Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100)

Intermittent Fasting- the holy grail of weightlifting

After doing Intermittent Fasting (IF) for 2 weeks, I have seem some tremendous results. Before I start talking about my results, let's dive into the science behind it:

IF is a period of fasting, done everyday (or as often as preferred). The fast normally lasts from the time you wake up until later in the evening, normally about 16-20 hours. Only water is allowed. After you're done fasting, you chow down on whatever your daily calories are in that 4-8 hour timeframe.

Now, the science.

First, your body is ran by one of two nervous systems. Your Parasympathetic (PNS) and Sympsthetic (SNS). Your PNS (say that 10 times fast) is your "rest and digest" mode and is activated when sleeping or digesting food. Your SNS is your "fight or flight" mode and runs your body during times of fasting/activity. The main reason IF works is it manipulates your nervous systems in your favor.

Upon waking, your body is in transition from your PNS to your SNS. During the transition is a time of hunger. You will see after about a half hour the hunger subsides. This is because your SNS takes over and starts releasing adrenaline and noradrenaline. These neurotransmitters are your body's own "stimulant" and is responsible for increased energy, focus, mental clarity, and suppressed appetite. You will notice yourself be more awake and alert during this time.

Also, there is no insulin in your system during this time. Since insulin blunts GH and T, these hormones will have a more profound effect on your body. This further aids in fat loss.

Since you aren't digesting food, your blood is flushed towards your skin, so all the hormones that are in your blood can more easily pull lipids into the bloodstream. Since you have adrenaline in your system, you are also burning more calories. One could see how all of this works in synergy with eachother to eliminate fat. Enter training.

You want to take ~10g BCAA's before you train to prevent the catabolism of muscle. You will notice you train with more intensity because your SNS is running strong. Enter postWO

Eateateat. Eat some more. This activates your PNS and feeds your hungry muscles. When you go to sleep, your PNS is running strong so sleep is much easier for you. Also, since you have a belly full of calories, it is beneficial for your muscle because sleep is when most growth and repair occurs. Insulin is spiked, and since most of it will go towards the muscle, fat gain is limited.

It should be noted as well that fasting will improve insulin sensitivity, so when you DO eat, less insulin is needed to get the job done. This will even further limit fat gain during your feast.

To put it simply, you work on losing weight where muscle loss is of little consequence, and you work on gaining weight where fat gain is of little consequence. This equals great fat loss and muscle gain, simultaneously. That is the holy grail of weightlifting.

For more information, you can visit Martin Berkhan's website www.leangains.com. There is a plethora of information there.

let me give you my testimony. I have been doing this for just over 2 weeks. During that time, I have:
    - Lost 8 lbs, cuts coming along nicely
    - Gained 1/2" on my arms
    - Improved bench 10 lbs
    - Improved DB rows by 20 lbs
    - Improved squat by 25 lbs
    - Improved military press 5 lbs
    - Haven't fallen asleep during class (amazing for me)
    - Felt more lively throughout the day
    - Spent less money due to not having to worry about food
    - Ate literally whatever I want, whereas before I was very strict
    - Had no negative side effects

All in all, I think everyone should do this. I have gotten a few friends to do it as well, and they all love it. If your goal is to gain muscle while losing fat, give IF a try
    Red for giving advice ITT: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=666205301#post666205301

Former misc poster, I gave up my trolling ways and ventured into the real forums. I enjoy helping people out, don't discredit me because a large number of people feel the need to neg me due to a difference of opinion on the EC stack.

I have gyno, and I am not ashamed.

jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A couple more weeks may be in order before you call IF the holy grail. Just sayin'

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How do you cycle your calories/carbs? I've been doing IF for 44 days in a row now. I eat a consistent 1850 calories per day, although sometimes I hit around 2k. I've lost 20 pounds and gained a bunch of strength during that time.

I also love the diet. It's so easy to eat during your window and forget about food the rest of the time.

I have noticed that it seems the larger my meals are, the more efficient my body is at processing them. Yesterday, I ate 1250/1800 calories in the 1st 2 hours of my feed window. 3-4 hours later, I was hungry again.

Woke up today, and had lost an astonishing 2.8 pounds over yesterday's weight. And my carbs and sodium intake stayed roughly the same.
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

pk12345 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would perhaps even give this a try, but I just feel terrible when I don't eat something in the morning. While I don't really care about hunger (I really am not hungry that often, and I have to force myself to eat breakfast), I just don't like the idea of this diet.

Also I'm not sure whether it's blood sugar or whatever, but if I don't eat anything in the morning and do some slightly demanding physical activity before I get a meal in me, I get a migraine. I'm not talking "headache", I'm talking serious migraine - it really is painful (this is coming from a guy who had meningo-encephalitis), after it finishes, I will feel a slight pain in my head for the next 4 days, just from stuff like the impact when you fall down after jumping.
    The same thing happens when I eat too much stuff at once, even without any physical activity. Once I had a ton of pasta, about 450g dry weight, and I quickly had a migraine afterwards.

So besides the fact that I feel like **** when I don't eat in the morning, it also makes me more sensitive towards getting a migraine. I'm not sure whether it's a good idea for me. Is there some reasoning why I would perhaps get used to it and be fine?

Doubell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doubell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doubell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doubell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doubell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doubell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doubell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doubell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doubell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doubell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doubell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A lot of your weight when you wake up is just water weight which i presume a lot of it was, to lose a pound of fat you have to have a deficit of 3500, so to lose 2.8 lbs you would have to go at a 9800 calorie deficit in a day...impossible, it was most likely water weight. But i agree IF is a great way if it fits your life style.

Remembering who I am... CorruptSilence's Avatar
    CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50) CorruptSilence will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is one of the few diets I haven't tried yet. And to be honest, they've all worked with great success. The key is simply the longevity. How long can you sustain this diet? (This is a rhetorical question. lol) I am starting a warrior diet myself on Monday. It fits into my life style nicely. Here's to hoping that it is everything everyone says it is. I have no doubt it is just like the others though. So long as you stick to it and don't slide it will get the job done.
    ^^Former 300+lb crew^^
    ^^Current 100+lb Lost crew^^

Started 320 Lbs.
    Goal 185 Lbs.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd say I.F. is the holy grail of dieting if anything.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

DeathSmoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathSmoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathSmoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathSmoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathSmoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathSmoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathSmoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathSmoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathSmoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathSmoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathSmoke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    do you have links to more research?

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DeathSmoke View Post
    do you have links to more research?
    Yes, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Intermittent+Fasting
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm starting IF very soon but should I keep doing my 3-day split (chest, back - legs - arms and shoulders) or switch to something else? I've read Martin Berkhan trains each muscle group once a week.
    What does your workout look like?

Really want some clarification on this.. Couldn't find it on his website.
    Thanks!

drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't intentionally try to follow an IF diet but that is generally how I prefer to eat. When I wake up in the morning I have my coffee with a little bit of sugar free creamer(~25 cals) and that is it for breakfast. Lunch for me is usually after 1pm and dinner is around 6pm. Sometimes I have an afterwork snack at ~5pm than can push dinner back to 7 or 7:30 but I don't really eat after that.

When I force myself to eat in the morning I usually end up hungry all day. I normally don't eat breakfast unless I didn't get much sleep and need some carbs to help get me going. If I feel like I didn't get quite as much protein as I wanted to the day before I might start the day off with some plain greek yogurt flavored with whey protein. Either way I usually end up hungry again in a couple of hours where when I skip breakfast I don't get hungry until lunch.
    04/2010 - 295 Fattest
    11/11/11 - 171.8

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Doubell View Post
    A lot of your weight when you wake up is just water weight which i presume a lot of it was, to lose a pound of fat you have to have a deficit of 3500, so to lose 2.8 lbs you would have to go at a 9800 calorie deficit in a day...impossible, it was most likely water weight. But i agree IF is a great way if it fits your life style.
    Thanks bro, I didn't know that.
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by TelusLob View Post
    How do you cycle your calories/carbs? I've been doing IF for 44 days in a row now. I eat a consistent 1850 calories per day, although sometimes I hit around 2k. I've lost 20 pounds and gained a bunch of strength during that time.

I also love the diet. It's so easy to eat during your window and forget about food the rest of the time.

I have noticed that it seems the larger my meals are, the more efficient my body is at processing them. Yesterday, I ate 1250/1800 calories in the 1st 2 hours of my feed window. 3-4 hours later, I was hungry again.

Woke up today, and had lost an astonishing 2.8 pounds over yesterday's weight. And my carbs and sodium intake stayed roughly the same.
    I keep it high carb throughout the week. On the weekends I don't fast. I eat much more on workout days (over maintainence) and on my off days I eat under maintainence. No matter if I'm fasting or not, this is the protocol I follow

Originally Posted by pk12345 View Post
    I would perhaps even give this a try, but I just feel terrible when I don't eat something in the morning. While I don't really care about hunger (I really am not hungry that often, and I have to force myself to eat breakfast), I just don't like the idea of this diet.

Also I'm not sure whether it's blood sugar or whatever, but if I don't eat anything in the morning and do some slightly demanding physical activity before I get a meal in me, I get a migraine. I'm not talking "headache", I'm talking serious migraine - it really is painful (this is coming from a guy who had meningo-encephalitis), after it finishes, I will feel a slight pain in my head for the next 4 days, just from stuff like the impact when you fall down after jumping.
    The same thing happens when I eat too much stuff at once, even without any physical activity. Once I had a ton of pasta, about 450g dry weight, and I quickly had a migraine afterwards.

So besides the fact that I feel like **** when I don't eat in the morning, it also makes me more sensitive towards getting a migraine. I'm not sure whether it's a good idea for me. Is there some reasoning why I would perhaps get used to it and be fine?
    IF may not be for you. I would suggest speaking to a dr and having him assess you. Perhaps it is something that can be preventable while doing IF.

Originally Posted by Doubell View Post
    It probably was some water, but I am usually pretty dry. I try to drink over a gallon a day and limit sodium (sans cheat days) so water was limited anywho. I do realize that all the weight lost wasn't all fat though.

Originally Posted by CorruptSilence View Post
    This is one of the few diets I haven't tried yet. And to be honest, they've all worked with great success. The key is simply the longevity. How long can you sustain this diet? (This is a rhetorical question. lol) I am starting a warrior diet myself on Monday. It fits into my life style nicely. Here's to hoping that it is everything everyone says it is. I have no doubt it is just like the others though. So long as you stick to it and don't slide it will get the job done.
    The thing with IF is you feel great while doing it! That is what keeps me doing it.

Originally Posted by th3pwn3r View Post
    I'd say I.F. is the holy grail of dieting if anything.
    Your diet is arguably the most important part of weightlifting
    Originally Posted by Hasselbalch View Post
    I'm starting IF very soon but should I keep doing my 3-day split (chest, back - legs - arms and shoulders) or switch to something else? I've read Martin Berkhan trains each muscle group once a week.
    What does your workout look like?

Really want some clarification on this.. Couldn't find it on his website.
    Thanks!
    I have a 4 day split.

1) Push day- bench, military, incline, CGBP
    2) Plyo day- Cleans, ATG jump squats, depth jumps, kettlebell swings
    3) Pull day- DB rows, BB rows, wide grip pullups
    4) Leg day- squats, deads

If you would like some more detail, ask away!
    Red for giving advice ITT: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=666205301#post666205301

Former misc poster, I gave up my trolling ways and ventured into the real forums. I enjoy helping people out, don't discredit me because a large number of people feel the need to neg me due to a difference of opinion on the EC stack.

TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    IF is great but I wouldn't call it the holy grail of anything.

Maybe the holy grail of fasting. :shrug:

Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hasselbalch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the response

So basically work-out routine is however you like? Fullbody, 2-split, 3-split or whatever you want? Tried finding something about this on leangains but couldn't find any. Only that you should lift heavy..

Originally Posted by TheNewestGuy View Post
    IF is great but I wouldn't call it the holy grail of anything.

Maybe the holy grail of fasting. :shrug:
    I've gained significant muscle and strength while losing a significant amount of fat without the use of drugs. In 2 weeks.
    Originally Posted by Hasselbalch View Post
    Thanks for the response

So basically work-out routine is however you like? Fullbody, 2-split, 3-split or whatever you want? Tried finding something about this on leangains but couldn't find any. Only that you should lift heavy..
    Pretty much. You should have a solid routine, although your training is independent from IF. You should lift heavy regardless.

hvn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I understand the fasting idea. but i got one question do you still take like your proteins or pre-workout supplements?

blrhoover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blrhoover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blrhoover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blrhoover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blrhoover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blrhoover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blrhoover has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This looks almost too good to be true... I just wish that I could fast every single day. Unfortunately, I think that I would go insane quickly on this diet .

uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in for info...........

i started IF this week. i noticed the following.....

-more alert during the work day
    -hunger pangs
    -more pronounced pump in the gym
    -fell asleep easier

Originally Posted by thegodjr View Post
    Your diet is arguably the most important part of weightlifting
    Let me simplify what was already easily understood by many. The point of my post was to say that intermittent fasting(I.F.) may in fact be the best way to diet. Not sure what your intentions were in quoting me but hopefully that has added the needed clarity for my post.

uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uforce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i'm also curious if taking slin-sane prior to breaking your daily fast is a good or bad idea.
    i think it would add to IF's effectiveness. but, admittedly, i'm not too versed in the science of it.

Originally Posted by hvn View Post
    I understand the fasting idea. but i got one question do you still take like your proteins or pre-workout supplements?
    I don't personally take preWO's, but that would be fine. Here's what I take:

Orange Triad
    Fish Oil
    Creatine
    Beta-Alanine
    Green Tea Extract
    ZMA

I never personally recommend preWO's because I feel they hinder performance by revving up your heart rate. That is just me though, if you want to take them I don't think that would be a problem, just be aware that they will have a stronger effect on you, so try taking a lower dose first.

Originally Posted by blrhoover View Post
    This looks almost too good to be true... I just wish that I could fast every single day. Unfortunately, I think that I would go insane quickly on this diet .
    I only fast 5 days a week. I find it easy to do because it gives you such a great sense of well-being. You never know until you try!

Originally Posted by uforce View Post
    in for info...........

i started IF this week. i noticed the following.....

-more alert during the work day
    -hunger pangs
    -more pronounced pump in the gym
    -fell asleep easier
    Great brah! Yeah the hunger pangs go away after a few days, I normally only have them for about 15 minutes when I wake up then I'm good for the rest of the day

Let me simplify what was already easily understood by many. The point of my post was to say that intermittent fasting(I.F.) may in fact be the best way to diet. Not sure what your intentions were in quoting me but hopefully that has added the needed clarity for my post.
    Yes, you have cleared it up. I thought you bolded diet trying to be a smart@$$.... my mistake

Originally Posted by uforce View Post
    i'm also curious if taking slin-sane prior to breaking your daily fast is a good or bad idea.
    i think it would add to IF's effectiveness. but, admittedly, i'm not too versed in the science of it.
    I cannot speak to that. Hopefully someone else can help you out with that one

ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ForceFan27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You answered the question about pre's...but what about post? I lift around 7:30 am (nothing to eat before) but take 50g (300 cal) shake after. Do you take a postwo sup?

Originally Posted by ForceFan27 View Post
    You answered the question about pre's...but what about post? I lift around 7:30 am (nothing to eat before) but take 50g (300 cal) shake after. Do you take a postwo sup?
    I prefer to eat whole food, but you could absolutely take your postWO supp

nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's the only way I've been able to cut. Granted, just the FLfN rules would have worked, but IF is the only way I've found to reliably follow them. Of course I found IF at the same time.

sputnikmoments has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always thought the fasting timer started after we stopped eating the previous night. But here you said from the time we woke up. Just confirming, which is correct?

Originally Posted by sputnikmoments View Post
    I always thought the fasting timer started after we stopped eating the previous night. But here you said from the time we woke up. Just confirming, which is correct?
    It starts from the time you stop eating the previous night. Obviously you don't eat while you sleep

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Lightbulb

There is a reason OP is in the deeeeeeeeep red.

Originally Posted by kusok View Post
    There is a reason OP is in the deeeeeeeeep red.
    Yes there is. See my sig.

Are you inferring that my advice is inferior because of internet reps?

EDIT- you neg me and then say this is "bro science." Mind giving an actual argument?

Also, whether or not you think so, this thread is helping people. Isn't that the point of these forums? Your neg doesn't hurt (I'm red anyways), but the fact that you would neg me without any rhyme or reason is a classic example of why the rep system is worthless. I am not some troll that comes on these forums to make fun of people and have a good time, I am here to help people, because it's what I love to do. Go ahead, neg away

Sorry for the rant. Back to the topic at hand: Intermittent Fasting
    Last edited by thegodjr; 04-22-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Perhaps a more science based approach?

http://www.alanaragon.com/an-objecti...t-fasting.html
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831