Thread: Warming up.

delbridge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Warming up.

Okay guys I'm new here but I need opinions.
    In 5 days I start an 8 week training program at school - worth 10% of my university entrance points.

Our teacher has told us that we can choose whether or not we do a warmup.

I think I will do the warm up and have the following written so far:

.... the vascular shunt mechanism causes all blood vessels to vasoconstrict. However at the working muscles the vasoldilators allow a larger amount of blood to be sent to the fibres where it is most required. In terms of oxyhaemaglobin dissociation, this means that more oxygen can be utilized by the myoglobin and mitochondria and thus I will be able to contract the muscle group that I have warmed up for longer. Due to the fact that more contractions are occurring, a warm up is only going to benefit me when trying to attain maximal strength....

... A warm up also increase cardiac output significantly. This (a) increases the amount of blood being sent to the lungs to reoxygenate and (b) increases the amount of oxygenated blood directed around the body. As the cardiac output increases, more and more oxygenated blood will be sent to the working muscles (chemoreceptors and proprioreceptors send signals to the Medulla Oblongata demanding this).
    This will not only INCREASE the amount of oxygen going in to working muscle fibres, but also INCREASE the amount of carbon dioxide being carried AWAY from them as carbaminohaemaglobin...

This is part of what I have got and I would appreciate suggestions/advice on whether or not warm ups are worth it.

ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't think you have to understand the physiology of the human body to understand that Warm-up = Good

delbridge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ChrisG12 View Post
    I don't think you have to understand the physiology of the human body to understand that Warm-up = Good
    Seems ridiculous, I know. Unfortunately physiology has to be applied -.-
    Any ideas to make it sound better?