Thread: Good deal?

Tizzle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Good deal?

Is this a good deal for a first set?

How good are the york bars?

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-se...AdIdZ277452586

Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Seems like a good deal to me, especially since it's brand new. (I'm under the assumption that's $367 dollars US currency).

f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's an alright deal. It has 340lbs of weights and The york bars are supposed to be one of the best cheap bars.

The York olympic weight set (includes bar+ 255lbs of plates) was $200 at robertson fitness not that long ago. An E-Z curl bar is ~$40. The bench doesn't looks that good, not that you can really tell from what is shown in that pic. Hard to say what that is worth without knowing what it is. The Kettlebells are like ~$15 each.

That said, it doesn't look like Roberston sells the york set anymore. You may want to try calling them. The next cheapest is at primal athletes http://www.primalathletes.com/equipm...ympic-set.html , but shipping may kill that if you don't plan on going to Toronto anytime soon. Based on what I remember a few months ago, the cheapest you'll find a weight set at an fitness store in Ottawa is $300 (not includeing robertson fitness). Also, a good bench will run you ~$200 new (feo.ca has decent prices). Though every now and again a good bench comes up for $100 - $150 on Kijiji in Ottawa. http://www.usedottawa.com/classified...bench_14581140 is pretty decent if you don't want/need your bench to decline.

Also, I highly recommend you look into getting a power rack. That'll run you at least $300, but the added safety is very much worth it.

Most people here will recommend that you at least get a power rack, bench, and Olympic weight set with bar.
    Last edited by f8ll; 04-25-2011 at 05:04 AM.

Tizzle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by f8ll View Post
    It's an alright deal. It has 340lbs of weights and The york bars are supposed to be one of the best cheap bars.

The York olympic weight set (includes bar+ 255lbs of plates) was $200 at robertson fitness not that long ago. An E-Z curl bar is ~$40. The bench doesn't looks that good, not that you can really tell from what is shown in that pic. Hard to say what that is worth without knowing what it is. The Kettlebells are like ~$15 each.

That said, it doesn't look like Roberston sells the york set anymore. You may want to try calling them. The next cheapest is at primal athletes http://www.primalathletes.com/equipm...ympic-set.html , but shipping may kill that if you don't plan on going to Toronto anytime soon. Based on what I remember a few months ago, the cheapest you'll find a weight set at an fitness store in Ottawa is $300 (not includeing robertson fitness). Also, a good bench will run you ~$200 new (feo.ca has decent prices). Though every now and again a good bench comes up for $100 - $150 on Kijiji in Ottawa. http://www.usedottawa.com/classified...bench_14581140 is pretty decent if you don't want/need your bench to decline.

Also, I highly recommend you look into getting a power rack. That'll run you at least $300, but the added safety is very much worth it.

Most people here will recommend that you at least get a power rack, bench, and Olympic weight set with bar.
    Thanks for all the info.
    Yes I'm currently hunting for a squat rack but they dont come around very often in Ottawa.
    I've actually spotted on on kijiji for pretty cheap, it's a Northern lights and he's selling it for 350$.

I think I'll pass on the Olympic weight set, i have until October to purchase all my equipment so no rush.
    p.s. the guy replied me on the bench and with a quick google search it seems to be a cheap Canadian tire brand.