MMAPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My girlfriend, genetics, and mass

Hello ladies,
    I has a question and none of the many textbooks, articles and other references I have seem to be able to answer. Maybe you can help as this is a problem I've never seen before.
    My GF has awesome genetics. Polish and total mesomorph, she practically just looks at weights and adds mass. She could be a great body builder if she really wanted. I wish I had this problem.
    The bad part is that she has really come to enjoy strength training but due to the truly amazing rate she bulks up she can't do it very often or else she will be too big for her own goals.
    I have asked her about her health and she assures me that all her tests in past showed no abnormal hormone levels (she is maniacal about stuff like that) and she eats very healthily (almost vego and mostly organic food) and she doesn't eat all that much anyway.
    She has been a competative runner (mid distance) and still runs for enjoyment but I would love to have her back on the pull up bar with me.
    Any advice to help keep her strength up and her mass down?
    Thanks.

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Were the textbooks you were apparently reading even slightly relevant to the topic at hand?

Weight gain is a product of caloric surplus.

If she wishes to restrict weight gain, restric caloric intake accordingly.

Originally Posted by MrB1g View Post
    Were the textbooks you were apparently reading even slightly relevant to the topic at hand?

It's very hard to find literature that deals with this issue so I went back to all my PT course materials and the dozen or so books on strength training, plus started to digg around the interwebz for info. Not much gets written about female BB.
    It's not weight gain, per se, it's bad sculpting. Her arms and shoulders have truly bulked and she has a great v-taper. Her diet has changed naught and as said she keeps on a runnin'.
    I have her staying really low rep (3) but she just bulks rapidly.
    Like I said she enjoys strength training and I love having her around so I'm wondering if I may have to change her rep scheme for a while or maybe get her on it like once a fortnight.

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MMAPT View Post
    It's very hard to find literature that deals with this issue so I went back to all my PT course materials and the dozen or so books on strength training, plus started to digg around the interwebz for info. Not much gets written about female BB.
    It's not weight gain, per se, it's bad sculpting. Her arms and shoulders have truly bulked and she has a great v-taper. Her diet has changed naught and as said she keeps on a runnin'.
    I have her staying really low rep (3) but she just bulks rapidly.
    Like I said she enjoys strength training and I love having her around so I'm wondering if I may have to change her rep scheme for a while or maybe get her on it like once a fortnight.
    Impressive planche, had a quick look at your website.

Well weight gain is purely about caloric intake and there's nothing she can do about her genetic structure, if she's genetically predispositioned to have developed arms, she will have developed arms.

All you can do is keep her at around caloric maintenance and cut out any unnecessary accessory movements.

If her goal is primarily strength, I'm assuming you have her doing a program like Advanced 5x5 (depending on her level)?

Impressive planche, had a quick look at your website.

Well weight gain is purely about caloric intake and there's nothing she can do about her genetic structure, if she's genetically predispositioned to have developed arms, she will have developed arms.

All you can do is keep her at around caloric maintenance and cut out any unnecessary accessory movements.

If her goal is primarily strength, I'm assuming you have her doing a program like Advanced 5x5 (depending on her level)?
    It's more basics. Deads, squats, pull-ups. All reps are below 5, usually it's a circuit involving a few movements. arounds 3 sets. We never do a real structured program, it's more just a bit of fun for us both at the gym.
    I'll get on the calorie counter with her and I'll cut down the frequency. She wants to do city to surf soon so we'll be doing some running focused stuff anyways.
    Thanks for the compliment on my planche.
    Reps.

Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have never met a woman with this problem.

I've met lots who think they're gaining too much muscle but it's mostly to do with fat over the muscle. If you're saying that's not what this is then I'd be keen to see some pics!!! Especially if you guys aren't doing anything structured and just for fun! Lucky girl really!

Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would be interested in what her actual height/weight ratio is and bodyfat percentage. For someone who is a runner and is almost veg. that eats very little, it is hard to put on muscle mass (i know this from experience). I am wondering if she may be loosing body fat which is resulting in a more muscular look.

To determine if she is really putting on more mass or is just appearing more muscular I would take measurements.

bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Pictures and stats of said girlfriend. My hunch is that your idea of her ability to bulk is overplayed.

mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MMAPT View Post
    Hello ladies,
    I has a question and none of the many textbooks, articles and other references I have seem to be able to answer. Maybe you can help as this is a problem I've never seen before.
    My GF has awesome genetics. Polish and total mesomorph, she practically just looks at weights and adds mass. She could be a great body builder if she really wanted. I wish I had this problem.
    The bad part is that she has really come to enjoy strength training but due to the truly amazing rate she bulks up she can't do it very often or else she will be too big for her own goals.
    I have asked her about her health and she assures me that all her tests in past showed no abnormal hormone levels (she is maniacal about stuff like that) and she eats very healthily (almost vego and mostly organic food) and she doesn't eat all that much anyway.
    She has been a competative runner (mid distance) and still runs for enjoyment but I would love to have her back on the pull up bar with me.
    Any advice to help keep her strength up and her mass down?
    Thanks.
    is this MASS, lean mass? does she have a six pack? does she have veiny arms? striated pecs?

Many (NOT ALL), women confuse fat with muscle mass.
    I do not sugar coat things, but you got in the condition you're in by "sugar coating."

tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mavrick77 View Post
    is this MASS, lean mass? does she have a six pack? does she have veiny arms? striated pecs?

Many (NOT ALL), women confuse fat with muscle mass.
    ^I second this response. I mean...really?! too bulky?

Not denying your post, but mentioning that she barely eats AND she's a vegetarian makes it hard to believe she's "bulky".

Pictures por favor.

magicdustinc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pictures would do us all a great deal better.

AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000) AJPa is just really nice. (+1000)

noob gains can be done an caloric deficit, if i can find the source ill post but its basically conversion between two types of fast twitch muscles( one which is larger), not just improvement on current fibers.

mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AJPa View Post
    noob gains can be done an caloric deficit, if i can find the source ill post but its basically conversion between two types of fast twitch muscles( one which is larger), not just improvement on current fibers.
    you cant convert white twitch muscle fibers to red twitch, if thats what your refering to. This is simple genetics.. this is why many untrained african americans are more bulky and also sprinters (red twitch-fast twitch).....and why many caucasion males have less mass naturally, but are more predominate in marathon events (white twitch-slow)... now the ethiopians and that area of the world are known for being the oposite and predominatly have more white twitch.

in short, can't fight genetics
    I do not sugar coat things, but you got in the condition you're in by "sugar coating."

parsnip1964 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) parsnip1964 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) parsnip1964 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) parsnip1964 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) parsnip1964 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) parsnip1964 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) parsnip1964 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) parsnip1964 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) parsnip1964 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) parsnip1964 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) parsnip1964 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yep, gotta have the pics :-)

If she really has a problem with gaining too much muscle, then she shouldn't lift heavy. If she wants to be strong, she should focus on own-bodyweight exercises, martial arts (you would know about that), and gymnastics/calisthenics.

nickys has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nickys has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Not too suggest you're fibbing (like everyone else has ) but if this is true ... I hate the bitch.

Danni89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danni89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danni89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danni89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danni89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danni89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danni89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danni89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danni89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danni89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danni89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I dont really have much to add but website looks awesome.
    Danni xx

Follow me and my preparation for my first bikini competition - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130934703

AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AUTiger13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nickys View Post
    Not too suggest you're fibbing (like everyone else has ) but if this is true ... I hate the bitch.

This cracked me up!
    http://maximumfitnessconsulting.com
    https://www.instagram.com/noelmaxfit/
    http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=1298381725#!/MaximumFitnessConsulting