Big_Marcus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question What tricep exercises can I do at home with a barebell

All I have is a barbell with 100lb plates (2 20lbs, 6 10lbs
    ). So what exercises can I do for my triceps. Thanks
    Last edited by Big_Marcus; 04-28-2011 at 07:17 PM.
    "Pain is only weakness leaving the body"

Carlitom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlitom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlitom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlitom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlitom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlitom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlitom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlitom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlitom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlitom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlitom has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Big_Marcus View Post
    All I have is a barbell with 100lb plates. So what exercises can I do for my triceps. Thanks
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...ll-bench-press

I cant do the bench press at home because I don't have a bench. All I have is a barbell with 100lb plates. I have a chair though

__Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do close grip bench press on the floor (aka floor press). Otherwise, skullcrushers.
    How much grass could an ass to grass squater squat if an ass to grass squater could squat grass?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can try overhead extensions as well. It will be incredibly awkward though.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by __Iceman__ View Post
    Do close grip bench press on the floor (aka floor press). Otherwise, skullcrushers.
    ^^ This, you could also throw in some pushups with your hands close together or in the triangle position.
    Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167450201

-I need a new avi

Originally Posted by __Iceman__ View Post
    I'm going to try to do it on the floor like you said and see how that works out. Thanks

Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    You can try overhead extensions as well. It will be incredibly awkward though.
    I agree thats what I've been doing, but it really wasn't working out for me

Originally Posted by shoefanatic23 View Post
    ^^ This, you could also throw in some pushups with your hands close together or in the triangle position.
    I do those after I finish every set. Its just a habit. Back in HS our coach always had us hit those type of push ups after we finish a set of any exercise

TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TigerStealth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    skullcrushers

close grip bench

standing overhead skullcrushers

those would be the main ones; you can superset to keep it interesting

crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crochele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    close grip bench press
    skull crushers
    overhead extensions maybe

throw in some diamond pushups too
    A wise man knows his limits, A great man knows he has none.

tarhiggins has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tarhiggins has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tarhiggins has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tarhiggins has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tarhiggins has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tarhiggins has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tarhiggins has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tarhiggins has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tarhiggins has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tarhiggins has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tarhiggins has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Your biceps and back need work

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    man theres so much you can do with just a barbell. off the top of my head i can think of bench press, skull crushers, bicep curls, shoulder presses, front raises, upright rows, bent over barbell rows, deadlifts, overhead tricep extensions. and i'm sure you can get creative and figure out a few more man. where theres a will theres a way brother, so write down what you're doing for the day and get to work. good luck
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak

Originally Posted by miamibodybuilder View Post
    man theres so much you can do with just a barbell. off the top of my head i can think of bench press, skull crushers, bicep curls, shoulder presses, front raises, upright rows, bent over barbell rows, deadlifts, overhead tricep extensions. and i'm sure you can get creative and figure out a few more man. where theres a will theres a way brother, so write down what you're doing for the day and get to work. good luck
    Thanks

mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Big_Marcus View Post
    All I have is a barbell with 100lb plates (2 20lbs, 6 10lbs
    ). So what exercises can I do for my triceps. Thanks
    Captain ovbious says overhead pressing will help build your triceps. Also...DIPS. just find 2 solid, sturdy structures, chairs, washer/dryer, whatever to do them in between.

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do standing french press with a barbell. Here is an example: