BrutalEnfilade is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrutalEnfilade is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrutalEnfilade is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrutalEnfilade is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrutalEnfilade is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrutalEnfilade is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrutalEnfilade is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrutalEnfilade is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrutalEnfilade is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrutalEnfilade is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrutalEnfilade is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Is this a good workout for me?

I've been working out off and on for the past couple months but not too much. I have recently decided to get into an actual workout program.

I'm 16 years old, 6'1, and about 165 pounds, so I obviously haven't been doing too much and I just want to but some muscle on me.

I decided to choose the Rippetoe workout with some minor changes to fit my environment (I only have a bench in my room, so I can't do military presses and other things above my head) and I have added some things to use on the weekends.

WORKOUT A
    3x5 Bench Press
    3x5 Leg Press
    1x5 Deadlift
    WORKOUT B
    3x5 Leg Press
    3x5 Sitting Military Press
    3x5 Bench Press
    WORKOUT C
    5x5 Dumbbell Curls
    3x5 Bar Curls
    3x5 Bench Press
    WORKOUT D
    5x5 Pushups
    5x5 Crunches - all sides

Sunday:Off, maybe D
    Monday: A
    Tuesday: Off
    Wednesday: C
    Thursday: Off
    Friday: B
    Saturday: D

I have also decided to restrict my diet to eat healthier and get more carbs and proteins - any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm am also considering getting protein shakes and multis.

So what do you think?

tooothpick will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooothpick will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooothpick will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooothpick will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooothpick will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooothpick will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooothpick will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooothpick will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooothpick will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooothpick will become famous soon enough. (+50) tooothpick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hate to say it, bro, but that routine is worthless.

-> No squats, inferior leg exercise and less frequently
    -> Chest workouts every day
    -> More bicep work than shoulder work?!
    -> Not nearly enough back work
    -> Not useful for progression at all

There's no point even altering it to make it better. Get into a proper gym with the equipment you need and ACTUALLY do Starting Strength (the program you've outlined isn't even close to Rippetoes). As a newbie, you should NOT be designing your own routine, especially since you clearly have no knowledge of what balance is and act like a typical curlbro.

Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uberknee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tooothpick View Post
    Hate to say it, bro, but that routine is worthless.

-> No squats, inferior leg exercise and less frequently
    -> Chest workouts every day
    -> More bicep work than shoulder work?!
    -> Not nearly enough back work
    -> Not useful for progression at all

There's no point even altering it to make it better. Get into a proper gym with the equipment you need and ACTUALLY do Starting Strength (the program you've outlined isn't even close to Rippetoes). As a newbie, you should NOT be designing your own routine, especially since you clearly have no knowledge of what balance is and act like a typical curlbro.
    ^^^