GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Newbie- inspiration for women under 5'4, small build?

Hi everyone! New to bodybuilding.com, hoping some of you can suggest some new inspiration/role models for me. So far my "inspiration wall" has helped keep me in the gym and working hard. Now that I’m nearing my goals (weight, size) I'd like to work on "fine-tuning", really shaping my body the way I would like it.
    Can anyone suggest some good role models, ones that are similar height/body type to mine so I can be realistic about what I'm working towards? I’m 5’3, 119lb, and would say that I have a small frame (I’ve read that this can be estimated by wrapping your thumb and middle finger around your opposite wrist? Mine overlap…). I tried out a body-fat measurement gizmo in the gym the other day and it read me at 20.5%, but I don’t know how accurate that is. The last time I was measured (a couple of months and a few lbs ago) I was 36-30-39, I guess that reads like a pear shape but my shoulders/hips are about equal width so overall I think (hope?) I look more like an hourglass. I would LOVE to have a body like Jamie Eason, but from I’ve seen/read I don’t think that’s realistic for me- I don’t think I’ll ever be that narrow-hipped! At least that gives you an idea of the look that appeals to me. Aside from that, what else can I tell you about myself? I guess I would say I’m a hard-gainer, I don’t make gains in strength or muscle size easily.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated, I’m very motivated by pics and articles on fit women so if there are any in particular I should be looking at that would be a great help. Thanks in advance!

PS I do have a narrow rib cage/back, so if there's anyone else with that same issue I'd love to hear how deal with that
    Last edited by GuysNS; 04-25-2011 at 06:19 AM. Reason: addtn info

darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Another petite, ectomorph (hardgainer) here. Welcome to the forum.

I've also looked for female ecto role models for inspiration and, frankly, haven't found that many. Cathe Freidrich - a fitness icon - is petite and appears to be small-boned and is in great shape, IMHO. She's probably more of a meso than an ecto, though.
    http://cathe.com/about/about-cathe

Here's a link to an old thread where I was asking about female ectos:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=350987

GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuysNS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Thanks for the reply Darkangel :)

Cathe looks amazing, and your thread was really interesting. I re-read the definitions of ecto/meso/endo and I'm not really sure where I fit... I do have a small frame, and trouble gaining strength, but I don't have the typical long, lean muscles of an endo or the fast metabolism (I was 50lbs heavier three years ago, lost steadily through diet changes, strength training and cardio). Now that I'm close to my goal weight I do seem to be able to gain and shed a few lbs fairly easily, guess that sounds like a meso? As for shape/size, I have short arms & legs and a long torso, small boned but not thin- hubby just complimented me on my "fairly big arms for a little girl" the other day but even though I've gained definition I've made very minimal gains in strength (i.e. started curling with 10lbs three years ago, still only curling with 12/15lbs today). Wish I knew where I fit, it would make it easier to look up specific tips for sure.