Dean92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

benifits of high carbs on training days and low carbs on off days?

i have recently been doing IF and in the advanced nutrition section about IF everybody is doing high carbs low fats on training days and low carbs high fat on off days (protein same all days)

i was just wondering whats the pro and cons of this? is the only benifit more energy on training days?

also i read on a sticky by Emma that fats are important and you need them but on the off days they are only consuming about 40-50g when they weigh like 180lbs+ so how come that doesnt come into the equation on low fat days?

Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Carbs are eaten post workout to ensure proper recovery and muscle/strength gains. Fat is intake is cut on lifting days to minimize fat gains, and carbs are cut for the same reason on off days.

Once you have a diet down, don't look at it from a daily perspective - average out what you consume in a week or so. From that perspective you should be consuming adequate amounts of carbs and fats.

Tank.. Tank.. TAAAANK. WannaBeATank's Avatar
    WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Paul-T View Post
    Carbs are eaten post workout to ensure proper recovery and muscle/strength gains. Fat is intake is cut on lifting days to minimize fat gains, and carbs are cut for the same reason on off days.

Once you have a diet down, don't look at it from a daily perspective - average out what you consume in a week or so. From that perspective you should be consuming adequate amounts of carbs and fats.
    No. Fat doesn't make you fat. Carbs do not make you fat.
    Look me in the eye. It's okay if you are scared, so am I, but we are scared for different reasons. I am scared of what I willn't become, you are scared of what I could become. Look at me! I will not let myself end where I started, I will not let myself finish where I begin. I know what is within me, even if you can't see it yet. Look me in the eyes, I have something more important than courage, I have patience. I will become what I know I am.

Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paul-T will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WannaBeATank View Post
    According to Lyle McDonald in The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook, “when you eat more carbohydrates, your body uses less fat for energy; when you eat less carbohydrates, your body uses more fat for energy.” The reason the macronutrient ratios change is to take advantage of how carbs and fat are are used differently in the body.

Does changing the macronutrient ratios have any benefit over counting calories alone? Perhaps, perhaps not. It not relevant to the question at hand. Then there is the matter of minimizing fat gain in general regardless of caloric intake. Energy consumed must go somewhere in the body, but it won't necessarily go to fat (again, irrelevant)

Tank.. Tank.. TAAAANK. WannaBeATank's Avatar
    WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    According to Lyle McDonald in The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook, “when you eat more carbohydrates, your body uses less fat for energy; when you eat less carbohydrates, your body uses more fat for energy.” The reason the macronutrient ratios change is to take advantage of how carbs and fat are are used differently in the body.

Does changing the macronutrient ratios have any benefit over counting calories alone? Perhaps, perhaps not. It is irrelevant to answering the topic creator's question. Then there is the matter of minimizing fat gain in general regardless of caloric intake. Energy consumed must go somewhere in the body, but it won't necessarily go to fat (again, irrelevant)
    Eh, yeah. I see what you mean.
    Look me in the eye. It's okay if you are scared, so am I, but we are scared for different reasons. I am scared of what I willn't become, you are scared of what I could become. Look at me! I will not let myself end where I started, I will not let myself finish where I begin. I know what is within me, even if you can't see it yet. Look me in the eyes, I have something more important than courage, I have patience. I will become what I know I am.

Dean92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so for fatloss its ideal to less carbs on off days with more fats and on weight training days consume more carbs with less fats?

at this moment i consume about 1800 calories... i am for 58g minimum usually get in 60, then consume minimum 155g protein usually get 160ish and then rest as carbs
    what would you recommend i lower my fats to on training days? and what to raise fat by on off days?

cheers

hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by WannaBeATank View Post
    when you have a surplus of calories in your diet on any given day, the calories not used will be shuttled to make fat or be stored as fat. Carbs, on training days can be drawn into the muscle for repair and used as energy. If they are not and all glycogen is full in the liver ans muscles, the carbs will be the first ones to be converted and stored as fat. If you have a deficit on training days as well you dont have to worry about storage or conversion to fat. You might have less ability to recover though. Personally I feel that you don't really need all that many carbs after a workout for recovery.

hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I would clarify that fat intake is cut because there is a surplus- mostly due to adding more carbs for energy of workouts and/or recovery. The surplus part is important to mention because if you had a deficit the fat would not be stored. There is a surplus to offset the deficit on rest days so the body doesn't think you are starving it and conserve fat all the time.