Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'0", 183 lbs
    FueledByYelyah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FueledByYelyah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FueledByYelyah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FueledByYelyah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FueledByYelyah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FueledByYelyah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FueledByYelyah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FueledByYelyah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FueledByYelyah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FueledByYelyah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FueledByYelyah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit FueledByYelyah's BodySpace

Is it good to do two chest days a week?

I did my chest day today, but I really want to start to see gains. Is it good to have two chest days? I'm going to be sore tomorrow, and probably Tuesday and Wednesday. But can I give myself another chest day Thursday? Or is a week between chest workouts appropriate? Thanks.

Stats: 6'2", 208 lbs
    W_Camp18 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) W_Camp18 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) W_Camp18 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) W_Camp18 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) W_Camp18 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) W_Camp18 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) W_Camp18 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) W_Camp18 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) W_Camp18 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) W_Camp18 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) W_Camp18 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit W_Camp18's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by FueledByYelyah View Post
    I did my chest day today, but I really want to start to see gains. Is it good to have two chest days? I'm going to be sore tomorrow, and probably Tuesday and Wednesday. But can I give myself another chest day Thursday? Or is a week between chest workouts appropriate? Thanks.
    This is something that I have been thinking about myself. I generally do a chest routine on Monday or Tuesday and can feel it through the next 2-3 days. After that I have been feeling like I need more for growth.

I have personally been thinking about trying a 6 day split, where I train all my muscle groups twice a week for maybe a couple weeks at a time for 2 months.

But, you don't want to go HEAVY monday, and then turn around thursday and go Heavy again. Split it up, Monday go heavy and Thursday go light with high reps.

Monday - Chest (Heavy working sets - Alot of Presses, Incline, Decline, Flat)
    Tues - Legs (Squats/Leg Presses)
    Wed - Back (Deadlifts / BB Rows)
    Thurs - Chest (DB Flyes/Cables/DB Presses)
    Fri - Legs (Leg Ext/ Leg Curls/Lunges/Calf raises)
    Sat - Back (Good Mornings / DB Rows/etc)

This is just basic - To round out your body you would need to fit at least a light shoulder workout there as well as you will get some work from the heavy chest day on your delts. But this is a fairly simple type of 6 day split where you could add chest and I recommend your other lifts twice a week as well.

Don't do this for very long in my opinion maybe a month or two to stimulate some growth then go back to your original routine, until you hit that plateau again.

Stats: 6'2", 210 lbs
    kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit kusok's BodySpace
    You're actually supposed to do each muscle group 2x per week (or every 5 days if older or on a cut) unless you're a beginner (in which case you would do chest 3x per week on full body)

Just reduce volume so that you recover.

Stats: 6'2", 210 lbs
    kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) kusok has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit kusok's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by W_Camp18 View Post
    This is something that I have been thinking about myself. I generally do a chest routine on Monday or Tuesday and can feel it through the next 2-3 days. After that I have been feeling like I need more for growth.

I have personally been thinking about trying a 6 day split, where I train all my muscle groups twice a week for maybe a couple weeks at a time for 2 months.

But, you don't want to go HEAVY monday, and then turn around thursday and go Heavy again. Split it up, Monday go heavy and Thursday go light with high reps.

Monday - Chest (Heavy working sets - Alot of Presses, Incline, Decline, Flat)
    Tues - Legs (Squats/Leg Presses)
    Wed - Back (Deadlifts / BB Rows)
    Thurs - Chest (DB Flyes/Cables/DB Presses)
    Fri - Legs (Leg Ext/ Leg Curls/Lunges/Calf raises)
    Sat - Back (Good Mornings / DB Rows/etc)

This is just basic - To round out your body you would need to fit at least a light shoulder workout there as well as you will get some work from the heavy chest day on your delts. But this is a fairly simple type of 6 day split where you could add chest and I recommend your other lifts twice a week as well.

Don't do this for very long in my opinion maybe a month or two to stimulate some growth then go back to your original routine, until you hit that plateau again.

Too many days.

Stats: 5'11", 178 lbs
    Shizzyshawn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Shizzyshawn's BodySpace
    Ive done my chest both ways...once a week and twice a week... I can def tell a difference.. now im doing heavy on mon and light on thurs

Stats: 6'1", 215 lbs
    JakeByrd is a name known to all. (+5000) JakeByrd is a name known to all. (+5000) JakeByrd is a name known to all. (+5000) JakeByrd is a name known to all. (+5000) JakeByrd is a name known to all. (+5000) JakeByrd is a name known to all. (+5000) JakeByrd is a name known to all. (+5000) JakeByrd is a name known to all. (+5000) JakeByrd is a name known to all. (+5000) JakeByrd is a name known to all. (+5000) JakeByrd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit JakeByrd's BodySpace
    I've had good results from doing everything twice a week. I hit chest on mondays and thursdays when I did this. I went heavy every time though against some of the advice on this site and it worked well for me. I just changed that up last week after hitting a plateau.

prant is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kusok View Post
    You're actually supposed to do each muscle group 2x per week (or every 5 days if older or on a cut) unless you're a beginner (in which case you would do chest 3x per week on full body)

Just reduce volume so that you recover.
    What does that mean to reduce "volume"?

I also work chest twice a week, but I'm working heavy on both days.

So basically you guys are saying I should go heavy on one workout, then the next I should lift lighter, but more reps?

can you please explain the difference between the two?

Training For Chest Hair rdferguson's Avatar
    Stats: 5'7", 143 lbs
    rdferguson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rdferguson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rdferguson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rdferguson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rdferguson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rdferguson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rdferguson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rdferguson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rdferguson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rdferguson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) rdferguson has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit rdferguson's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by prant View Post
    What does that mean to reduce "volume"?

I also work chest twice a week, but I'm working heavy on both days.

So basically you guys are saying I should go heavy on one workout, then the next I should lift lighter, but more reps?

can you please explain the difference between the two?
    By reduce volume, he means something along the lines of only do 1-2 exercises per muscle group with 2-4 sets per exercise, rather than 5 exercises per muscle group with 4-6 sets per exercise.

Just doing a fullbody with 1 exercise per muscle group, or an upper/lower split with 1-2 exercises per muscle group, is a pretty good place for a beginner to be at.
    SQ 2x150kg BP 95kg DL 190kg OHP 60kg @ 70kg

You can work out without training, but you can't train without working out.

The noob effect, as explained by Greg Everett: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

http://onemoreplate.blogspot.com.au/

Stats: 1'1", 155 lbs
    Unojay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Unojay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Unojay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Unojay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Unojay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Unojay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Unojay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Unojay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Unojay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Unojay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Unojay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Unojay's BodySpace
    Just beast it more on the day you do chest, you will be aching more and will only wanna do it once a week.

Stats: 6'0", 173 lbs
    jj341 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jj341 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jj341 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jj341 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jj341 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jj341 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jj341 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jj341 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jj341 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jj341 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jj341 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit jj341's BodySpace

Twice a week

I do each body part twice a week. Depending how I feel I know whether the 2nd one should be heavy or light.

Stats: 5'8", 162 lbs
    jdyqf has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jdyqf has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jdyqf has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jdyqf has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jdyqf has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jdyqf has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jdyqf has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jdyqf has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jdyqf has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jdyqf has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jdyqf has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit jdyqf's BodySpace
    Yeah I have been doing chest days 2 x a week forever. I think it helps a lot. Just bumped squats up for 3 x a week too. It just depends on how heavy you go, which is gonna have to be really heavy to need a week rest, and how fast you recover. I recover quick, so I do this. Plus, I am only doing main lifts for the next 9 weeks.
    PR's: 365 | 280 | 500 = 1145 lbs

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161814243&p=1242966893#post1242966893

Registered User cllaframboise11's Avatar
    Stats: 6'7", 190 lbs
    cllaframboise11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit cllaframboise11's BodySpace
    I do chest twice a week, heavy day on sunday, and a light day on thursdays! I have been gaining very rapidly. It has only been about a month since i have been doing this but I am very satisfied so far.