KhaledMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The StrongLifts 5x5 program gain muscle and strength while losing fat !

hi Guys,
    who did try this program? and is that really work?
    I want to do HIIT carido after every workout is that ok? or do HIIT cardio at the morning on an empty stomach is better?

3x/week

Workout A

Squat 5x5
    Bench Press 5x5
    Barbell Rows 5x5

Workout B

Squat 5x5
    Overhead Press 5x5
    Deadlift 1x5

how to do it (I cant post the link)
    The first time you go to the gym you do SL5x5 workout A, the next time you do workout B. Alternate workouts A and B like this every time you go the gym, and always wait at least 48h between 2 workouts for optimal muscle recovery. Most SL Members train Monday/Wednesday/Friday.
    Last edited by KhaledMan; 04-21-2011 at 04:48 PM.

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Most people around here prefer Starting Strength over Stronglifts, but I don't think SL is particularly BAD - you could do much worse. If you're going to HIIT, I'd probably only do it after workout A, as rows will tend to take a lot less out of you than deadlifts will. I definitely would not recommend HIIT early in the morning on an empty stomach - my experience is that this is a great way to render yourself unconscious, and that's never a good training outcome.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

so, Starting Strength for Strength only? or gain muscle and lose fat too?

this is Starting Strength .. right?
    Workout A

Squats: 3 x 5
    Bench Press: 3 x 5
    Deadlift: 1 x 5
    Dips (weighted): 2 x 5-8

Workout B

Press: 3 x 5
    Power Clean: 3 x 5
    Chin-ups: 3 x 8

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KhaledMan View Post
    so, Starting Strength for Strength only? or gain muscle and lose fat too?

this is Starting Strength .. right?
    Workout A

Bench Press: 3 x 5
    Deadlift: 1 x 5
    Dips (weighted): 2 x 5-8

Workout B

Press: 3 x 5
    Power Clean: 3 x 5
    Chin-ups: 3 x 8
    Starting Strength will help you build muscle if you eat. The dips and pull ups are an optional add-in after a few weeks (initially the program is just squat, bench deadlift, press, clean), and the power cleans are 5x3 rather than 3x5.

Overweight people on SS may initially lose fat as they build muscle (newb effect), but that will tend not to last too long. SS isn't a great program for losing fat (and neither is SL) because of the amount of work and rapid progression involved, but it's a good starting point up until you stall.

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) HRodriguez93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Idk about the lifting as I'm new to it, but as for the HIIT don't do it on an empty stomach. That'd be bad :/. After I do HIIT I feel lightheaded and I do it about an hour after a meal. I can't imagine on an empty stomach.

oh ... please I need a GREAT program for losing fat
    hmmm about the hiit cardio at the morning on an empty stomach.. whats the problem with it?
    the HIIT or coz it's at the morning on an empty stomach? so if I did HIIT cardio after workout.. it will be ok? or If I did Cardio not hiit cardio at the morning on an empty stomach it will be ok too? and which works better?

The empty stomach bit is the problem. When you wake up in the morning, you have low blood sugar. AFAIA, the basis of the argument for fasted cardio is you have no sugar in your blood, so your body has to use fat for energy instead. Except in reality, you have no sugar in your blood, so your body uses whatever sugar it has and then crashes as soon as your activity is even a little bit taxing. I don't know how low intensity cardio has to be in the morning for it not to be a problem, but it would almost definitely be more productive to train when your body has fuel to work with.

Regarding the strength component of training, if you just reduce it to 2-3 work sets for the main lifts, and focus on weekly progression once your ability to progress slows down, you'll be fine. The exercises themself are all good.