CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Oxyelite pro questions concerns. Taking it before cycling(biking)

Let me start by saying this is my first post here. I am a ex distance runner specializing in the 1600m 3200m and 5k. lifetime best in mile 4:21 2 mile 9:43 and 5000m 14:58. Anyways Im 31 years old and have not did any exercising in 9 years. Now I have taking up cycling (road bike racing). I am training hard putting in between 150 to 250 miles a week with lots of intensity and interval and hill training. i started at a weigth of 160lbs im 5'7". my running wieght was 132 back when i was running. I wanted to drop my weight to a manageable 140-145 to be able to compete better. so i started with gnc's 7 day fast lose system. ate exactly what it said on the manual right to the tee. watched calories rode the bike but didnt lose a single pound, why is that?

So now I have went back to GNC and bought OXYELITE PRO to help lose weight. i also got the AMPLIFIED WHEYBOLIC EXTREME 60 to take after my workout to rebuild muscles. I also take the multi sport vitamins. heres my questions:

1) how hot is the oxyelite gonna make me? is it safe to take if im putting in a 50 mile bike ride at moderate to fast pace in florida? Im scared of the side effects of it. I dont want to be sick going into my ride, i keep hearing it makes you sick dizzy and extremely hot.

2) I was wandering if i should hold off on taking the oxyelite pro till monday when we do our 25 mile ride in case something crazy happens to me or should i jump right in and take it tomorrow before the 50 mile ride from hell?

3) the amplified wheybolic extreme 60 im gonna take a reduced dose of slighty under 1 cup after my workouts to keep from putting on weight as i am in the weight loss market not gain.

I really appreciate you guys helping out a newby to all this suppliment stuff.. the oxyelite scares me cause of all the things i keep hearing it will cause the first week. any insight in any of the above suppliments you can give I will greatly appreciate including alternate method of taking them or other supliments that are better for what im looking for.

CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CYCLING2011 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    really got me thinking if i should take this stuff. is it gonna give me a heart attack or worse. thinking about taking it back. also trying to figure out if i take it should i take it tomorrow on a 3 hour bike ride of hell or wait till monday for the short 25 mile ride

OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you are cycling that much you still need to eat enough to fuel your body. shoot for a 500 kcal deficit per day and youll lose a pound a week. at that rate you can still improve your fitness. I would drop the oxyelite as the DMAA is a wada banned substance and I would guess your hr is high enough when cycling as it is.
    Michael J. Pelechaty
    Sponsorship Coordinator, Ohio State Triathlon
    VP Sponsorship, Summit Multisport
    "Yeah I was depressed for a while, but then I remembered how awesome I am."

Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000) Clemenza is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by OSUtri View Post
    If you are cycling that much you still need to eat enough to fuel your body. shoot for a 500 kcal deficit per day and youll lose a pound a week. at that rate you can still improve your fitness. I would drop the oxyelite as the DMAA is a wada banned substance and I would guess your hr is high enough when cycling as it is.
    Agreed.
    I took Oxyelite and had a tough time with it. And I didn't even take the recommended 3 caps a day. I took one in the morning on an empty stomach, and one before a workout and sometimes even this was too much for me. In the beginning I noticed some chest pains that pretty much faded, as well as much more anxiety and aggression. Note that I'm pretty good with stims. This is definately some high powered stuff so if you do decide to go with it, start the dosage off small.

I like USP labs products for the most part. This one DOES work, but be safe with it.

Originally Posted by OSUtri View Post
    So your saying that this stuff is banned? I havent taken any yet! why is it banned? you said my heartrate is already high enough. is that all this does is get your heart rate up? if i did take it and it elevated my heart rate, will the biking put my heartrate at a dangerous level???

OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10) OSUtri is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CYCLING2011 View Post
    So your saying that this stuff is banned? I havent taken any yet! why is it banned? you said my heartrate is already high enough. is that all this does is get your heart rate up? if i did take it and it elevated my heart rate, will the biking put my heartrate at a dangerous level???
    1,3 Dimethylamylamine is banned because the world anti doping agency decided it should be. No, but 1,3 DMAA will raise your HR because it is a very potent stimulant...

Cycling will not assuming you don't have any preexisting conditions. I would not personally take the product while cycling though. IF you want to know more do a search on DMAA and see what comes up.
    Michael J. Pelechaty
    Sponsorship Coordinator, Ohio State Triathlon
    VP Sponsorship, Summit Multisport
    "Yeah I was depressed for a while, but then I remembered how awesome I am."