Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    thegreek21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegreek21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    like you and many others, i also had these feelings when i first started, however i was at the opposite end, i was quite small and was intimidated by all the bigger guys that were around me while i was lifting, worrying about the small amount that i was lifting compared to them.
    i decided to go at the times when the gym was quietest and there were only a few people around. by doing this, i got a feel for what i was doing, where the different equipment was, how to do the exercises, etc. by getting more comfortable with where i was and what to do, i now don't care what anyone else thinks while i am there, and while due to several health issues i haven't had the gains i would have liked, when i am at the gym i just do what i came there for and not worry about others.
    good luck with your goals!!!

KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) KorStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here's what you do:

Screw everyone who judges you. People who judge others aren't worth anyone's time, let alone yours. They're probably in the gym specifically for the vanity of it. Not because they want to be better... But because they think that being "OMGJACKED!" will get them the ladies. Sure, it will... But the shallow ones.

The most successful people I've seen in the gym are the ones that are there for themselves first and foremost. Sure, everyone wants to look good for the opposite sex... But when you see someone in there thats there to better themselves and get themselves healthy, you know it.

Anyone laughing at you is a hater. And anyone with a shred of maturity isn't going to rip on you, regardless of your size.

It takes a TON of guts to get into the gym, regardless of how skinny or how big you are. Overcome that obstacle and you'll come out better for it.

Let the shallows wallow in their own narcissism. Most body builders/ power lifters at your gym are GOING to respect you.

Forget the haters, get in the gym and do what's best FOR YOU brother!

BBTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10) BBTrevor is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Arrow

Yeah you need to work on your self confidence, I have seen guys like you in the gym who walk in to the room like everyone cares and is looking at you..news flash..they aren't! Just go in there and mind your own business do your own thing. I have seen guys who are 400lbs plus and very high bodyfat all the way to guys who look like they could get their pro ifbb bodybuilding cards and go compete in the Olympia this year. I treat both the exact same way I dont stare or look at them but if they are in my eyesight I see them, I could care less I go to the gym to train not look at and judge people, most mature people or ones who are serious about training feel the same way. And if it bothers you sooo much since you feel so insecure and think you are soo over weight just go for runs in your local area where its private or jump rope or do other cardio or buy a tredmill and a free weights set wiht some dumbells and train that way, you dont need some big fancy gym with a fancy name to get in shape..then when you feel more confident in yourself you can join a gym. Heck I dont even train at a gym much anymore these days, have my barbbell bench set with a power rack and some dumbells can train whenever I want and listen to what I want, if you have the option even more so when first starting training at home is the way to go.

whitek8gixxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitek8gixxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitek8gixxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitek8gixxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitek8gixxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whitek8gixxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i've never been a big guy but i don't pass judgement at all people that are trying to better them selves. How ever i do pass judgment at the grocery store when i see some fat ass on food stamps pushing two carts of ****.. Dont worry man do you and screw everybody else. I got into a sick verbal and almsot a physical argument with some douchebag at the gym the other night for staring at everybody and walking around all bad. He bumped into me and i promised him if he ever did it again he'd swallow his teeth. Aparently strong muscles have more intemidation factor than a dewrag cause he didn't do **** man.

zaslek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had issues working out on anything other than the elliptical. I bought 8 sessions with a trainer there to get me started and break me out of my comfort zone. That's really been my biggest help to get over intimidation -- knowing what to do.

Also, I'm not sure if its because I go to an overly friendly gym or something but all the super fit people always offer to let me use the equip before them if we get to it at the same time. I never have to wait or ask to cut in. People just offer it up

caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know you said you have a membership, but have you thought about investing in a home gym? Then you can workout whenever you want, master your craft, and not have the anxiety issues. After you are getting comfortable with your body, you can go back to the gym and know what you're doing, thus building more confidence in yourself. You don't have to go to a fancy gym to get results. You can go to Wal-Mart and buy a weight bench with 110lbs of weights and a barbell for $70.

Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Big people need to get over this fear (way easier said than done, I know).

When I see bigger people in there, I just think "good for them" and go about my business.
    I achieve nutritional fortitude by a method which shall not be named, lest the peasants learn to read.

haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm just gonna echo what everyone else is saying that no one is gonna judge you for getting fit and making your life right.

I'm fatter than you, but have no qualms about going to the gym. Do you know your way around the weight room? Do you know what you're doing? If not, hire a trainer for a session to get acquainted with the equipment and that will help boost your confidence. Think about it this way....you'll be judged by so many more people walking into a fast food restaurant as a fatty than walking into a gym as a fatty looking to get in shape. Seriously, no one cares.
    The April Fools "I ain't no fool" weight loss competition.

Starting Weight:264

[Apr 4- *262*][Apr 11-*260*][April 18-*253*][April 25-*253*]

[May 2-*251*][May 9-*249*][May 16-*248*][May 23-*246*][May 30-xx]

[June 6-xx][June 13-xx][June 20-xx]

Final Goal Weight: 220-230

Team: Urine Trouble...pissing all over your chances of winning, one pound at a time

haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50) haveyourmile will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by whitek8gixxer View Post
    How ever i do pass judgment at the grocery store when i see some fat ass on food stamps pushing two carts of ****
    Maybe they're just part of the IIFYM crew, using food stamps to load up on Ben and Jerry's?
    The April Fools "I ain't no fool" weight loss competition.

Starting Weight:264

[Apr 4- *262*][Apr 11-*260*][April 18-*253*][April 25-*253*]

[May 2-*251*][May 9-*249*][May 16-*248*][May 23-*246*][May 30-xx]

[June 6-xx][June 13-xx][June 20-xx]

Final Goal Weight: 220-230

Team: Urine Trouble...pissing all over your chances of winning, one pound at a time

SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) SkinnyAlbo123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    My gym partner is skinny as well, makes me feel more comfortable around those big ass guys in the gym. Find a fat partner (srs.)

euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey man! I am sure at some point everyone has felt somewhat intimidated at the gym. The key that I have found is consistency. I was in pretty decent shape when I started years ago and was very intimidated, even at the small gym I was going to. Then it gets to a point, you see the same people in there all the time and start to realize they don’t even notice you’re there.

Remember the reasons you are going to the gym, for a healthier lifestyle, for the Air force! You will also find once you get going, get a routine down, start lifting hard, training hard, you’ll step back and say “holy crap” I didn’t notice there was anyone here with me, let alone worry about them watching you.

Good luck with it, suck it up, go the same time each day, MP3 player, consistency.

n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I see fat people in McDonalds, I kind of look at them like "wtf r u doin here?"

When I see fat people at the gym, I give them mad props, IF they're not being a gym idiot.

Everyone goes to the gym to get healtheir, look better, etc. The big guys aren't gonna beat you (us) up or anything so no need to fret.
    I like to squat.

michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rkcraigslist519 View Post
    Because of my weight i've been the center of jokes my whole time being in school which i think dramatically reduced my self esteem. so everytime i step into the gym, onto the treadmill for warm up, i cant seem to bring myself to go out into the free weight section with the other body builders around. i feel intimidated by them because they're so experienced and i havent touch a dumbell since moving it aside to make room for my xbox.
    Stepping out of your comfort zone takes courage, but the pay-off is big! You are young, so consider this experience to be one of the first times you chose to push past your fear in order to accomplish something important. It'll get easier with each opportunity! (Note the sayings in my signature.)

Thankfully, unlike high school, most ppl who go to the gym are like-minded, supportive, and polite. When you happen to make eye contact, a simple nod and maybe a quick smile is all it takes to get past the moment, keeping you on track with your workout goals.

It may feel like all eyes are you when you step into the free-weight section, but consider something more positive when thinking of the other ppl in the room:

1) Most people are in focused on their own workout and not the other ppl around them. You should do the same. As suggested, pop in your earbuds and "get in the zone".
    2) It's important for you to believe that those who do take note of your presence are glad to see you there and want you to do well.
    3) Consider the really fit ppl to be objects of inspiration, not intimidation.

Upate us in a couple of weeks, so we can applaud you for your efforts!
    Don't "take care".... take RISKS!

Courage doesn't mean you have no fear, but rather that you've chosen not to allow your fear to paralyze you.

"The difference between a goal and a dream is a deadline." -Steve Smith

JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah dude when i first went to my highschool gym as a freshman I saw all the seniors completely tearing it up... I could barely lift the barbell as a small freshman. First day in a senior took me under his wing and showed me everything. He designed a whole workout for me and when he graduated we kept in touch. After a year in a half i got buff and taller and i could keep up with seniors.

The point is that EVERYONE has felt the way you were before. Everyone starts out as a shy person the first time they are at a Gym. Of course you may look scrawny and have no idea what so ever but if you work hard and make decent gains you will gain respect around the gym.

vdubforlife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't feel that way, your in there to get healthier. You already are respected, or should be atleast for stepping foot in the gym. Your there to improve your life, no one should judge you, because your not on there fitness level.

gregysuper is just really nice. (+1000) gregysuper is just really nice. (+1000) gregysuper is just really nice. (+1000) gregysuper is just really nice. (+1000) gregysuper is just really nice. (+1000) gregysuper is just really nice. (+1000) gregysuper is just really nice. (+1000) gregysuper is just really nice. (+1000) gregysuper is just really nice. (+1000) gregysuper is just really nice. (+1000) gregysuper is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rkcraigslist519 View Post
    Hey everyone,

My name is Ryan I am 19 years old, 5' 11'' 250lbs with a body fat % of about 35. As you can tell I'm pretty far from being slim or built. I'm trying to educate myself and get into body building, the main reason for it is becuase i want to get healthy befor i join the air force next year. i have a gym membership but I have a problem that i'm hoping you guys can help me with.
    Because of my weight i've been the center of jokes my whole time being in school which i think dramatically reduced my self esteem. so everytime i step into the gym, onto the treadmill for warm up, i cant seem to bring myself to go out into the free weight section with the other body builders around. i feel intimidated by them because they're so experienced and i havent touch a dumbell since moving it aside to make room for my xbox.
    Has anyone ever been through this before? If i could get any advice on how to get over this intimidation and get in there and start lifting i would greatly appreciate it. thanks everyone!
    Damn if a few jokes lower your self esteem you should reconsider going to the air force.
    You'll prolly have to deal with a lot of crap worse than that there

SWAGNEBULA is a complete loser! (-2000) SWAGNEBULA is a complete loser! (-2000) SWAGNEBULA is a complete loser! (-2000) SWAGNEBULA is a complete loser! (-2000) SWAGNEBULA is a complete loser! (-2000) SWAGNEBULA is a complete loser! (-2000) SWAGNEBULA is a complete loser! (-2000) SWAGNEBULA is a complete loser! (-2000) SWAGNEBULA is a complete loser! (-2000) SWAGNEBULA is a complete loser! (-2000) SWAGNEBULA is a complete loser! (-2000)
    they all started somewhere too

just remember that

StormHarvester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormHarvester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormHarvester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormHarvester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormHarvester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormHarvester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormHarvester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StormHarvester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the exact same problem...except I use the gym at work and I get made fun of a lot by the people I work with. It's seriously depressing and demotivating and there's days I think to myself 'why the hell am I here for??'

But I guess the bottom line is that at least I'm trying to do something and make a change...but I totally feel for you bro.

AgentUlod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AgentUlod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AgentUlod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Intimidated? Listen to music gets your mind off other people while working out.

CrimsonVz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrimsonVz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrimsonVz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrimsonVz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrimsonVz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrimsonVz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrimsonVz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrimsonVz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrimsonVz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrimsonVz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrimsonVz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude I'm 16 and all the people at my gym are either Gator students or older I just start conversations with them and get to know them so eventually i know just about everyone so its a lot less outcast feeling.

enginesuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was an still am to a certain extent still in the same boat as you. I was 21 stone at the at the start of this year I've since shifted 65 pounds of fat. It feels intimidating when your at the gym and fitness levels are really low but progress can be achieved at a fairly brisk pace if you are consistent with your workouts and challenge your body in different ways as you progress. There will come a time where you will lifting whilst looking in the mirror that you have a eureka moment and realise the progress you have made. (this happened to me a few days ago) it is a massive confidence boost and better than any drug using it as a motivation to carry on and be the best I can be. If your having a bad day after a while focus on what you have achieved to date. I select a 65 pound dumbbell and ask myself if I really want to be carrying this around all day , like I was doing a few months ago. Good luck and get yourself down the gym.

m6anderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) m6anderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) m6anderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) m6anderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) m6anderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) m6anderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) m6anderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) m6anderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) m6anderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) m6anderson is on a distinguished road. (+10) m6anderson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Once you have made the decision to change your life, no one has the power to take that away from you, unless you give them that power. Get out there and throw some weights around, knowing that you're giving it the best that you've got.

I used to get workout anxiety to the point that I would have panic attacks because I knew I couldn't do it (as a DI athlete). My strength coach said to me... "This is where you're at... and it's not fatal and it's not the end of the world... but if you work hard you won't be here for long." Take it one day at a time, and know that every day, you are one day closer to reaching your goals. Good luck!

Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10) Inthearena is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For feeling comfortable in the free weight area:

1. Learn how to do most free weight movements ahead of time. (internet videos or w/e)

2. Have a good idea of exactly what you're going to do and do it. Have a basic routine in mind and execute the plan.

Don't look confused or like you're just winging it. Know what you want to accomplish that day, do the work, and be on your way.
    Highest weight: ~280lbs

"...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." -Socrates

waseemee is on a distinguished road. (+10) waseemee is on a distinguished road. (+10) waseemee is on a distinguished road. (+10) waseemee is on a distinguished road. (+10) waseemee is on a distinguished road. (+10) waseemee is on a distinguished road. (+10) waseemee is on a distinguished road. (+10) waseemee is on a distinguished road. (+10) waseemee is on a distinguished road. (+10) waseemee is on a distinguished road. (+10) waseemee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bro, think of it this way, your there for the same reason as the other "big" guys in the gym: to improve yourself, you have a common interest and so there is no reason for you to feel intimidated.

To be honest, when ever I see a fat person in the gym, I'm motivated and inspired, at least that "fat" guy is doing something about his life, and is busting his ass to improve himself-- helleva motivation seeing that!!

Alec2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alec2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alec2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alec2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alec2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alec2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alec2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alec2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alec2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alec2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alec2011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I see people trying their hardest, pushing for that last 10 minutes on that mill or stepper and their overweight It makes me want to push harder.

You're in the gym to improve you life man... Don't let anyone or anything put you down. You put that damn ipod in, you jam it, and you act like you run the place.

Next time you walk in the gym doors think about how you want to look and push!

BigTRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTRC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Face the anxiety face to face..its the only way man. Make it your bitch, at first I was deathly afraid of going to the gym. I always thought in my head "why are they looking" "is there something wrong with what I'm doing" "are they laughing?", but after a while I didn't give a shiz.

Now that I've been at it for around 4 months people that see me regularly are coming up to me asking me how much weight I've lost, shoot even asking me for tips/workouts. Feelsgoodman.jpg . Just go don't cower at home, take that first step to changing your life

paopaonine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile very helpful comments

thanks for your sound advice people.i'm trying to lose weight and i've been going to the gym for 4 straight days and counting.I really get this feeling even now especially if I see the "gym rats" work out rigorously but I always remind myself that what i'm doing is for myself especially my health.I plan to go the gym everyday except Sunday.I'm 5'9 and 220 lbs.My goal is to lose 70 lbs of fat first in 5 or 6 months then start cutting after that.Hopefully I can achieve that...good luck to me!

r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10) r0bdigz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by paopaonine View Post
    thanks for your sound advice people.i'm trying to lose weight and i've been going to the gym for 4 straight days and counting.I really get this feeling even now especially if I see the "gym rats" work out rigorously but I always remind myself that what i'm doing is for myself especially my health.I plan to go the gym everyday except Sunday.I'm 5'9 and 220 lbs.My goal is to lose 70 lbs of fat first in 5 or 6 months then start cutting after that.Hopefully I can achieve that...good luck to me!
    Good luck. I dropped 55 lbs this year so it can be done. I'll say that 70 lbs in 6 months will be tough. It gets harder to lose weight the more you've lost. I've had to keep finding ways to tweak it as I've progressed. I'd encourage you to set smallers short term goals and keep pushing until you hit them all. Don't give up.

opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) opabarbosa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dude... it's a gym..

you'd expect to see big fat dudes there...

just relax.. do your thing...

if the experienced guys see that you're there for the real deal, they might even help you out

coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50) coachpalmz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Once you realize that most people are COMPLETELY focused on themselves....you won't care and you'll do your own thing.