isimonz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation USN 100% Whey Protein

Hi, I recently bought the USN 100% Whey protein. The protein shake tastes less thick than the other protein shakes that I have tried e.g Phd protein shake. I was wondering what is causing the shake to be less thick and is it better or worse?

PS: I mix water in both protein shake brands

Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandoncyruss has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by isimonz View Post
    Hi, I recently bought the USN 100% Whey protein. The protein shake tastes less thick than the other protein shakes that I have tried e.g Phd protein shake. I was wondering what is causing the shake to be less thick and is it better or worse?

Well uhhh.... its a different protein? lol....

well i tried 2 other shakes other than Phd and they all taste thick

Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    they all taste thick
    What does thick taste like?

Did they all smell like blue?

when I say thick I mean like milkshake thick

The USN protein shake tastes is thin like water

Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shermanatorx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    when I say thick I mean like milkshake thick

The USN protein shake tastes is thin like water
    I know what you meant, I was just giving you a hard time.

xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsizo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    maybe because its cheaper, i know what you are talking about though...

phd, i guess, has alot of carbohydrates in it which plays a key role in making it thick and tastes more like a chocolate milk.

to be honest they both suck at tastes, and I am still on my quest for the best tasting whey in the UK
    Last edited by xsizo; 04-19-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Originally Posted by xsizo View Post

phd, i guess, has alot of carbohydrates in it which plays a key role in making it think and tastes more like a chocolate milk.

to be honest they both suck at tastes, and I am still on my quest for the best tasking whey in the UK
    oh thanks

Eat Sleep Lift and Poop Killshot1's Avatar
    Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Killshot1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

dont know about USN at all. but the first reason why a shake would be thinner or thicker, in water so to say, is due to the type of protein being used. a whey hydrosolate would be thinnest, while a casein protein would be thickest. from thinnest to thickest common proteins.. hydro., isolate, concentrate, calcium/sodium caseinate, micellar casein
    Engineering Master Race

humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by xsizo View Post

phd, i guess, has alot of carbohydrates in it which plays a key role in making it think and tastes more like a chocolate milk.

to be honest they both suck at tastes, and I am still on my quest for the best tasking whey in the UK
    Have you tried bodybuilding warehouse before?

BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Phd protein contains xanthan gum which helps thicken it..buy xanthan gum/guar gum and add it to your shakes
    Lit-Up Review- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130660523

Originally Posted by BrewCity24 View Post
    Phd protein contains xanthan gum which helps thicken it..buy xanthan gum/guar gum and add it to your shakes
    Is it better to have it thick or thin ?

humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    it dont really matter you want a thicker one add less liquid.

BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrewCity24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What kind of question is that, its up to you whether you like thick or thin shakes?

Im asking that is because it feels more filling when i have a ticker shake so therefore shouldnt it means it has more protein etc in it ?

..no

crafty100 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crafty100 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crafty100 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crafty100 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crafty100 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crafty100 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crafty100 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crafty100 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crafty100 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crafty100 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crafty100 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The consistency is entirely upto you, which you prefer.

If you want thicker shakes then I would suggest Myofusion or a blend like Sci-MX GRS-5 protein, if you want thinner shakes then just get straight whey. BBW own brand is very nice in choc cookie and banoffee or Reflex Instant whey. Boditronics express whey is relatively thick too.

Hope this helps

Thanks