manboobs and love handles nomasgordo's Avatar
    nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomasgordo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

how many days off between squat workouts?

does anyone do squats more than once a week? or another way to ask what im trying to find out is, how soon is it ok to do them AFTER any noticeable soreness subsides? I did em last thursday, and today (sunday) im still a little sore. But I want to get another session in early enough that I wont be sore next weekend cause im going skiing.
    Is that a weight loss plateau or is it your hidden box of cookies you break into when no one is looking?! :)
    ---

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    well, the trick is...the more often you do them, the less sore youll get

seems backwards but its true...the body will adapt

if you do one squat workout then lay around all week you will stay sore forever

I found this out with bench cuz Iused to do 1x per week and Id be sore for like 5 days. I always saw these 3x per week bench routines and id just scratch my head...I didnt understand how ANYONE could bench 3x per week.

well finally I tried a 3x per week bench routine and guess what...after the first week i wasnt sore at all, lol
    "Humility comes before honor"

Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bmburton34 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would throw in some free weight squats twice a week with some solid sets and reps..Always squat real deep, the deeper the better. So if your lifting 4 days a week squat on like tuesday and then friday.. Vary your other leg exercises on monday and thursday. Also do some free weight sissy squats just to strengthin your legs on off days
    MAX FITS CREW

jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Widowmaker's 2-3x's a week.

If you don 20 rep widowmaker squats, just one set, 2 times a week you won't get sore anymore. Your legs will feel "hot", but you won't be sore. I only do them 2x's a week because they kick my a**. (That's why not many people do them!)

If you're really motivated you could do them 3 times a week, but they are really brutal!

From Fat As* To Bad As* magnumfreak's Avatar
    magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do HST which has you doing them 3 times a week. Really started seeing growth in the legs since doing it this way.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nomasgordo View Post
    how many days off between squat workouts?.
    As many as you want . I think you'll find that people here do them 1,2 & 3 times per week.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Roughly once every 2 weeks. Hacks and presses fill-in the other leg workouts.

bigluke39 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I do them once every 6 days! It consist of two warm up sets, then 3 heavy sets to complete failure. I have done this type of workout for most of my adult life, and it works good for me.

yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000)

Squat Frequency

I do them once per week with dead lifts. Then run/bike 1-3 times/week in good weather. I actually like to run the 2nd day after squats to "flush" my legs. Seems to work OK for me.
    Lion or Sheep. It's your Choice.
    Life is short but it is W I D E.
    Life draws without an eraser.

bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassdreamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by yellowrv View Post
    I do them once per week with dead lifts. Then run/bike 1-3 times/week in good weather. I actually like to run the 2nd day after squats to "flush" my legs. Seems to work OK for me.
    That is what I do also. Seems the older I get, the more recovery time I need.

With that said, I think it also depends on the number of reps/sets you do. I don't think anyone would advocate 5 or 6 heavy sets followed by 5 or 6 heavy sets again in 2 days. I think that might lead to over training, but if you did some heavy days followed by some lighter set days a few days later, you might see some good benefits...hmm maybe I should try it.
    'Nil Illegitime Carborundum'

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    squat...two days rest...squat again
    for me that is perfect as 2 days is plenty of time to recoup and squating consistently every third day gives me practice that i need to get good (or at least better)!
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24

Finding my Potential empresscat's Avatar
    empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do them 2-3 times a week and have found that my recovery time is down to about 48 hours. I'm not going to failure, but staying just under it... making good gains, but then - I'm still a newbie.