month ago ive gained 6 lbs but lost 2% bodyfat. Ill assume this is because im lifting a lot and not doing enough cardio? Not that i have a problem with the muscle gain/fat loss, I just dont need to be getting bigger. Im 6'3, 260 and 21% bf. Im trying to lose fat still, but can i still lift heavy?
    My guess is your using a BF scale that uses bio-electrical impedance to measure BF. These are very sensitive to hydration levels. You eat any big salty meals recently? Fast food, Chinese, Easter Ham? You probably have 5-6 lbs of water weight you weren't carrying at your last weigh in.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831