GKeeper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help getting rid of my man boobs?

Okay, so ive been thinking lately...im tired of these man boobs, i have been for all my childhood, but only now have i actually motivated myself to do something about them. I plan for this upcoming summer break to be the time in which i finally work these horrendous bastards off my chest, and get some muscle in there. The only thing holding me back: i dont know where to begin. Ive looked all over the internet, all im told to do is do chest workouts with a lot of cardio. I need real help from real people (whoever reads this and wants to help).

Heres my situation...

Im 15 years old, 16 in august, and as far back as i can remember...well...from about age seven, ive had little man boobs, which have over time, grown bigger and sagged. The weird part is, is that in my early childhood, i was always SUPER skinny, and really active. I cant figure out what happened. To make this easeir to understand and explain, ill break it up into two parts, childhood at my old house (3 years), and from when we moved, up to now.

Old house:

As i said, i was a skinny little kid, but very active, always hyper and full of energy. I dont ever really remember having tits as a young kid at my old house, but based on pictures, i can see i already had chest fat building up back then, while the rest of my body remained somewhat normal (this was the time my belly fat and love handles came about also).

Life up until now:

After my family moved, i had no friends to hang out, and run around with all day, and i was too shy to go make new ones, so i began staying inside more, excersising less, and eating more processed foods. This i know is the cause for my current state, and laziness throughout life up until now. We moved when i was starting 3rd grade, so ive basically had man boobs the majority of my school life.

Im pretty sure everyone agrees: man boobs = gross+unsightly, but with this being established, what steps should i take to get rid of these things? What types of workouts, plans, and supplements should i use?

Oh, and if youve ever struggled with man boobs yourself, feel free to message me privately, I want to hear what its like from a real person, not a stupid internet article.

p.s.: Im 245Lbs and 5'9", just so you know.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by GKeeper; 04-22-2011 at 05:28 PM.

mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50) mdmadore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They should shrink considerably as you lose fat. It will be even loss all over though.
    Hit chest hard and start building some good mass.

I do believe though, by those pics, you have some gyno going on as well. Have your doctor check you for sure.

NiteFox11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mines arent completely gone, but what i did was his my chest hard with push-ups, dumbell flys and bench presses, but i also watch what i eat, i only drink water and try to follow the weight loss for noobs guide. oh but when i flex my chest, my man boobs diappear, lol.

Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000)
    Those are moobs and a half. But it's just an unfortunate way of putting on weight - lose 70 pounds and they should go away. It's definitely possible in a year.

Push-ups, flys, and chest exercises like that are not specifically going to help get rid of moobs. But of course it's a good idea to lift heavy weights if you want to look better.

There's that one guy who posts links to the "losing weight" stickies. Even if he doesn't make an appearance, look them up.

moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    good thing you know the cause of your problem..

now eliminating your problem is alot easier man.

to give you motivation i can swear that is true and miscers will agree.. losing fat is about 10 times easier than gaining muscle, so your fat loss goals are achievable for sure.

like some one suggested read the stickies for fat loss and hit that cardio hard.

good luck man

Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm in the same boat as you op, im about 5"11 and 215 at 18 years old.

I've lost about 20 easy lbs just by cutting out the soda/junk food, which was not easy at all. Each time I wanted to binge I would make myself look in the mirror shirtless, my man boobs disgusted me and it kind of worked for me, now they're not gone but a little more manageable, i can go out more wearing shirts without having to be so self conscious.

I would suggest finding your Basal Metabolic Rate first, that will tell you how much your body burns in a day, all you need to do is eat about 500 cals less, if you do that then each week you should lose a pound.

500 cals x 7 days a week = 3500 calories which is equal to a pound.

Here's a link to a basal metabolic rate calculator:

http://health.discovery.com/centers/...sal/basal.html

Here's a vid that shows you an explanation kind of:

It's not easy man, just keep going hard each day. I would also suggest signing up to a gym and incorporating some weight training.

My routine consists of:

10 mins on the elliptical at 6-9 mph
    Day 1: Bi's/Tri's
    Day 2: Back
    Day 3: Chest
    Day 4: Legs
    Day 5: Shoulders

Feel free to mix it up.

Good Luck!

topper1 is a complete loser! (-2000) topper1 is a complete loser! (-2000) topper1 is a complete loser! (-2000) topper1 is a complete loser! (-2000) topper1 is a complete loser! (-2000) topper1 is a complete loser! (-2000) topper1 is a complete loser! (-2000) topper1 is a complete loser! (-2000) topper1 is a complete loser! (-2000) topper1 is a complete loser! (-2000) topper1 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    God damn those are more impressive then my ex girlfriends.

As noted by the old dude who is mean to 98% of the people in this forum lose about 80 pounds and work the chest hard. Your not gonna get some magic advice to lose the tits hard work in the gym and clean eating is the answer.

IndAS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IndAS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IndAS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GKeeper View Post
    Okay, so ive been thinking lately...im tired of these man boobs, i have been for all my childhood, but only now have i actually motivated myself to do something about them. I plan for this upcoming summer break to be the time in which i finally work these horrendous bastards off my chest, and get some muscle in there. The only thing holding me back: i dont know where to begin. Ive looked all over the internet, all im told to do is do chest workouts with a lot of cardio. I need real help from real people (whoever reads this and wants to help).

Heres my situation...

Im 15 years old, 16 in august, and as far back as i can remember...well...from about age seven, ive had little man boobs, which have over time, grown bigger and sagged. The weird part is, is that in my early childhood, i was always SUPER skinny, and really active. I cant figure out what happened. To make this easeir to understand and explain, ill break it up into two parts, childhood at my old house (3 years), and from when we moved, up to now.

Old house:

As i said, i was a skinny little kid, but very active, always hyper and full of energy. I dont ever really remember having tits as a young kid at my old house, but based on pictures, i can see i already had chest fat building up back then, while the rest of my body remained somewhat normal (this was the time my belly fat and love handles came about also).

Life up until now:

After my family moved, i had no friends to hang out, and run around with all day, and i was too shy to go make new ones, so i began staying inside more, excersising less, and eating more processed foods. This i know is the cause for my current state, and laziness throughout life up until now. We moved when i was starting 3rd grade, so ive basically had man boobs the majority of my school life.

Im pretty sure everyone agrees: man boobs = gross+unsightly, but with this being established, what steps should i take to get rid of these things? What types of workouts, plans, and supplements should i use?

Oh, and if youve ever struggled with man boobs yourself, feel free to message me privately, I want to hear what its like from a real person, not a stupid internet article.

Good to know you're only 15! This will be a treat for you because it's gonna be easier, and healthier on the long run.

As the posts above say. Lose the weight. You can't just lose the man boobs. Trust me, get a gym membership and do extensive cardio and weight training, a long with a good diet, it will change your life.

misterdeejay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misterdeejay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misterdeejay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misterdeejay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misterdeejay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misterdeejay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misterdeejay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misterdeejay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misterdeejay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misterdeejay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) misterdeejay is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    dude i was 260lb but 2 inches taller than you and my upper body wasnt that thick.

you must have some skinny legs then

cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cavermeulen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by indas View Post
    good to know you're only 15! This will be a treat for you because it's gonna be easier, and healthier on the long run.

As the posts above say. Lose the weight. You can't just lose the man boobs. Trust me, get a gym membership and do extensive cardio and weight training, a long with a good diet, it will change your life.

this!

morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm in a similiar situation, but with much less "man boobage" due to my height and my consistent weight loss. However, when I started it was much worse. I didn't know what to do and I thought just walking on a treadmill and buying hundreds of dollars worth of supplements would somehow magically cause me to lose weight. While that might be somewhat true, the hardest thing for me to change was my eating habits.

At your weight and height, just by changing your eating habits to healthy/whole foods you'll lose pounds even without any exercise. Obviously, adding exercise into your routine is going to help tremendously. Don't spot exercise, just get outside and move around. If you cannot join a gym, then walk around outside for a bit. You have said you used to be active so try and get back into that active lifestyle.

Your first priority should be to eat healthier. What do you eat now? When do you usually eat? Answering questions like those will help people here on the forums give accurate advice.

You're taking the first steps to getting back into a healthy lifestyle. That's awesome! I hope you stick with it and lose some weight. Make sure to keep us all informed!
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

MyFitnessPal ID: morrikj <-- ADD ME!

October 2010 - 350 lbs <-- THE OLD ME... NEVER GOING BACK!

New addiction: Kick Boxing

Starting weight as of 1/3/16: 223.9 lbs (weigh ins every Sunday)

1/10: 222.9 lbs

cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10) cookslow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You need to pick some stuff up, and put it down.

morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bodybuilding.com has probably the best information readily available to knowledge yourself about any subject relating to the body, eating healthier, etc... They are hardly stupid. Start out small and read some of the stickies along with some weight loss articles. While they may not be specific to your current situation, they are generalized and will help you get started on the right track. A majority of the people here on the forums did the same and are obtaining excellent results. Have patience and do some research.
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

MyFitnessPal ID: morrikj <-- ADD ME!

October 2010 - 350 lbs <-- THE OLD ME... NEVER GOING BACK!

New addiction: Kick Boxing

Starting weight as of 1/3/16: 223.9 lbs (weigh ins every Sunday)

1/10: 222.9 lbs

jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000) jamesyboi is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. Diet

2. Bench heavy 1-2 times a week

Don't waste time with cable movements.

Flat Bench Press 4 x 6-10
    Incline Press 3 x 6-10
    Dips 2 x Failure
    -80 kgs in 15 months.

Follow my journey on
    http://www.********.com/half175

✪ Fandango Crew ✪

joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joethebuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jamesyboi View Post
    1. Diet

2. Bench heavy 1-2 times a week

Don't waste time with cable movements.

Flat Bench Press 4 x 6-10
    Incline Press 3 x 6-10
    Dips 2 x Failure
    lol telling this guy to do dips until failure is pretty bad advice, since he will fail before 1 rep a beginner who is morbidly obese cant dip his own body weight dude come on. not hating op just saying.

Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000) Improve573 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by joethebuilder View Post
    lol telling this guy to do dips until failure is pretty bad advice, since he will fail before 1 rep a beginner who is morbidly obese cant dip his own body weight dude come on. not hating op just saying.
    this.

I've lost 15-20ish lbs and I still can't do dips.

lonestargifts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bench Press!! Bench Press!

Heres my situation...

Old house:

Life up until now:

The easiest way to turn those boobs into pecks is simple…

Two words…

Bench Pressing!

I had man boobs a few years ago, and within 3 weeks, they were gone and I was showing respectable pecks.

Before I started working out, I used a “power t shirt” that looks like a regular t shirt that flattens out your chest and makes it look like you have no man boobs. They work really great.

The website is at www . chestfxstore . com if you would like to check them out.

I really hope that this help you out.