Registered User consolesolution's Avatar
    consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10)

how many excersies is too much in one sessi?

I am trying not to overtrain
    how many excersies is too much?

i usually get in 6 different movements with 3 sets each with one or two warm up sets in one hour. that is with 45 sec breaks.

like this morning i did

barbell standing curl
    preacher curls
    tricep rope pressdown
    machine extensions
    lat pulldown
    seated cable row

and that made 1 hour

should i add more exercises to this routine? i am trying to add some size to my arms on this day. i work out 5 days a week. sometimes 6

plus i do 18mins of HITT on the treadmill before this.
    i do the cardio right upon waking
    no eating before hand.

then after cardio i take a scoop of myofusion,

then fix up 2 scoops of xtend and use that as a intra when lifting/recovery

then i ate
    1 cup egg whites
    1 packet grits
    and 2 pieces of string cheese

how we lookin?

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    That's fine for a back and arms workout but I'm not a fan of doing the arm exercises first because it will compromise the weight you can use on back.

Keep in mind no one can tell you what will work best for you -- they can only post guidelines and share what works for them. You have to figure that out through trial and error.

I prefer to do fewer exercises and more sets of each while others will do fewer sets per exercise but do more exercises. Everyone is different. Keep a detailed training journal, document the sets and reps, along with your bodyweight, etc., take regular progress photos, and over time you'll see what's working and what isn't.

bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    as long as your getting your rest and diet is in check, I would not fear overtraining. sounds like a fast paced, workout that probably elevates your heart rate pretty good. keep track of what your doing and what is working. don't get set on a specific routine. change if you need to.
    Your life won't change until you change.

mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    6 exercises is fine in one session. Do you have another back & arm day because this example is pretty poor imo. You should be doing back first and you need some compound, free weight lifts like deadlifts, bb or db rows and pull ups. Also, for triceps you want to include some compounds like close grip bench, dips or bench dips. skulls & overhead ext are also good free weight moves, try to focus more on those rather than machines.

consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10) consolesolution is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks for the tips.

i do feel like i am rushing because of time constrait but then i read stuff that says if you stay lifting weights too long, like 1.5-2 hours you are doing more harm than good.

there are so many different viewpoints on this stuff.

too much broscience as i have learned on here.

really i feel like i should just focus on maybe 4 or 5 sets on each exercise and only get like 4 different in on arms, then save back for a whole seperate day.

I really could work out 6 days a week. i just need to find a decent whole body split for 6 days and figure out what exercises i would want to focus on.

i defnitly keep a workout journal, its a composition notebook that i write, well everything in. i mean i write cardio time and distance, lbs, sets, reps, exercise names, even if i took any supps and how many scoops and all that.

its great to look back on what i did the last time and try to top it everytime.
    i just started working out seriously on feb 1st of this year so i am getting decent results as far as strength gains go.

i really am in the market to get a squat rack, it sucks to only be able to squat whatever weight i can clean and press over my head. lol.

Originally Posted by mbinda View Post
    6 exercises is fine in one session. Do you have another back & arm day because this example is pretty poor imo. You should be doing back first and you need some compound, free weight lifts like deadlifts, bb or db rows and pull ups. Also, for triceps you want to include some compounds like close grip bench, dips or bench dips. skulls & overhead ext are also good free weight moves, try to focus more on those rather than machines.
    i work out at home, and only have a home gym, the golds xr45 or something like that, so no flat bench. but i do do dumbell rows and i really need to start deadlifting.

i do chair dips but dont know how effective they are for tris.

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    That's fine for a back and arms workout but I'm not a fan of doing the arm exercises first because it will compromise the weight you can use on back.

Keep in mind no one can tell you what will work best for you -- they can only post guidelines and share what works for them. You have to figure that out through trial and error.

I prefer to do fewer exercises and more sets of each while others will do fewer sets per exercise but do more exercises. Everyone is different. Keep a detailed training journal, document the sets and reps, along with your bodyweight, etc., take regular progress photos, and over time you'll see what's working and what isn't.
    I generally gravitate from most intensive to least intensive movements in any workout. From big to smaller muscle groups.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by SquatTilYouDrop View Post
    I generally gravitate from most intensive to least intensive movements in any workout. From big to smaller muscle groups.
    Ditto. And if you want to give priority to the arms, train them on a separate day or split things up in a way that allows you to train them when they're fresh like back/tris, chest/bis, etc.

Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Wouldn't pre-exhausting the arms also force the back to take more of the work load? I'm not sure if this'll counterbalance the negative effects of using less weight.

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    Wouldn't pre-exhausting the arms also force the back to take more of the work load? I'm not sure if this'll counterbalance the negative effects of using less weight.
    Hmmmm? Imo purposely pre-exhausting the arms to target back more effectively would lead to poor form and a sh*tty back workout.

It makes far more sense to hit back with fresh arms so as to create a better mind muscle connection. The last thing I want to worry about when hitting back is tired arms.

I'm in the camp that says do back and arms on different days, fresh for the greatest efficiency and effectiveness.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SquatTilYouDrop View Post
    Hmmmm? Imo purposely pre-exhausting the arms to target back more effectively would lead to poor form and a sh*tty back workout.
    Absolutely. Pre-fatiguing arms will lead to premature fatigue in terms of the entire back workout.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

yeah i definitly felt that exhasustion this morning when performing the back exercises i did.

i think i am going to train all each body part on a seperate day.

Back to the Bulk. Whiteboii3000's Avatar
    Whiteboii3000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteboii3000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteboii3000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteboii3000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteboii3000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteboii3000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteboii3000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteboii3000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteboii3000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteboii3000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteboii3000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think one exercise is prolly too much for one sissy.