Canesboyy2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulk up and gain wait or stay?

Hey guys, I'm 19 years old and I'm on the shorter side lol. I'm 5'6 and 120 pounds. I think I am in great shape but maybe 10 pounds or so will help me gain muscle easier? So my question is should I concentrate on bulking up and go to about 135 or so or am I good at 120 for now? I mean obviously I'll gain weight by working out with muscle, but I'm just wondering . Thanks guys!

LukeSport16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LukeSport16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LukeSport16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LukeSport16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LukeSport16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LukeSport16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LukeSport16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LukeSport16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LukeSport16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LukeSport16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LukeSport16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    should i neg yu?
    sikk'est ****,
    getting big for dem beaches n gals

nick284 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nick284 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nick284 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nick284 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nick284 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nick284 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nick284 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nick284 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nick284 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nick284 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nick284 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bulk till like 150+

Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cut until you are 75 lbs.

?? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm a beginner just trying to learn a few things. Chill out.

Dedicated+Zealous Actions zepplin92's Avatar
    zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zepplin92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Canesboyy2 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm 19 years old and I'm on the shorter side lol. I'm 5'6 and 120 pounds. I think I am in great shape but maybe 10 pounds or so will help me gain muscle easier? So my question is should I concentrate on bulking up and go to about 135 or so or am I good at 120 for now? I mean obviously I'll gain weight by working out with muscle, but I'm just wondering . Thanks guys!
    Can you elaborate more on what I bolded...I cannot make any sense of it.

IMHO, bulk bro, just BULK.

Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    5'6 - 120lbs is obviously not enough. You should bulk all the way to about 160 before cutting. If not you will be all bones with no muscle.

Okay, thank you. I wAs thinking I needed to, just wondering .

XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dude, check my stats and compare to yours. BULK!

joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000)
    5'6 120

zakjensen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zakjensen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zakjensen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zakjensen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zakjensen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zakjensen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm same height an weight im just over 140.(just cut 10 lbs since January. )
    But yes.
    Bulk for 1 more full month then cut.
    What's your diet look like?
    I'm 16 so it's a little more easier for me to cut so consider your current state your body is in an if YOU feel like you like your weight then continue to cut a little more. Then just do low carb high protein diet for the summer an slowly gain lean mass then when fall comes bulk again.

v7znay will become famous soon enough. (+50) v7znay will become famous soon enough. (+50) v7znay will become famous soon enough. (+50) v7znay will become famous soon enough. (+50) v7znay will become famous soon enough. (+50) v7znay will become famous soon enough. (+50) v7znay will become famous soon enough. (+50) v7znay will become famous soon enough. (+50) v7znay will become famous soon enough. (+50) v7znay will become famous soon enough. (+50) v7znay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I started like you, def bulk until 150-160 maybe even more.

bravesrule1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bravesrule1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bravesrule1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bravesrule1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bravesrule1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bravesrule1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bravesrule1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bravesrule1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bravesrule1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bravesrule1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bravesrule1 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by zakjensen View Post
    I'm same height an weight im just over 140.(just cut 10 lbs since January. )
    But yes.
    Bulk for 1 more full month then cut.
    What's your diet look like?
    I'm 16 so it's a little more easier for me to cut so consider your current state your body is in an if YOU feel like you like your weight then continue to cut a little more. Then just do low carb high protein diet for the summer an slowly gain lean mass then when fall comes bulk again.
    lolwut?

Okay thanks for the input guys. When I say bulk or don't bulk, I don't mean bulk or cut lol. But yeah I'll bulk for another month or 2 and see where that gets me .

dedication1337 is not very well liked. (-100) dedication1337 is not very well liked. (-100) dedication1337 is not very well liked. (-100) dedication1337 is not very well liked. (-100) dedication1337 is not very well liked. (-100) dedication1337 is not very well liked. (-100) dedication1337 is not very well liked. (-100) dedication1337 is not very well liked. (-100) dedication1337 is not very well liked. (-100) dedication1337 is not very well liked. (-100) dedication1337 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by XtremeBoss View Post
    Stats: 5'7", 132 lbs

wut?

ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItsMrGreen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bulk up
    ~Milk is for babies.....Beer is for men.

Our Arnold, whose arms are heavy,
    Vascular be thy veins
    Nine sets of lunges,ten reps be done,
    To add girth as it is to strengthen.
    Give us this day our daily protein,and forgive us our fats,
    As we forgive those who eat fat too.
    And lead us not into overtraining,nor deliver us pizzas,
    For thou art the king of the dumbell,the power clean,and the steroids forever,
    Amen.

~Tears will get you sympathy, sweat will get you results.

Registered User TheSkiingLifter's Avatar
    TheSkiingLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSkiingLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSkiingLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSkiingLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSkiingLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSkiingLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSkiingLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSkiingLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSkiingLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSkiingLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSkiingLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol bro, we can't say anything. Your 12 lbs more than him and I'm only like what 19 lbs more than him? Don't tell him to bulk if you hardly weigh more than him... lol

You weight 132 , and are 5'7. You are like 10 pounds more than me, but you are also an inch taller .

XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10) XtremeBoss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Canesboyy2 View Post
    You weight 132 , and are 5'7. You are like 10 pounds more than me, but you are also an inch taller .
    I meant I was 15 and he is 19 and he has worse stats then me and I'm skinny and he is asking to stay on the same weight? Ofc I'm saying that he should bulk. One inch is not a big difference.

JohnstonJ19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnstonJ19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnstonJ19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnstonJ19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnstonJ19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnstonJ19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnstonJ19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnstonJ19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnstonJ19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnstonJ19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnstonJ19 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    how come ever time I look at teen bodybuilding's main page theres like 6 or so threads that never move and always stay at the top, are they like extra important or something?
    feck

musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500) musclefreak69 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by JohnstonJ19 View Post
    how come ever time I look at teen bodybuilding's main page theres like 6 or so threads that never move and always stay at the top, are they like extra important or something?
    stickys
    # Good Musical Taste Crew

***Anti-Broscientist Crew***
    **Never Ever getting a vasectomy crew**

I meant I was 15 and he is 19 and he has worse stats then me and I'm skinny and he is asking to stay on the same weight? Ofc I'm saying that he should bulk. One inch is not a big difference.

That's because I'm short for 19, I know that. And I wasn't even concerned or into working out until recently .

physcosnipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) physcosnipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) physcosnipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) physcosnipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) physcosnipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) physcosnipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) physcosnipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) physcosnipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) physcosnipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) physcosnipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol im 16 5'6 and 162 umad?

Registered User L1ghtwe1ghtbaby's Avatar
    L1ghtwe1ghtbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L1ghtwe1ghtbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L1ghtwe1ghtbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L1ghtwe1ghtbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L1ghtwe1ghtbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L1ghtwe1ghtbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L1ghtwe1ghtbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L1ghtwe1ghtbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L1ghtwe1ghtbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L1ghtwe1ghtbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) L1ghtwe1ghtbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by physcosnipe View Post
    lol im 16 5'6 and 162 umad?
    lol im 16 5'5 and 170 umad?

I ain't mad at all I like my height, I'd rather be more muscular that's why I'm working out lol

GetJack3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetJack3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetJack3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetJack3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetJack3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetJack3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetJack3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetJack3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetJack3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetJack3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) GetJack3d will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First of all if you spend any amount of time at all on this site you'll realize that in virtually any thread "Bulk or Cut?" the reply is BULK BULK BULK! People are obsessed with bulking and most of them are 15%+ body fat and it looks bad.

5'6" 160 is what you're all suggesting? I haven't got on to post for awhile but it's moronic all the things you guys suggest. Do you know how ****ing thick that looks? Don't go that heavy, good lord. Every time people suggest this kind of thing to people that start to work out in the beginning they go and eat an extreme amount and post "My transformation" a few months later and it looks like they went from a normal, somewhat skinny person to a bear ready for hibernation.

Don't listen to them. You can be really muscular at 5'6" at 140lb if you maintain a low body fat percentage, and that should be your goal. The key to success is being patient and working hard for a long time, muscle doesn't just appear magically and if you try to do it too fast (eating too much) it's turned to fat. Don't bulk dirty, eat at 300-500 calories above maintenence and put in hard work in the gym. Attempt to stay at the same body fat % while gaining muscle, and sure as hell don't aim for 160. Of that 40 pounds you'd attempt to gain, half of them would be fat and you would look horrible at 160.

Short story: People love to be thick as **** on this site, don't bulk up that much. While bulking is necessary to look good, get another 15lbs of muscle to start with and try not to get fat.

Originally Posted by GetJack3d View Post
    First of all if you spend any amount of time at all on this site you'll realize that in virtually any thread "Bulk or Cut?" the reply is BULK BULK BULK! People are obsessed with bulking and most of them are 15%+ body fat and it looks bad.

5'6" 160 is what you're all suggesting? I haven't got on to post for awhile but it's moronic all the things you guys suggest. Do you know how ****ing thick that looks? Don't go that heavy, good lord. Every time people suggest this kind of thing to people that start to work out in the beginning they go and eat an extreme amount and post "My transformation" a few months later and it looks like they went from a normal, somewhat skinny person to a bear ready for hibernation.

Don't listen to them. You can be really muscular at 5'6" at 140lb if you maintain a low body fat percentage, and that should be your goal. The key to success is being patient and working hard for a long time, muscle doesn't just appear magically and if you try to do it too fast (eating too much) it's turned to fat. Don't bulk dirty, eat at 300-500 calories above maintenence and put in hard work in the gym. Attempt to stay at the same body fat % while gaining muscle, and sure as hell don't aim for 160. Of that 40 pounds you'd attempt to gain, half of them would be fat and you would look horrible at 160.

Short story: People love to be thick as **** on this site, don't bulk up that much. While bulking is necessary to look good, get another 15lbs of muscle to start with and try not to get fat.
    Aha! Thank you! This was the answer I was expecting! I think 160 for a 5'6 person is too much. I was thinking 20 pounds would be good at set me up at 140.