Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question First attempt at bulking, any tips?

So this is my first time bulking. The past few years I was always eating at a deficit. I recently had my third baby 2 months ago and I stay pretty lean, but lost a good amount of muscle, so i thought I'd giving bulking a try.build a decent amount of muscle then cut and lose the rest of the baby weight/fat. Any tips on not gaining more fat and what helps with bloating of so much food? Its becoming discouraging.

PeachCreme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeachCreme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeachCreme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeachCreme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeachCreme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeachCreme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeachCreme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeachCreme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeachCreme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeachCreme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PeachCreme is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Biggest piece of advice would be take your time. Up your calories slowly and if you feel like the weight is piling on then cut back a little. Especially because you have been a deficit for so long, it will take your body a while to adjust to higher calories. It takes ages to grow some decent muscle, like I bulked for 9 or 10 months there and I'm glad I really waited it out because the results are worth it.

Also don't freak out when your clothes start to feel a bit tight, it does kinda suck a little and there will be days when you feel "fat" but just remember it's all part of the process and there'll be plenty of time later to lean out again!

Use the extra calories towards working really hard in the gym, enjoy the strength gains and good luck!
    My instagram: creme_in_your_coffee

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    To give specific advice, it would help to know a bit more about you, like how tall you are, what your routine looks like, what your diet looks like e.g. your macros.

For now, I can link some guides I have written that may be helpful. I would start with nutrition and training and put off possible supplementation until you are consistent with both (except for health supplements. They can be beneficial whether or not you're training).

Nutrition Guide

Nutrition Timing Guide

Supplement Guide
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

AshbyCeleste is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshbyCeleste is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshbyCeleste is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshbyCeleste is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshbyCeleste is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshbyCeleste is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshbyCeleste is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshbyCeleste is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshbyCeleste is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshbyCeleste is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshbyCeleste is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm on my first bulk right now, and I strongly recommend embracing how freeing this is. Embrace all the positive aspects. It's AWESOME making PR's frequently. And frankly I feel awesome, not tired and hungry all the time. Another major perk for us moms--I have so much more energy to play with my kid now!

I told myself--I can spin my wheels for years not making gains in the weight room, OR I can spend a year of my life embracing a little extra fat and maximizing my gains. When I think about that it seems worth it. It's just a year or so, and I know I can lose any extra fat. Weight loss is not magic, we can always lose the weight. We can also stop anytime if we want to.

Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ambarlyg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm 5'6. Eating 2050 calories . dairy free, gluten free diet. Mostly fruit , sweet potatoe ,oatmeal and brown rice for carbs and loads of veggies, lean protein like chicken turkey and fish, and avocado, hemp and coconut oil for fats. And I fast every night for 14 hours, breakfast after working out.
    My macros are 128p 57f 250c
    Routine-
    Mon-chest, shoulders, triceps
    Tuesday-back,biceps,abs
    Wed- lower body
    Thursday-cardio
    Friday-back,biceps, abs
    Sat-lower body
    Sun-rest day

Originally Posted by AshbyCeleste View Post
    I'm on my first bulk right now, and I strongly recommend embracing how freeing this is. Embrace all the positive aspects. It's AWESOME making PR's frequently. And frankly I feel awesome, not tired and hungry all the time. Another major perk for us moms--I have so much more energy to play with my kid now!

I told myself--I can spin my wheels for years not making gains in the weight room, OR I can spend a year of my life embracing a little extra fat and maximizing my gains. When I think about that it seems worth it. It's just a year or so, and I know I can lose any extra fat. Weight loss is not magic, we can always lose the weight. We can also stop anytime if we want to.
    I agree on having more energy, that's definitely a plus, but I'm always full and feel so sloppy and bloated.

Originally Posted by Ambarlyg View Post
    I'm 5'6. Eating 2050 calories . dairy free, gluten free diet. Mostly fruit , sweet potatoe ,oatmeal and brown rice for carbs and loads of veggies, lean protein like chicken turkey and fish, and avocado, hemp and coconut oil for fats. And I fast every night for 14 hours, breakfast after working out.
    Routine-
    Tuesday-back,biceps,abs
    Wed- lower body
    Thursday-cardio
    Friday-back,biceps, abs
    Sat-lower body
    Sun-rest day
    Correction 230 carbs

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Routine-
    Tuesday-back,biceps,abs
    Wed- lower body
    Thursday-cardio
    Friday-back,biceps, abs
    Sat-lower body
    Sun-rest day
    That's more of a split than you need unless you already have a good muscle base/been lifting for a few years. You'd probably benefit more with one of the recommended programs in the starter thread that have you working your full body 3x a week. All Pro's, Feirce Five, Strong Curves (if you want a more glute-focused program), etc.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    That's more of a split than you need unless you already have a good muscle base/been lifting for a few years. You'd probably benefit more with one of the recommended programs in the starter thread that have you working your full body 3x a week. All Pro's, Feirce Five, Strong Curves (if you want a more glute-focused program), etc.
    I have been lifting for 3 1/2 yrs , gained some muscle but I'm looking to gain more now that Im getting back into it

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I agree on having more energy, that's definitely a plus, but I'm always full and feel so sloppy and bloated.
    The feeling of being full and the bloating normally passes once the body adjusts to the new intake. If anything you might find yourself getting more hungry. No foods need to be off limits so use a wide variety of foods you enjoy. Aim for a gain of around 1 lb a month and I think you'll be comfortable with that.

I finished up a year bulk this past Jan and everything went fine. I had stronger workouts, better recovery, better rest, etc...It felt really good to get in some extra calories for a change.

Trust the process and you'll do fine.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)