Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Post New Meal Plan, Opinions plz :)

Ok, I've taken the time to write out a meal plan seems fairly balanced to me, anything you would like to add, take away would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Meal 1 - Wakeup - 5:30 AM
    ==========================

Upon wakeup, 38g's of why isolate w/ water to insure fast absorption rate, as body has been in a state of deprevation overnight, and needs a fast absorbing protein to kick start metabolism.

140 Cals
    1g Carb
    33g Protein
    0.5g Fat

Meal 2 - Breakfast - 6:30 AM

Taken about an hour after meal 1, to allow enough time for protein to be absorbed into system, whey generally would only take 20-30 min at most anyway.

8 Egg Whites, and 3/4 Cup of Cooked Oatmeal.

242 Cals
    30.7g Protein
    22.5g Carbs
    2.1g Fat

Meal 3 - Mid Morning - 9:30-10AM

250g's Cottage Cheese (lite kind)

214 Cals
    30g Protein
    5.4g Fat
    11.4g Carbs

Meal 4 - Lunch - 12:00 AM

1 235g can of Chunk Tuna w/ Mustard

270 Cals
    62g Protein
    2.4g Fat
    0g Carbs

Meal 5 - Mid Afternoon - 2:30PM

Carrots or some filler with almost NO calories, that will keep the metabolism going.

Before hitting my workout, 5-10g's of Glutamine, should I stack any creatine as well?

Meal 6 - Post-Workout - 5:30-6PM

38g's Whey, 50g's Creatine (Dextrose already combined, roughly 20g's of that would be actual creatine), 5-10g's of Glutamine

Meal 7 - Supper - 7:30-8PM

1 Medium Potatoe, 2 Chicken Breasts, oven cooked, or substitute fish.

Meal 8 - Before Bed

38g's Whey, 1 Cup of Skim-Milk

Sorry for not getting the nutrient count on the potatoe and chicken, it can vary, Any opinions/comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
    Always, under the underneath...
    =======
    Once the power of the mind is harnessed, any goal is reachable.
    =======
    Exercise is 10% Physical, and 90% Mental, the rest is up to you.

Mark Rejhon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi,

Question about creatine: Where did you say that taking 20g at a time was recommended? I just started taking creatine, and I heard the body can only absorb about 5g at a time during the loading phase, and that I need to drink 5g every few hours instead of 20g all at once during the loading phase; I am not familiar with creatine usage, except that I am playing it safe and following general recommendations (20g loading for 5 days, then 5g for my during-workout shake in bike bottle which I drink some at the start, during, and after. Pre/post may be better for others though. But my metabolism literally seems to be demanding an in-workout shake!)

Anyway, that portion is for the supplements forum. I just started rebalancing the protien-carb ratios recently, I am now eating 1-2 slice of whole wheat bread with my tuna since my body seems to function better when I have more carbs. (I'm still experimenting.)

Other pros will be better equipped to answer your question about your meal plan;
    Last edited by Mark Rejhon; 06-08-2003 at 02:16 PM.
    Mark Rejhon
    Beginner at 150lbs. Goal: Bulk up to 175lbs. [Currently: Between 160-161lbs]
    -- "A friend is someone who will be there without asking anything of you. A friend is someone you know that knows you, and accepts you."

rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You need more fat in your diet.

The sentences explaining why you are consuming the foods that accompany meals 1,2, and 5 are full of bullshyt. Read the stickies on the first page of the nutrition forum. You will see there is no elevation of metabolic rate with meal frequency, no need for fast digesting protein in the morning, and certainly no need to have a shake 30-60 minutes prior to your first meal. Not detrimental but also not neccessary at all.
    Richard Anderson, M.D.

I eat and thoroughly enjoy egg whites; for some reason you now think you are smarter than me. This makes me smile.

Pubmed: helpin' the anti-Bros post links to abstracts of studies they never read...anything less is Broscience!

-To the PubMed ninjas; you are what is wrong with the internet.

barashen369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barashen369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barashen369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barashen369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barashen369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barashen369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barashen369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barashen369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barashen369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barashen369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barashen369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rich503 View Post
    You need more fat in your diet.

The sentences explaining why you are consuming the foods that accompany meals 1,2, and 5 are full of bullshyt. Read the stickies on the first page of the nutrition forum. You will see there is no elevation of metabolic rate with meal frequency, no need for fast digesting protein in the morning, and certainly no need to have a shake 30-60 minutes prior to your first meal. Not detrimental but also not neccessary at all.
    This, coupled with the fact that your diet is boring as ****. Change it up man. You don't need to eat bland to eat well.

paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulgnc24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It would be nice if you put macros. Keep yourself away from broscience.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    op is from 2003.

/end thread