Thread: My Gym SUCKS!!

nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs down My Gym SUCKS!!

So my gym sucks not because it has bad or lack of equipment, but because it is full of gym rats, stupid kids who think they are strong while they weigh 100 pounds and steroids freaks. The problem is not that they go, it is that they take about 10 minutes in each machine, sometimes they even use a machine just to sit on it, while they talk with their group and sometimes take up an entire area. The free weights are scattered around, because they never put them back.

I am tired of asking them if they are using a machine, so I can use it. I go the gym with a routine in mind, but I can NEVER follow my routine because if I wait for the people to "finish" using the machine or weight that I need, I would cool down and they are always with a group, so they cannot "share" the weight or machine.

What can I do? My membership ends in 3 months...

nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nofear24pr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    any help?

lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lrich1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly, if you can't fix the problem with these people, find another gym.

Your options are:

A: live with it/try to remedy the problem.
    The easiest way to remedy this problem is to go when no one else goes, the harder
    way is talking to management, the nearly impossible way is trying to change the
    annoying people. The jerk way is to spread your stuff over as much of the gym as
    possible or hoard the dumbells, to 'reserve' what you plan using. This is stepping
    down to the same level though, so I wouldn't recommend it.

B: find a new gym
    simple if there are other gyms, hard if you are out in the boondocks.

Personally I would find a new gym if at all reasonable

Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, let management know about these kids and their lack of re-racking the weights. I know that's it had become a big enough problem at my gym that they started pulling people's memberships for it.

wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you tried going at different times? There are certain times of the day that the same stuff occurs where I work out.

wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wuskillz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Eclipsetuner View Post
    Also, let management know about these kids and their lack of re-racking the weights. I know that's it had become a big enough problem at my gym that they started pulling people's memberships for it.
    Props to your gym

Originally Posted by nofear24pr View Post
    So my gym sucks not because it has bad or lack of equipment, but because it is full of gym rats, stupid kids who think they are strong while they weigh 100 pounds and steroids freaks. The problem is not that they go, it is that they take about 10 minutes in each machine, sometimes they even use a machine just to sit on it, while they talk with their group and sometimes take up an entire area. The free weights are scattered around, because they never put them back.

I am tired of asking them if they are using a machine, so I can use it. I go the gym with a routine in mind, but I can NEVER follow my routine because if I wait for the people to "finish" using the machine or weight that I need, I would cool down and they are always with a group, so they cannot "share" the weight or machine.

You forgot the people who sit on equipment to text. That gets on my nerves so bad because they are usually just there with a friend and not even working out.

proparent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wuskillz View Post
    You forgot the people who sit on equipment to text. That gets on my nerves so bad because they are usually just there with a friend and not even working out.
    How about all the moms that go to socialize and catch up on gossip? I'm there to get some work done, so get outta my way!!!

Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eclipsetuner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My biggest pet peeve is the guys who put a metric ****ton of weight onto something, then proceed to do the exercise completely wrong, or only lift it slightly noticeably. After that they proceed to walk around like they're THE FCUKING MAN!!!

I wanna slap these idiots. I know they can't kick my ass cause they don't have the strength if they're not doing the workouts right. And if they DO have muscle it's cause they're pumped up on roids.

BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGSTTNJFF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Find a new gym bro. You do not need that when your focused on training.
    Force Factor Rep!!!

www.forcefactor.com

Questions or comments. Please PM me.

Disclaimer, all post by me do not necessary reflect the opinions of Force Factor or any of it's affiliates.

brb breakin' records STFUandTRAIN's Avatar
    STFUandTRAIN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) STFUandTRAIN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) STFUandTRAIN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) STFUandTRAIN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) STFUandTRAIN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) STFUandTRAIN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) STFUandTRAIN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) STFUandTRAIN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) STFUandTRAIN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) STFUandTRAIN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) STFUandTRAIN has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd say go at a different time, talk to management...all good plans.

Its three months, brah. Tough it up and move on to a more serious atmosphere.
    GOAL: Be better than I am
    "Don't look at yesterday. You can't change it. It happened. Don't look at tomorrow. It hasn't come yet. What you do today can make up for yesterday and completely change tomorrow. Work on today."

On training hard: "I train my hardest because one day, my life or the life of someone else may depend on it. I train like there is no tomorrow because one day, I may be in a situation where if I don't succeed, there will be no tomorrow."

RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000) RTW2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Home Gym FTW
    Need some Motivation?
    https://www.********.com/Motivation.Inspiration

“Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice”

BodyGroups

█▬█ I Bring It █▬█

█▬▬▬▬▬█ Family Strong
    ✞웃웃웃웃웃✞

AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphaRabbiT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My gym is the same! And i have no other gym in my town. Feelsbadman.

Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just shoot them the "1000 yard stare" and ask, "are you about done sitting on that?"

Profit.
    I achieve nutritional fortitude by a method which shall not be named, lest the peasants learn to read.

USNavySEAL94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) USNavySEAL94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) USNavySEAL94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) USNavySEAL94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) USNavySEAL94 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i'd say invest in some gym equipment, if you have the spare cash..or join a new gym :]

Alkene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alkene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alkene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alkene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alkene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alkene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alkene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alkene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alkene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alkene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alkene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that's really annoying i would just change gyms or go at a later time if your schedule allows

cameronsutor is on a distinguished road. (+10) cameronsutor is on a distinguished road. (+10) cameronsutor is on a distinguished road. (+10) cameronsutor is on a distinguished road. (+10) cameronsutor is on a distinguished road. (+10) cameronsutor is on a distinguished road. (+10) cameronsutor is on a distinguished road. (+10) cameronsutor is on a distinguished road. (+10) cameronsutor is on a distinguished road. (+10) cameronsutor is on a distinguished road. (+10) cameronsutor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have that same problem at my gym sometimes...just go ask if they're done, if they say no, ask "well, how many sets you got left?" and then just f*ckin stare at em like somethings wrong with you til they answer (I don't have a problem with that stare, because there really is something wrong with me)...a lot of the time, if they aren't done, they will alternate with me. Look, you obviously chose that gym for a reason, whether it's close to your house, or cheap, or for whatever reason - my point is, don't let anyone run you off.

Ray9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ray9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ray9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ray9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ray9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ray9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ray9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ray9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ray9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ray9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ray9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I thought it was like this at just about every public gym (srs)
    Mind>Everything

ml188 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can try going later at night, I find that around 1-2am there is no one in my gym and it is perfect for my routine and speed. I can take as long as I want or as short as I want and no one will complain.

JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Theres been an Influx of people at my gym and I've started to go again after Physical Therapy... I used to go late at night and now EVERYONE is going...

If i see someone sitting on a machine and not using it I'll ask them to move elsewhere... If they decline, I will just explain to them that they are merely wasting my time and their own. I will tell them i personally don't care that they are paying money to sit on the machines merely to watch the Televsions on the wall. This pretty much works most of the time...

If i see someone on a Machine, Working Hard, But taking more time then someone normally would, I'll let them finish as they are actually trying as opposed to others.

I always rack my weights in weight order and as the person said above, My gym has been pulling memberships from people, for leaving weights on the ground. Someone left a weight and it ended up rolling across the gym and someone stepped on it and broke their ankle.

Also i hate people who expect people to clean the Machines for them. My gym has at least 5 Cleaning Stations with Cleaner and Towels to do a quick wipe down. I constantly pull people over to tell them to clean the machine and it will embarrass them tremendously...

turboxignite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cameronsutor View Post
    I have that same problem at my gym sometimes...just go ask if they're done, if they say no, ask "well, how many sets you got left?" and then just f*ckin stare at em like somethings wrong with you til they answer (I don't have a problem with that stare, because there really is something wrong with me)...a lot of the time, if they aren't done, they will alternate with me. Look, you obviously chose that gym for a reason, whether it's close to your house, or cheap, or for whatever reason - my point is, don't let anyone run you off.
    Hmmm, I don't mind letting someone work in with me, but being approached properly is a must and there's no problem. I usually do 2-3 minute rests in between and make sure I keep a watch on so I don't slip. Some newbies get a little nasty about things I just snear and look away.

turboxignite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Alternate your workout off the machine to do, let's say... something with dumbells or etc. etc., my body does not like the machines tho, so I am partial - i have the same prob at my gym, just try to find a less busy time- right now in Jan. it's hell and all the newbies are there- its a nightmare.

jnwfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Your Gym

You just have to remember that you paid money just as they did to attend the gym. Therefore if they are just taking up equipment, you simply let them know you need it. It's your gym too man. Don't leave on the count of a few jerks. You consistently stand your ground and the problem will go away. Either they'll notice your focus or they'll simply dissappear when they get tired of doing the same exercise. Another option is to revamp your workout so that you use different equipment so that you will not loos your focus.
    Don't let anyone get between you and your gains.

BrahAndrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrahAndrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrahAndrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrahAndrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrahAndrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrahAndrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrahAndrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrahAndrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrahAndrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrahAndrew is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrahAndrew is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just lose the 3 months at your current gym and join a new one

epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) epfuhl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Could be worse, they could be curling directly in front of the db rack.

But really, just tell them to move, if they brush you off and keep taking up machines you want to use (and wasting your time), talk to management / workers and have them do something. Most gyms would rather keep a good member who is going to stay (and keep paying) than people who are going to drive members away.
    Current F5 weights:

Squat 275
    Bench: 160
    RDL 215
    Row: 135 - dropped for form work