Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PinkDumbells View Post
    First of all it's piece, not peace. Secondly are you seriously trying to argue that an 8-rep max could possibly have the same meaning as a 1-rep max? Aren't those ideas already self defined? An 8 rep max is the most you can do for 8 reps. A 1 rep max is the most you can do for 1 rep, regardless if you actually ever test it or not.
    yes but.. my question was what is a 1RM? let say my max is 8x100 and i never went below 8, then my 1RM would also be 100 yes? then what sense would it make to talk about work out with 75 or 95% of 1RM? even if u once tried max out, unless u do this frequenly, ur will not be good at it, so ur 1RM will be weak compare to ur 8RM. what im saying is that 1RM and percent off it is a very volatile concept and what i just proved u is that u left out an even bigger peace of information then the user that u got banned

But you are right, after your post I can definitely see what you mean about retarded...
    ok great, so we agree about something at least.

PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ermunaz View Post
    yes but.. my question was what is a 1RM? let say my max is 8x100 and i never went below 8, then my 1RM would also be 100 yes? then what sense would it make to talk about work out with 75 or 95% of 1RM? even if u once tried max out, unless u do this frequenly, ur will not be good at it, so ur 1RM will be weak compare to ur 8RM. what im saying is that 1RM and percent off it is a very volatile concept and what i just proved u is that u left out an even bigger peace of information then the user that u got banned
    I never got anyone banned. They did that on their own.

And putting your pointless argument aside, what does it have to do with the conversation? I never said that XX% is heavy, or that someones actual tested max is heavy to them. I said that simply stating a rep range doesn't make the weight heavy and I mentioned an example of people who know their 1rm who train at lower percentages in the 1-5 rep range.

I seriously have no idea what point you are trying to make.

ok great, so we agree about something at least.
    You do realize that I was referring to your post as retarded, right?

SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SquatTilYouDrop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ermunaz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    And putting your pointless argument aside, what does it have to do with the conversation? I never said that XX% is heavy, or that someones actual tested max is heavy to them. I said that simply stating a rep range doesn't make the weight heavy and I mentioned an example of people who know their 1rm who train at lower percentages in the 1-5 rep range.

I seriously have no idea what point you are trying to make.
    my point is the following. i'll try to make this easy for u:

- u attack a user calling him dumb and that his posts are incomplete since he is assume something that was obvius to evryone except you: that when ppl talk about the repp range they work out in, they generaly refer to the weigth that is challenging to them, and not what they use for warmup sets
    - at the same time, u keep talking about percentages of max
    - what make ur posts a fAIL is that theyre even more incomplete since u fail to define what is a 'max':

A 1 rep max is the most you can do for 1 rep, regardless if you actually ever test it or not.
    no. NO. NO ur 1 rep max is the max weight u have ever lifted , not the weight u think u can lift or u can theoreticaly lift. that is BS e-stat reasoning. once u have perform ur 1RM, it matters very little what u do afterward. if u lifted it 7 more times or not, it wont change ur 1RM.

are u perhaps refering to estimated 1RM? if so, id like to inform u that u left that word out in ur posts. and THAT was my point.

wtf? i am NOT retarded. i am just unlucky when i think.

PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PinkDumbells has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ermunaz View Post
    That when ppl talk about the repp range they work out in, they generaly refer to the weigth that is challenging to them, and not what they use for warmup sets
    Seriously, how many time do I have to make the same point over and over again? I mentioned warmup sets but everyone keeps bringing that point up and ignoring the point where I mentioned that many many people often train in the 1-5 rep range without every getting near failure for that workout. How is that such a hard concept to grasp? Maybe it's because too many people think that you have to train to failure every workout in order to get bigger/stronger.

at the same time, u keep talking about percentages of max
    That is correct, I do. As an example of how some particular group of lifters will lift during particular workouts. This example, as I have mentioned about 50 times now, effectively disproves the whole notion that the 1-5 rep range is necessarily heavy.

wtf? i am NOT retarded
    Really? You sure fooled me.