Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'0", 330 lbs
    ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit ClimbingGiraffe's BodySpace

What's better? What about Smolov?

Would it be better for me to focus on building up my strength then work on losing fat and getting faster? I currently have an extremely high body fat percentage. I've been focusing o doing SS and just getting stronger, not even worrying about putting on more weight, but some of the people I used to work out with keep getting on me and saying I should focus on losing all my excessive body fat, then build strength.

I have extremely high goals for myself. I currently have a known max of 315lbs Squat and a 210lbs Bench. I want to get around a 600lbs Squat and then around a 400lbs Bench. I'll get them and I want to get them in the next 2-3 years. I'm determined to get them in time and I want to do this naturally.

I want to play football again on any level. I figure I should aim damn high though, and I'd like to get there while I'm young enough to play without breaking a hip. To this end, I came across the Smolov Squat Routine and heard that it can generate amazing results for Squat improvement and leg strength.

Is the Smolov cycle something I can do more than once or is it like SS and after you're done with it, nothing will really work as fast? How long should I wait after completing one before starting another?

daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit daveshit's BodySpace
    I wouldn't reccomend doing smolov if you're really fat. Because you will only gain more mass if you do it the right way and eat like there's no tommorow. Because you will be constantly hungry when doing squats 4 times a week.
    Take 2 months with little less volume, do some cardio and lower your calories to lose some fat. Or maybe more, 3 months, even 4. Depends how much fat you need to take down.

Then you might wanna try smolov.

I don't know, it's hard really to say what to do. Maybe you could do one cycle of Smolov and then cut. You can try Smolov Junior now, and then cut.

But there's also another option, because Smolov is pretty advanced program, when you say you did SS and your squat is not very high, I'm sure you could do better with madcow or texas method, maybe westside or 5/3/1 depends what works for you better, doing squats multiple times a week or once a week.
    There you have it, it's up to you to decide what you wanna do. It's hard to give you the right info online and with lack of information.

anthonymychal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You're not strong enough for Smolov, you can make gains a lot easier on other programs before going on such a specialized routine.
    http://evolutionaryathletics.com/blogs/demarco/

Stats: 6'0", 330 lbs
    ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ClimbingGiraffe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit ClimbingGiraffe's BodySpace
    I didn't make it clear before, but I am sticking to SS for at least another reset on Squat before I move on to anything else.

The reason I show interest in doing the Solov routine is because it looks fun and it seems like something to really push me. That and the fact that with the little poking around I did with google search lead me to believe that the people who actually complete the full Smolov cycle are totally happy with the gains and on average gain more than they would on say the Madcow5x5.

I guess I let my desire to do fancier or more extreme training, to feel like I'm cut to be on a higher tier, blind me. It's just hard to say no after hearing people say it's some kind of mental excercise that tests your will more than your muscles, when you feel like will is all you really have. There's also he fact that I like easy to follow workouts. WS4SB still seems to go over my head for some reason and **** like this I can just use my spreadsheet for.

It doesn't matter right this second as I can hopefully take SS a good bit further.

daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) daveshit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit daveshit's BodySpace
    Do you understand that Smolov is advanced program for guys who can't progress with more simple and easier traning? It would be stupid to do Smolov just because you want to challenge yourself and make it harder instead of doing madcow or texas, 5/3/1 and have maybe better gains. You did SS, this is the first thing to do if you want to get your squat up. Second thing is to go on a program that works on weekly progression. Take those 13 weeks of Smolov. I don't know your numbers now, but let's say you have a 100 kgX5 squat. You'd start with 90kgX5, on week 13 you could be on 115kgX5, another cyce after that would bring you even further. When you take advantage of those simple programs the should go on sth like smolov or other russian squat routines. I already told you, if you really want to do smolov, try smolov junior for 3 or spread it to 4 weeks. It's not that hard.