livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Squat Motivation

Just curious what everyone does to get motivated to do squats?
    Thanks
    I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Gives Me Strength
    Phillipians 4:13

Platinum Account User BoomPowSurprise's Avatar
    BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoomPowSurprise is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    my dad used to squat and I kept hearing that it was a sick exercise,
    hit the rack, started with just the bar, and kept moving up, determination to do more is my motivation
    *6'0" crew*
    *moveable sound crew*
    *always pick 3 crew*
    *perestroika cigeretka in mouth crew*
    *bmw crew*
    *downhill mountain biking crew*
    *briefcase full of money crew*
    *smash your girl in some Adidas flip flops crew*

Samskwatch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Who wants chicken legs?

Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Andershocknic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i Watch the vid of Tom Platz squatting 500lbs for 23 reps. tends to motivate me a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjtVvYk1HWw
    gofundme.com/jz47xw

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Compare any other exercise to squats, and they're worlds apart.
    I don't need to know all of the advantages to doing squats, all I need to know is that based on the way they feel, there's lot of adaptation going on and it's a lot more than just my quads growing.

Asking why I do squats is like asking why I workout, because I want to be stronger and more capable. As soon as I agree to the idea that exercise is good for me, I've already inherently agreed to doing squats as often as I am able.
    A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or dies.

livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10) livetoliftsd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks everybody for the responses!

Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Samskwatch View Post
    Who wants chicken legs?
    like half the people in my gym... only one squat rack...

Honestly though... I wish I had a spotter or a partner on squatting days... cause I can lift a lot more than I feel comfortable doing... but I still dont have the greatest form(knee's shift when coming out of the hole)

Squats always scare me, to have the weight all on my shoulders, no pad, no frills... ass to the grass... it sucks, no other words to describe it...

When my set is done, i'm sweating, probably a drip in my eye, huffing and puffing... but thats what you need to do... if you want your body to produce GH, thats the best way to build mass is through the Squat... you must burden your body with the weight you intend to gain.

randyyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randyyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randyyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randyyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randyyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randyyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randyyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randyyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randyyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randyyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randyyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Samskwatch View Post
    Who wants chicken legs?
    I always thought chicken legs as calves :S
    Twitch: twitch.tv/kingbigtv

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/k1Ngb1G

Fierce 5 journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174969351&p=1524760461&viewfull=1#post1524760461

Lifts / Weight:

Squat / 157.5kgx1
    Bench / 105kgx1
    Deadlift / 170kgx1

cawkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) cawkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) cawkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) cawkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) cawkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) cawkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) cawkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) cawkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) cawkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) cawkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) cawkman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    because i like to have legs.
    *MISC EMPIRE CREW*

Originally Posted by Newbiewar View Post
    like half the people in my gym... only one squat rack...

Honestly though... I wish I had a spotter or a partner on squatting days... cause I can lift a lot more than I feel comfortable doing... but I still dont have the greatest form(knee's shift when coming out of the hole)

Squats always scare me, to have the weight all on my shoulders, no pad, no frills... ass to the grass... it sucks, no other words to describe it...

When my set is done, i'm sweating, probably a drip in my eye, huffing and puffing... but thats what you need to do... if you want your body to produce GH, thats the best way to build mass is through the Squat... you must burden your body with the weight you intend to gain.
    You meantioned you dont have the greatest form and that your knees shift. do they go in which your pusing up? cause i have that happen too and was curious how to stop it.

n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0t0riouS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, I'm beginning to enjoy the feeling of weight training (takes a while give it time).
    Squats are one of the best ways to train with weights.
    Therefore, I enjoy the feeling of squatting. No need for motivation.
    I like to squat.

Registered User Powerbuilding75's Avatar
    Powerbuilding75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Powerbuilding75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Powerbuilding75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Powerbuilding75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Powerbuilding75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Powerbuilding75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Powerbuilding75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Powerbuilding75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Powerbuilding75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Powerbuilding75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Powerbuilding75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by livetoliftsd View Post
    You meantioned you dont have the greatest form and that your knees shift. do they go in which your pusing up? cause i have that happen too and was curious how to stop it.
    my knees shift from right to left, such that my right leg ends up directly under my body, or there about... Its not as extreme as i make it sound, but.. i still dont like it...

well... typically they say using your hips concentrate on keeping your knees as wide as possible while you going up...

I've learned that one leg squats actually do more to improve groin and hip-flexor strength than two-legged squats... also this has less stress on your knees too while you improve your form...

iliftpesos is just really nice. (+1000) iliftpesos is just really nice. (+1000) iliftpesos is just really nice. (+1000) iliftpesos is just really nice. (+1000) iliftpesos is just really nice. (+1000) iliftpesos is just really nice. (+1000) iliftpesos is just really nice. (+1000) iliftpesos is just really nice. (+1000) iliftpesos is just really nice. (+1000) iliftpesos is just really nice. (+1000) iliftpesos is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think 'fuk 99% of the world that doesn't train legs because I am about to get beastmode and develop quads the size of treetrunks' (semi srs)

For real tho just man up and do the damn thing. Do you want to better yourself? It shouldn't even be a question. Man up.
    In our field, we have to be undefeated .. or else we die. The Legion of Good Samaritans ~Fitted Hat Crew~ -Misc Big Arms Crew- "Who were your role models in your early childhood?" "Role Models you say? I say Zeus, Apollo, the gods and now I too am a god!" <<<***Boston misc crew***>>>

*** Zyzz on Mt. Olympus 8.8.11 ***