Thread: liquid diet???

Registered User FreeRunner4life's Avatar
    FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100)

liquid diet???

is that an good idea if, you want to shed some pounds. im 5'10 and 176-80 pounds, im looking to really lower my body fat % about <15-20. would this help. cause for my sport free running i need to get lighter or stronger in order to do certain moves withpout putting to much strain on my body. so i would pick get lighter since my body fat will go done and increase my athletic ability. and for my diet i will about 4 milkshakes a day. i will use fruits like banana with little milk and ice cubes and mix it and make my milkshake.

so please leave an response thank you.
    Last edited by FreeRunner4life; 04-25-2011 at 05:08 AM.

Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    how fast do you wanna lose weight?

FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100) FreeRunner4life is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Gift3d View Post
    how fast do you wanna lose weight?
    i would say i want to see results within a few months..

Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gift3d is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by FreeRunner4life View Post
    i would say i want to see results within a few months..
    I was just curious, honestly i know nothing about liquid diets.
    Just the name doesnt sound like it would be too healthy. Maybe you should just look through the sections for a normal caloric defict diet?

dbonas84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbonas84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbonas84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbonas84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbonas84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbonas84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbonas84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbonas84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbonas84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbonas84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbonas84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Would it work? If you were able to stick to it long enough before your body screams "holey shizz! He's trying to KILL me! Must...force...self...to binge!"

Even if you could keep it up long enough to get to where you think you want to be, then what? Are you going to keep that up forever? Cause eventually you'll go back to eating 'normally' and probably gain quite a bit back...

Hey, here is an idea...it would work even faster...you could cut one of your arms or legs off...wait...maybe not your legs...cause you need that for running...okay...just the arms then...you'll lose some punds fast that way.

Seriously dude, there are lots of safer/better/healthier ways to go about it. Eat below your maintenance for cals each day and/or cardio+weights.
    Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Till your good be better. And your better best.

HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    is that an good idea if, you want to shed some pounds. im 5'10 and 176-80 pounds, im looking to really lower my body fat % about <15-20. would this help. cause for my sport free running i need to get lighter or stronger in order to do certain moves withpout putting to much strain on my body. so i would pick get lighter since my body fat will go done and increase my athletic ability.

so please leave an repsonse thank you.
    what?.. no.

You're 16 man. Liquid diets/crash diets are ignorant at any point of your life, especially when you're this young and still growing. It's unhealthy.

Go to read the nutrition section and read the stickies. Learn to diet properly. Learning proper nutrition now will benefit you in the future.

Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brightside80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tried it last year before I found this site and became more edumacated.

I lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks but it felt very bad for my internals, and I'm sure that weight wasn't only fat.

I also had very moody episodes, ultra low energy too. Almost couldn't function.

Look into intermittent fasting. I'm loving it.

I was just curious, honestly i know nothing about liquid diets.
    Just the name doesnt sound like it would be too healthy. Maybe you should just look through the sections for a normal caloric defict diet?
    yhh i think that would be an better idea since i thought about it. i think i should just stick to an calorie deficit diet. thanks

Originally Posted by SOJA View Post
    A few months? You'll see results with a daily 500 kcal deficit. Eat real, whole, good food and exercise and lift.

Here's the best advice anyone can give you: Stop reading blogs and sites filled with articles like "Top 10 fat-burning foods" or other crap like that, it's all bs. Do read up on the stickies and read and ask if you don't understand something. This website is invaluable when it comes to your health.
    i will do that mate. cheers

TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheMindMadness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi

Any reason you are considering a liquid diet over a whole food diet? Just because you might be on say a 2000 cal liquid diet doesn't mean your going to loose more weight than you would on a 2000 calorie whole food diet its a common misconception to a lot of people who want to drop weight quick you can achieve the same results eating whole food.

There is no fast way to loose fat. crash diets may drop your weight faster BUT just because you may loose 4 pounds per week does not mean your loosing 4 pounds of fat, crash diets will make you loose lean muscle your heart is a muscle and certainly something that is not going to benefit from crash diets.

Honestly your best option is a 500 calorie deficit whole food diet, this is optimum for burning fat and retaining muscle.

yhh i think that would be an better idea since i thought about it. i think i should just stick to an calorie deficit diet. thanks
    Alright, its most likley alot healthier to so good luck on ur goal, keep us posted.

Talking

Originally Posted by TheMindMadness View Post
    Hi

Any reason you are considering a liquid diet over a whole food diet? Just because you might be on say a 2000 cal liquid diet doesn't mean your going to loose more weight than you would on a 2000 calorie whole food diet its a common misconception to a lot of people who want to drop weight quick you can achieve the same results eating whole food.

There is no fast way to loose fat. crash diets may drop your weight faster BUT just because you may loose 4 pounds per week does not mean your loosing 4 pounds of fat, crash diets will make you loose lean muscle your heart is a muscle and certainly something that is not going to benefit from crash diets.

Honestly your best option is a 500 calorie deficit whole food diet, this is optimum for burning fat and retaining muscle.
    that is great information my friend, thanks for that.. i will apply to my diet.

canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    liquid diet + exercise = injury

As these guys have said....eat under maintenance, do your exercise and take a multi. I would lift weights and keep protein high - you prob wont build muscle on a deficit but you should lose fat and retain as much muscle as you do have and be a stronger athlete all round this way
    The body doesn't struggle to lose weight...the mind does - keep measurements, keep your sanity.

I'm an Englishman living in Canada...oh how I miss a decent curry!

Former skinny fat member @ 158lbs - now 205lbs and 15%. It's been a long journey but a rewarding one.

Alright, its most likley alot healthier to so good luck on ur goal, keep us posted.
    yh i defiantly will, hopefully within a few months i can post pics of before and after if there is any significant changes.

Originally Posted by canadiancoops View Post
    liquid diet + exercise = injury

As these guys have said....eat under maintenance, do your exercise and take a multi. I would lift weights and keep protein high - you prob wont build muscle on a deficit but you should lose fat and retain as much muscle as you do have and be a stronger athlete all round this way
    yups im willing to sacrifice some muscle loss for fat loss. and after i have achieved my target body fat %, i can look into more strength and power training to maximize my athletic ability.

Remembering who I am... CorruptSilence's Avatar
    CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Scratch this post... You're 16, a velocity diet or any other liquid diet is a bad idea. I agree with them ^^^.
    Last edited by CorruptSilence; 04-25-2011 at 08:19 AM.
    ^^Former 300+lb crew^^
    ^^Current 100+lb Lost crew^^

Started 320 Lbs.
    Goal 185 Lbs.

char33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) char33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) char33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) char33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) char33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) char33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) char33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) char33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) char33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) char33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) char33 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Personally I would substitute one meal with a "liquid meal", I usually do this for lunch. Then my breakfasts and dinners are whole food meals.

Perotti28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Perotti28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Perotti28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Perotti28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Perotti28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Perotti28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Perotti28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Perotti28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Perotti28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Perotti28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Perotti28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know I'm upping a week old thread, and for that I'm sorry, but nobody linked you to a very knowledgeable post

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

makes it a lot easier than over thinking everything