ranger556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Grouping and frequency?

I'm trying to refine my regime to increase my effectiveness. What body groups should be worked on the same day and how many days a week should I work that set of body groups.

Primarily I want to know about chest, biceps, triceps, legs, shoulders, upper and lower back.

Thanks
    Last edited by ranger556; 04-28-2011 at 10:07 AM.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ranger556 View Post
    I'm trying to refine my regime to increase my effectiveness. What body groups should be worked on the same day and how many days a week should I work that set of body groups.

Primarily I want to know about chest, biceps, triceps, legs, shoulders, upper and lower back.

Thanks
    There are too many different variations for a proper answer. You can do anything.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thanks
    Nobody is going to be able to give you a universal answer this one is up to you to find out

bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my sample split

chest/tris
    back/bi's
    rest
    legs
    shoulders/traps
    rest
    rest
    Your life won't change until you change.

noobboon is not very well liked. (-100) noobboon is not very well liked. (-100) noobboon is not very well liked. (-100) noobboon is not very well liked. (-100) noobboon is not very well liked. (-100) noobboon is not very well liked. (-100) noobboon is not very well liked. (-100) noobboon is not very well liked. (-100) noobboon is not very well liked. (-100) noobboon is not very well liked. (-100) noobboon is not very well liked. (-100)
    sdaffdsadf

mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks
    ^Keep it simple, not complicated, something pretty basic, again nothing too complicated, maybe something like this..

Mon - upper chest, calves
    Tues -inner quads, bicep long head
    Wed - lower chest, bicep short head
    Thurs - hamstrings, lower back
    Fri - upper back, abs, outer quads
    Sat - middle back, forearms
    Sun - triceps, obliques

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great question.

If you work Chest and Upper Back on the same day, there are a lot of shoulder muscles that will get cross-worked in the process. It isn't greatly effective at targeting the pecs or lats, but they will get trained none the less.

The lower back is an area that can be trained extensively when combined with lower body and upper back. It gets trained when you do seated able rows, and when you do squats/deadlifts.

Remember though, that the seated cable row gets muscles around the upper back area too, so you have the upper back and lower back in one exercise that can be coordinated with the chest or legs. Lots of people wouldn't recommend doing all three of these areas (back, legs, and chest) on the same day.