lazylizzy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long will it take for me to get abs?

I'm female, 18, and I have a flat stomach, but no visible abs

my bf% is currently 17%

How long should it take if i do the following

jog a mile a day or do 20 minutes on an exercise bike
    10 mines of ab exercises on a stability ball
    5 minutes of floor ab exercises
    5 minutes of standing ab exercises
    10 minutes of moderate weight lifting
    and i always sit on an exercise ball rather than a chair

I know it's not much but it's all i have time for at the moment. How long do you think it will take, and what can i change, without increasing the time i exercise for, to improve my workout and speed things up?

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not a fan your goal but:
    less ab work,
    more heavy lifting. 10 minutes is not enough. 10 minutes is my rest break before a last heavy set.

but ask this in the general Female Bodybuilding section or the Fat Loss section.. you'll get some good responses in there also.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lazylizzy View Post
    I'm female, 18, and I have a flat stomach, but no visible abs

my bf% is currently 17%

How long should it take if i do the following

jog a mile a day or do 20 minutes on an exercise bike
    10 mines of ab exercises on a stability ball
    5 minutes of floor ab exercises
    5 minutes of standing ab exercises
    10 minutes of moderate weight lifting
    and i always sit on an exercise ball rather than a chair

I know it's not much but it's all i have time for at the moment. How long do you think it will take, and what can i change, without increasing the time i exercise for, to improve my workout and speed things up?
    You are 5'5" and 109 pounds, you are going backwards and need to bulk. If you don't have the muscle base to show abs, even with a low BF you won't see much at all.

I actually see more abs now that I finished a bulk and have slightly more fat mass (but more muscle mass, too, which is where the big difference comes in) than before my bulk. I can see a 4-pack when I flex and the shadow of the line of where the 6 will be. Before my bulk I had a shadow of a 2-pack with less fat on me.

Eat above maintenance (yes, likely well above 2000 cals/day) and lift heavy.
    Gym PRs:
    SQ: 360 x 1, BP: 165 x 1, DL: 330 x 2, OHP: 110 x 2

Best meet lifts (raw w/wraps):
    SQ: 365, BP: 155, DL: 350, Elite total of 870 @165

Closest thing to a log, but better cause it's vids! = www.youtube.com/user/birdiefu

BrofessorDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrofessorDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrofessorDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrofessorDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrofessorDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrofessorDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrofessorDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrofessorDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrofessorDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrofessorDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrofessorDrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just to add to what's already been said, squats, deadlifts, and olympic lifts (explosive stuff, clean/press, jerk, etc) activate core muscles like crazy. Squats also target glutes very well as an added side benefit. At your weight, you may have to add muscle to get visible abs, and what the above posters recommended is accurate. That being said, having visible abs is more a function of lower bodyfat % than it is having more ab muscle (usually).

Do ease up on the ab exercises, you can't spot reduce fat, and overtraining them with insanely high reps/time and low weight/resistance won't build larger muscles there.

Last but not least, please don't do your lifting on a ball. And don't be afraid to lift heavy, just maintain good technique. You'll get there!

DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    my browser must be broken ?

lemme try and restart firefox

in all seriousness... if you're floating around 17% without abs you're not gonna see them no matter how low you go, eat some more while doing a good core routine, then cut again.
    -= 08-18-2009 Never Forget =-

Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157444353

But who was signature?

Misc Fire Team 2: 1stindoor; Johnnybomb; DonMegaR; NotMeAgain; TheSheepDog; girlygirl; sickdevildog1; MIH-XTC; awds; Sable Strenua; The Big E; prop42

seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    op just needs to get one of these:

A million miles away - I don't.. feel.... anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGZu4yxjW0

ZipYvonne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    THAT is the BEST idea I've seen for abs yet.
    Last edited by ZipYvonne; 06-30-2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: typo

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by seanb1979 View Post
    op just needs to get one of these:

Oh my, that is hilarious!
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.