johnnie1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anterior pelvic tilt (APT) / lordosis

Hi all!

I am haunted by a nasty combination of APT / Lordosis and distended gut. Since I feel these two are closely related (the excessive curvature of the back pushing the abdominals apart), I'm thinking of attacking them both at the same time. For the gut distension, I am doing daily stomach vacuums in addition to my normal abs routine (twice a week focus on straight, twice a week focus on oblique), which I think might be enough in itself to at least mitigate the distended abs.

The APT however, will be more of an issue. I have read that to tackle APT, I will need to focus on stretching the erector spinae, hip flexor and adductors. I know the glutes are also a factor, but these are already rather strong and firm from distance running (half marathons) and regularly hitting the elliptical.

I think this leaves me with stretching the adductors, erector spinae and hip flexor, which brings me to my question: which are the best adductor, erector spinae and hip flexor stretches that have netted you guys the most results when it comes to correcting an anterior pelvic tilt?
    Last edited by johnnie1983; 04-19-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Chispis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chispis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chispis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chispis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chispis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chispis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chispis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chispis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chispis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chispis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chispis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Current Lifts

B:150x5
    S:185x5
    D:225x5

johnnie1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh wow! Thanks!!