Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Fast food! Trans fats! And bulking.

Just found out if u eat foods with trans fats that it stores more fat in ur belly making it harder to have a trimmed stomach.. Trans fats remove fat from other areas of the body and store in along the abdominal wall(belly) even if you consume little calories..

These type of fats are the poubd for pound champion for being bad for u for both health and appearance.

Normally mcdonalds and other fast food establishments are a great easy quick way to reach my macros but i was not aware that. Large fries had 8 grams of trans fats.. Fda says u shouldnt surpass 2g a day if u must.. But to aim for 0.

Few articles on it hope it helps out..
    I am done with fast foods. Cant allow my self to poison my body slowly into a sure death.

http://www.lookcut.com/articles/trans-fats-cause-abdominal-fat-gain-even-at-low-calories.html

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/fast-food-trans-fat.php

gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000)
    wow finally a thread that states that fast food is not good for you lol.

EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    During my bulk I have found my stomach being quite large, i just thought it was because I was eating so much, but maybe my 2-3 fast food meals a week may be causing this?

gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000) gravite is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by EnGbudd View Post
    During my bulk I have found my stomach being quite large, i just thought it was because I was eating so much, but maybe my 2-3 fast food meals a week may be causing this?
    transfat make your stomach bigger? lol

zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zrage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by gravite View Post
    wow finally a thread that states that fast food is not good for you lol.
    I am extremely hurt over this. Im a cop and i work on the road so my macros are met in mcdonalds and other places but my stomach has been out ofcontrol ever since..

Trans fats (hydrogenated) oil is used to fry foods because it lasts longer..

I thought mcchickens where as good as i got for a quick 300cals and15g of protein till i found out it had 1g of trans fat.

I eat like 5 aday. Thats 5g str8 to the heart.

Originally Posted by zrage View Post
    I am extremely hurt over this. Im a cop and i work on the road so my macros are met in mcdonalds and other places but my stomach has been out ofcontrol ever since..

Trans fats (hydrogenated) oil is used to fry foods because it lasts longer..

I thought mcchickens where as good as i got for a quick 300cals and15g of protein till i found out it had 1g of trans fat.

I eat like 5 aday. Thats 5g str8 to the heart.
    yea imagine those oil get stuck in your system forever just cuz it last longer for MCDs to save some money.

Originally Posted by EnGbudd View Post
    Trans fats remove fats from other areas of ur body and store it alongside ur abdnominal wall making ur belly fat and huge.. So yes 3x a week of it will surely do it.. Hell once a week willdo it.

And may i add its the leading cause for heart disease.

EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EnGbudd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Trans fats remove fats from other areas of ur body and store it alongside ur abdnominal wall making ur belly fat and huge.. So yes 3x a week of it will surely do it.. Hell once a week willdo it.

And may i add its the leading cause for heart disease.
    I have cut it down massively! used to eat fast food every day, now its just a treat for cheat days, but may even cut it out completely now

Why are trans fats bad?

If you ask why are trans fats bad, the answer that you get depends on who you ask.
    Some mainstream health authorities, including the Singapore Health Promotion Board, have only a few words to say - that trans fats raise the level of blood cholesterol.

They seem reluctant to list out all the possible reasons as to why are trans fats bad.

If you do some research on the Internet, however, you will uncover a long list of health problems associated with trans fats - heart disease, cancer, obesity, diabetes, infertility, miscarriage, and so on.

And the list of trans fat dangers keep getting longer as more research is conducted.

Previously, scientists did not even know what are trans fats and so they did not study the subject.

Many of the early research on saturated fats, for example, involved people who ate both saturated fats and trans fats. But when these people got sick, saturated fats were blamed.

Why are trans fats bad - cholesterol

To say that trans fats raise blood cholesterol is actually to tell only a small part of the story. In reality, it is much worse. As far as most scientists are concerned, there are two types of cholesterol:
    high density lipoprotein (HDL) or "good" cholesterol
    low density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad" cholesterol.
    Trans fats raise the "bad" cholesterol and, at the same time, lower the "good" cholesterol. So where cholesterol is concerned, there are TWO reasons as to why are trans fats bad. In contrast, saturated fats raise both types of cholesterol - the "bad" as well as the "good".

As discussed the articles about why cholesterol is not harmful and how is cholesterol healthy - high cholesterol in itself may not cause heart disease, although it may indicate the presence of heart disease (because both high cholesterol and heart disease may be caused by other factors.)

However, trans fats can directly cause heart disease in other ways:

Trans fats (as well as polyunsaturated fats that have turned rancid) damage artery walls, causing abnormal plaque build-up that eventually blocks the flow of blood.

Trans fats promote inflammation which, again, can damage artery walls and result in abnormal plaque build up. Inflammation, in turn, can cause artery walls to rupture. This could result in massive blood clots that obstruct the flow of blood, causing either a heart attack or a stroke. It could also result in massive loss of blood through internal bleeding, leading to death.

Trans fats inhibit the body’s use of omega-3 fatty acids and the production of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids – EPA and DHA, the types found to protect against heart disease. Again in contrast, saturated fats help the body to produce and use Omega 3.

Why are trans fats bad - Harvard studies

In an update on Trans Fatty Acids and Coronary Heart Disease, published in the New England Journal of Medicine (April 2006), Harvard researchers Waltre Willet and others wrote: The increase in risk of coronary heart disease caused by trans fat is higher than predicted by effects on blood lipids alone.

Back in 1994, Harvard researcher Walter Willett estimated that trans fats were responsible for at least 30,000 premature deaths from heart disease in the US each year.

In the 2006 update, that estimate has been revised upwards - to between 72,000 and 228,000 deaths that can be prevented by eliminating trans fats.

Why are trans fats bad - obesity

The latest research into why are trans fats bad tells us that not all calories are equal. And not all fats are equal either.
    In May 2006, researchers at Wake Forest University reported that calories from trans fats made laboratory monkeys fatter than calories from other forms of fat. And this was in spite of efforts by the researchers to prevent the monkeys from gaining weight, by placing them on a low calorie diet.

The researchers also found that calories from trans fats made the monkeys much fatter around the tummy. In other words, trans fats re-distributed body fat, moving fat from other parts of the body to the abdomen area, thereby creating the “pear-shape” figure that has been strongly associated with heart disease, diabetes and other illnesses.

Lawrence Rudel, Ph.D., who headed the research, declared that the dangers of trans fats are worse than anticipated.

Other scientists are now saying that we need to re-think the whole idea that weight gain depends on calorie intake – because the latest study shows that even low calorie diets can produce weight gain if those calories come from trans fats.

Why are trans fats bad - Wake Forest University stury

The original aim of this study was to investigate the effects of trans fats on arterosclerosis, not on weight gain. Researchers fed 51 male vervet monkeys a western-style diet, which had 35 percent of their diet coming from fats. Half the monkeys got a lot of trans fat, totaling 8 percent of their total calorie intake. The other monkeys were fed unsaturated fats such as olive oil.

Both types of diets were calorie-controlled, as the researchers did not want the monkeys to put on weight. This was to ensure that whatever dangers of trans fats found during the research were due to trans fat intake, and not due to other factors such as weight gain.

So in theory, the monkeys should not have gained weight. But they did. Over six years -- equivalent to a 20-year span for humans -- the monkeys who ate unsaturated fats increased their body weight only marginally, by 1.8 percent. Monkeys that were given trans fats, however, put on 7.2 percent more weight.

Why are trans fats bad - diabetes

In the study cited above, a 7.2 percent weight gain may not seem much. But it is significant for two reasons:

The monkeys were not supposed to gain any weight in the first place as they were on calorie-restricted diets.

Even a 5 percent weight gain is enough to increase a person's risk of diseases like diabetes.
    Said Dr Kylie Kavanagh, who reported the findings at the annual meeting of the American Diabetes Association in Washington: "In the world of diabetes, everybody knows that just 5 percent weight gain or weight loss makes an enormous difference. This little difference was biologically quite significant."

The monkeys that ate trans fats also had higher blood glucose levels and were more insulin resistant than the rest. In other words, the monkeys were showing early signs of Type II diabetes or adult-onset diabetes.

Why are trans fats bad - beer bellies

More significant than the 7.2 percent weight gain was the fact that the monkeys developed “beer bellies”, putting on much more weight around the tummy. Added Dr Kylie Kavanagh: “The trans-fat eaters also had about 33 percent more flab around their bellies. You can see white gobs of fat in these guys.”
    The research at Wake Forest University School of Medicine on the dangers of trans fats has been named one of the top breakthroughs of 2006. The January 2007 issue of Discover magazine ranked it No. 14 among the most important scientific breakthroughs of the previous year.

Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    are you kidding me...
    God damn, now i can't eat anymore fast food period...

screw fastfoods. Fuking corporate greeds.

Pizzownage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pizzownage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pizzownage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pizzownage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pizzownage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pizzownage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pizzownage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pizzownage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pizzownage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pizzownage will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pizzownage will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow... thats a day ruiner... just had some fast food
    ***Georgia Crew***

GoonSquad

Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Totally confused...Why does your body choose to somehow create fat while in a deficiet and then decides to store it in the abs?

CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Anyone else DESPISE the word "belly?"

$

Curls for teh gurlz. MajorMelon's Avatar
    MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LMAO finally someone has some sense on this board. I never mention it cos i'd probably get negged but OP, thank you for stating this.

Trans fats, HFCS etc etc are bad for you. **** macros, if it means getting them from poisons... But a burger here and there wont hurt
    RIP Az.

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jamie94 View Post
    Totally confused...Why does your body choose to somehow create fat while in a deficiet and then decides to store it in the abs?
    1. It was a woman performing the research.
    2. Women are bad at math.
    3. She failed at calculating the correct caloric expenditure for the monkeys and/or the amount of calories she was feeding them daily.

I'm not doubting that trans-fats could essentially store more fat in the abdomen than other fats, who knows? However, there is no possible way trans-fats can magically ignore the LAW of thermodynamics and cause an increase in bodyfat percentage while in a deficit.

$

Originally Posted by MajorMelon View Post
    LMAO finally someone has some sense on this board. I never mention it cos i'd probably get negged but OP, thank you for stating this.

Trans fats, HFCS etc etc are bad for you. **** macros, if it means getting them from poisons... But a burger here and there wont hurt
    I agree trans fats are dangerous, but why do you say HFCS is bad?

$

Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Woundwort is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This is a day ruiner not going to lie man..
    I am right now eating chick fila :X

and i had some fast food for lunch due to not having enough time this morning to make my own meal...

damnit.

Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jamie94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CajunPballer View Post
    3. She failed at calculated the correct caloric expenditure for the monkeys and/or the amount of calories she was feeding them daily.

I'm not doubting that trans-fats could essentially store more fat in the abdomen than other fats, who knows? However, there is no possible way trans-fats can magically ignore the LAW of thermodynamics and cause an increase in bodyfat percentage while in a deficit.

$
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, It struck me as pretty weird that your body would choose to store fat in a certain area, but creating fat out of nowhere?

MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorMelon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agree trans fats are dangerous, but why do you say HFCS is bad?

$
    HFCS are all converted to fat in your liver. My biology professor told me this when i told him about my diet.

Edit: The fructose in HFCS is all converted to fat. Not the Glucose.
    RIP Az.

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Originally Posted by Jamie94 View Post
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, It struck me as pretty weird that your body would choose to store fat in a certain area, but creating fat out of nowhere?
    Most people genetically store more fat in a particular area and that is the abdomen.

It is safe to assume that as your BF% increases, the percent of fat over your abs will increase at a faster rate. That doesn't mean that the fat MOVED from other locations into that area. That's just nonsense.

For example, say my total BF% is 10% and it increases to 20%, yet a majority of that fat is stored in the one square foot area over my abs. I mean, no **** the percentage of fat in THAT area is going to explode above the 10%, it would easily be a 33% increase like the study mentioned.

This is exactly what I was saying about that Rachael chick in her thread. Don't go getting a PhD and think you know everything. "oh herp derp, I have a doctorate, I'm going to hypothesize that trans-fats cause fat to be stored over your abs more so than other fats, see, I have these random results to prove it."

$

HFCS are all converted to fat in your liver. My biology professor told me this when i told him about my diet.

Edit: The fructose in HFCS is all converted to fat. Not the Glucose.
    I don't care what your professor 'told' you. I want to know WHY/HOW. Why is the fructose converted into fat? And are you suggesting that the fructose is directly converted into fat? That fructose is at no point in its life broken down into glucose molecules?

$

3. She failed at calculating the correct caloric expenditure for the monkeys and/or the amount of calories she was feeding them daily.

$
    Trans fats are not easy to break down.. Even if on a caloric deficit the body will use every other type of fat as energy before it starts tapping into the trans fats.. Thats why unless ur on a real low caloric deficit ur body will maintain them and use other means of energy.

"The problem with trans fatty acids is that your body doesn't know what to do with them," Olshansky said in a press release in 2003 which we carried on this page. "Trans fatty acids may help preserve food so that it tastes good, but your body can't break them down and use them correctly," Olshansky said. &quotNormal fats are very supple and pliable, but the trans fatty acid is a stiff fat that can build up in the body and create havoc."

So i guess go back to things like subway..?

I don't care what your professor 'told' you. I want to know WHY/HOW. Why is the fructose converted into fat? And are you suggesting that the fructose is directly converted into fat? That fructose is at no point in its life broken down into glucose molecules?

$
    Fructose is a monosaccharide dude, so it cant be broken down into glucose by the body.
    RIP Az.

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Trans fats are not easy to break down.. Even if on a caloric deficit the body will use every other type of fat as energy before it starts tapping into the trans fats.. Thats why unless ur on a real low caloric deficit ur body will maintain them and use other means of energy.

"The problem with trans fatty acids is that your body doesn't know what to do with them," Olshansky said in a press release in 2003 which we carried on this page. "Trans fatty acids may help preserve food so that it tastes good, but your body can't break them down and use them correctly," Olshansky said. &quotNormal fats are very supple and pliable, but the trans fatty acid is a stiff fat that can build up in the body and create havoc."
    I'm WELL aware. I could have SWORN I already posted that in this thread. I guess it didn't submit on my phone.. -_-

$

Ever since hydrogenated oils have been invented, heart disease numbers have sky rocketed. And thats a fact.

The body uses the abdomen as one of its main areas to store fats. And when ur putting in synthethic fats in u that the body doesnt really know wtf to do with them then the body willstore it till it absolutly needs it.

guitargoalie is just really nice. (+1000) guitargoalie is just really nice. (+1000) guitargoalie is just really nice. (+1000) guitargoalie is just really nice. (+1000) guitargoalie is just really nice. (+1000) guitargoalie is just really nice. (+1000) guitargoalie is just really nice. (+1000) guitargoalie is just really nice. (+1000) guitargoalie is just really nice. (+1000) guitargoalie is just really nice. (+1000) guitargoalie is just really nice. (+1000)

$
    legitimate reasons

Originally Posted by Woundwort View Post
    So i guess go back to things like subway..?
    Back to taking 30 mins a day to prepare ur chicken/beef/fish with rice for the day.

Peanut butter/almond butter / whole milk and other means to meet caloric macros.

Fructose is a monosaccharide dude, so it cant be broken down into glucose by the body.
    Broken down / converted.. you know what I meant.

$