Thread: Nutrient Timing

faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100)

Nutrient Timing

I generally get 60% of my calories at dinner and at night. I don't eat much during the day, and wonder if that is inhibiting my fat loss. My workouts are on point, and I'm a clean eater, eating within the range of calories I need. BUT that said, trying to get your protein needs in within a few hours (between dinner- a lean protein, and like 3- 4 scoops of protein after dinner) may just be resulting in fat gain. Thoughts? I always thought it was a calories IN/OUT but there seems to be more to nutrient timing. Any experience or thoughts?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    No. Long term net calorie balance is the only thing the affects weight loss. Intraday, the timing of your meals is not important. Only protein is in any way sensitive to timings. As long as your spread out your total protein to 3-5 feedings widely spread out throughout the day, you are as close to optimal as it's worth trying to get. Bear in mind this is for muscle gain reasons, not for weight loss reasons.

faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100) faganke is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    No. Long term net calorie balance is the only thing the affects weight loss. Intraday, the timing of your meals is not important. Only protein is in any way sensitive to timings. As long as your spread out your total protein to 3-5 feedings widely spread out throughout the day, you are as close to optimal as it's worth trying to get. Bear in mind this is for muscle gain reasons, not for weight loss reasons.
    got it. But going off of that- I am trying to gain muscle (and in effect lose fat in the LR)- So clustering my protein intake at night is likely resulting in negative gains and fat gain? Just trying to understand the science of spacing the protein intake out.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    No, not at all. You probably build more muscle while you are asleep than when you're awake because your body doesn't have conflicting energy requirements.

In fact I would suggest having a protein rich meal just before bed (e.g. some whey mixed into some greek yogurt).

Like I said, fat gain is not influenced by intraday timings, that includes eating before bedtime.

Some further reading:

http://www.nutritiontactics.com/meas...ein-synthesis/

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ***anke View Post
    So clustering my protein intake at night is likely resulting in negative gains and fat gain?
    Just less muscle growth.

If you want to maximize muscle growth spread your protein over the day in at least 3 servings.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/