chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Squat form check

How is my squat form?

I'm worried my ass sticks out too much as I descend.
    The motion is unnatural for me because I'm tall and inflexible.
    It takes a pretty wide stance to get decent ROM.
    Last edited by chronicinjury; 11-21-2014 at 11:21 PM.

HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can't see **** captain, try making your video public or upload it again.
    Workout Journal, Currently back to Fierce 5 Novice: http://tinyurl.com/qgwrlkg

Nursing a hip injury back to health

"Don't give up, don't ever give up" - Jimmy V

chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10) chronicinjury is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by HunterMC6 View Post
    Can't see **** captain, try making your video public or upload it again.
    Sorry, should be fixed now.

HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How tall are you? Normally height wouldn't make a difference but I have seen a few people who are 6'5"+ and their squat just always looks "unnatural" maybe because of long torso/quads? Mostly work on mobility, you are too high on your reps but you have already established that. Your form isn't that bad you look like you hold your back tight, chest up etc. Try to work out your mobility blocks and I think everything will gradually become better.

Originally Posted by HunterMC6 View Post
    How tall are you? Normally height wouldn't make a difference but I have seen a few people who are 6'5"+ and their squat just always looks "unnatural" maybe because of long torso/quads? Mostly work on mobility, you are too high on your reps but you have already established that. Your form isn't that bad you look like you hold your back tight, chest up etc. Try to work out your mobility blocks and I think everything will gradually become better.
    I'm 6'3". People say my form looks OK, but I get upper and lower back pain whenever I squat 200+lbs.
    Maybe the lower back pain is due to exaggerated lumbar curve?

Originally Posted by chronicinjury View Post
    I'm 6'3". People say my form looks OK, but I get upper and lower back pain whenever I squat 200+lbs.
    Maybe the lower back pain is due to exaggerated lumbar curve?
    Lower back pain for sure could be that over extended lumbar spine. I heard something along the lines of, once you break the hips on a low bar squat and you get about a 1/4 of the way through the rep your back angle should remain relatively the same until you finish the rep. You do have a tendency to over extended when you come out of the hole which could be a huge part of your lower back pain. Upper back pain is a little tougher to diagnose on the squat but you might have rolled shoulders (kyphosis).