billy111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can anybody critique this nutritional diet?

Just started going to the gym on a new weights program (3 day workout program by this website)..

This is my nutritional plan:

(08:00 AM) Breakfast - 4/5 egg Omelette, Oatibix flakes, Cup of Green Tea.
    (10:30 AM) Mid Morning Snack - Protein Shake, Banana.
    (13:00 PM) Lunch - Chicken Rice, Mixed Fruit.
    (15:30 PM) Mid Afternoon Snack - Protein Shake, Cashew nuts.
    (17:30 PM) GYM WORKOUT (Protein Shake straight after workout)
    (20:00 PM) Tea - Haddock Fillet with Salad.
    (22:00 PM) Late Night Snack - Spoon full of peanut butter, cottage cheese with creak crackers.

So first question is, do i need to protein shakes on days i am not going gym? Secondly, what do you think of the nutritional plan, i don't want to put on any fat just want to tone up thats all and give my body the food that it needs..

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Please read: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129523333 and then fix your post.

That said, you don't need protein shakes. Period.

And why are you eating 7 times per day?

Sorry i didn't know that posting my nutritional plan would be an issue

Anyway, i was thinking the same as yourself. Why do i need a protein shake when i can get it from my own food.

Also, if i get rid of the mid afternoon and late night snacks and protein shake with gym workout, would that be better? I have read a number of posts mentioning i need to eat 5-7 small meals so just not entirely sure what to eat and when to eat it

Also,

Would you suggest buying a scale to measure how much i'm eating, or is that being totally obsessed

Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by billy111 View Post
    Also,

Would you suggest buying a scale to measure how much i'm eating, or is that being totally obsessed
    Not obsessive, lots of people weigh out their stuff. That being said, I feel like you want to learn... I would go here and read it a few times. Get a really good handle on the points outlined. It will change your game significantly.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    I achieve nutritional fortitude by a method which shall not be named, lest the peasants learn to read.

rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Please read: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129523333 and then fix your post.

That said, you don't need protein shakes. Period.

And why are you eating 7 times per day?
    I often wonder if you only come on here to make the above post lol. In fact i read the title, and knew id see you as first post rofl
    Make it a great day!

Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rsarno View Post
    I often wonder if you only come on here to make the above post lol. In fact i read the title, and knew id see you as first post rofl
    Starting to think WonderPug is the CEO of Awared Nutrition.
    I achieve nutritional fortitude by a method which shall not be named, lest the peasants learn to read.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rsarno View Post
    What I don't understand is why at least 80% of the "rate my diet" threads start without the requisite information.

If those posters would just read a couple of threads before posting or at least look at the stickies, this waste of time could be avoided.

rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000) rsarno is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just started going to the gym on a new weights program (3 day workout program by this website)..

This is my nutritional plan:

(08:00 AM) Breakfast - 4/5 egg Omelette, Oatibix flakes, Cup of Green Tea.
    (10:30 AM) Mid Morning Snack - Protein Shake, Banana.
    (13:00 PM) Lunch - Chicken Rice, Mixed Fruit.
    (15:30 PM) Mid Afternoon Snack - Protein Shake, Cashew nuts.
    (17:30 PM) GYM WORKOUT (Protein Shake straight after workout)
    (20:00 PM) Tea - Haddock Fillet with Salad.
    (22:00 PM) Late Night Snack - Spoon full of peanut butter, cottage cheese with creak crackers.
    Firstly, i know exactly why you posted the above, and if you are comfortable with it then continue this routine. BUT just know that it is not needed anymore. I am of the same exact mentality as you, and i am also still dealing with the "change" in science.

Read the stickies in this forum, id suggest not posting anymore until you do (honestly)

So first question is, do i need to protein shakes on days i am not going gym?
    I have 2 shakes typically, not for any particular reason other than to meet my macros and i just dont want to eat another 500 cals of food lol. So do you NEED 2 shakes? no. But if you need to take in more protein for a certain day, regardless if its a gym day, then id suggest it.

Secondly, what do you think of the nutritional plan, i don't want to put on any fat just want to tone up thats all and give my body the food that it needs..
    Id be ripped apart on here if i even pretended to know what im talking about, i really dont. But my suggestion is to make sure you have enough protein in your daily diet (1 - 1.5 per pound) and fill the rest of the calories with good carbs and fats.

The trick to your goal will be to find out your Maintenance, and base your entire diet around that. If you want to "cut" then go a little lower than maint. If you want to bulk up some, then increase the calories. If you just want to "tone" then id suggest eating as close to maint as possible and just do a high-rep, cardio routine daily.

Again im not a pro, just offering my advice

PS, an important lesson for you will be that you dont NEED that many meals. The benefit of meal frequency and timing, was all artificial and disproven.

Find out what calories you need, and split it into 3 meals. Add a shake if needed, and your done. Simple.
    Make it a great day!

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    If those posters would just read a couple of threads before posting or at least look at the stickies, this waste of time could be avoided.
    You will call me an a**hole but ill give you my honest answer lol.

I made the exact same post as this OP, when i was first looking to get back into it so i can answer this haha. I better at least get reps for the honesty damnit! lol j/k

I came on here thinking i knew it all. I spent a year studying, learning, absorbing all i could, trying, failing, and eventually succeeding. I was above reading stickies! I thought it knew it all! Why bother reading a sticky? To learn how many calories in a gram of fat? pfft screw stickies i know what im doing ... as a matter of fact, im going to put blinders on and ignore that entire block of text, and just go right to the "Make new thread" button!

I will break down my meals by time, give a few bolded sections to say WHY im doing something ... which will explain to you all that im a pro and know wtf im doing.

I will then come back in a day and find 20 posts saying "bro your diet is on point, you really know your sh*t!"

Before i read the stickies, talked to people, argued with people (you probably haha), and researched it myself ... if you tried selling me that IIFYM nonsense id have spit protein shake all over my keyboard lol.

So there it is, thats what went through the mind of a "please critique my diet" offender.

Thankfully, i am a changed man. I honestly still eat 4-5 meals daily but only because i enjoy eating smaller portions. I definitely agree my old 7 meal plan was a bit extreme and probably caused me to burn out and give up on the entire thing.
    Make it a great day!