Akira86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Creatine loading phase for beginner

Hey everybody,

I work out 5 times a week for 30 min max with HIIT (5min warmup - 20min workout - 5min cooldown)

I started to supplement with creatine, multivitamin, essential amino acids and vegan weight gainer for 4 month now. The results I get amazes me, nor I did not start with a loading phase with creatine.

I read in a thread a loading phase is NOT necessary

In another one I read you I can load the creatine storage with an intake of 4x5g a day for 30 days and then maintaining it with 5g year-round.

What is the best for a beginner who had never taken creatine?

Thanks in advance

SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SLynn46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you've already been taking creatine for 4 months, then you're already saturated and there's no point to load now. Just continue to take 3-5g per day.

Loading just helps you reach saturation (the point where you start to see the performance benefits from taking creatine) faster. With loading though, you risk some slight side effects like bloating or GI distress. You still reach saturation without loading, it just takes a couple weeks.

I don't recommend loading, but it's really a personal preference.
    Army Vet (11A)

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree that loading is more cons than pros.

Done both, whatever benefits you get from loading you probably just get from placebo anyway.
    And you skip any potential side effects just taking 3-5g
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    no need to ever load creatine 3-5 g a day
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Thanks for the feedback!
    I was wondering when someone who has never taken creatine will benefit in the loading phase to build faster muscle because of the water storage by using more creatine!

Virus and BS Free Jeff the Repper's Avatar
    Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you have been using creatine for four months, you should already be saturated, loading at this point ( or ever) is really pointless long term. 20-25 grams a week if you are under 200 Lbs. and you are good to go.
    BS and Virus free

Originally Posted by Akira86 View Post

What is the best for a beginner who had never taken creatine?
    Thanks for the feedback!
    I was wondering when someone who has never taken creatine will benefit in the loading phase to build faster muscle because of the water storage by using more creatine!

Thank you for the feedback as well.
    I get that, but...

...My question is for someone who had NEVER taken creatine before.
    Does here bring a loading of 20 - 25g a day better results in gaining muscles then just starting with 3-5g a day?

OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz
    Thank you for the feedback as well.
    I get that, but...

...My question is for someone who had NEVER taken creatine before.
    Does here bring a loading of 20 - 25g a day better results in gaining muscles then just starting with 3-5g a day?
    No. Saturation may occur a little earlier and any benefits in the couple week difference of saturation would be negligible. And not worth the potential bloating, gas, GI issues many people get while loading.
    Your nutrition and workout program determines your success.

FL and NC crew. Lol @ living in PA. Just LOL.

Originally Posted by OT2000 View Post
    No. Saturation may occur a little earlier and any benefits in the couple week difference of saturation would be negligible. And not worth the potential bloating, gas, GI issues many people get while loading.
    Thank You.
    That helps and gives me a better understanding. Thanks to everyone!