jdubbaneh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdubbaneh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdubbaneh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdubbaneh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdubbaneh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdubbaneh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdubbaneh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdubbaneh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdubbaneh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdubbaneh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jdubbaneh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

OPINIONS for 18 year old PERSONAL TRAINER

So I'm in college and I'm getting my degree in Finance but I love sports, training and stuff like that.

I was wondering If my main objective were to train people as a side job and for fun what certification should I get? There is one my gym is offering at a discounted rate called an NSPA certfication. (nspainc.com) I've heard alot about NASM and ISSA though...

Also if I wanted to go into the field of training professional athletes and stuff like that would i have to major in that or can personal trainer certifications suffice?

Thanks.

Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jdubbaneh View Post
    So I'm in college and I'm getting my degree in Finance but I love sports, training and stuff like that.

I was wondering If my main objective were to train people as a side job and for fun what certification should I get? There is one my gym is offering at a discounted rate called an NSPA certfication. (nspainc.com) I've heard alot about NASM and ISSA though...

Also if I wanted to go into the field of training professional athletes and stuff like that would i have to major in that or can personal trainer certifications suffice?

Thanks.
    If you only wanted to train at that gym and they accept it go for it... However if you wanted to have a certification accepted at any gym go with NASM or ACSM, also ACE and ISSA are fine.

I would not get your heart set on training professional athletes lol but you would most likely need to have very credentials to do that. Prob masters in exercise science with a NSCA certification. But yeah would not plan on that working out ha