Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'10", 182 lbs
    livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit livetoliftsd's BodySpace

Squat Motivation

Just curious what everyone does to get motivated to do squats?
    Thanks
    I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Gives Me Strength
    Phillipians 4:13

Platinum Account User BoomPowSurprise's Avatar
    Stats: 6'1", 190 lbs
    BoomPowSurprise has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BoomPowSurprise has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BoomPowSurprise has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BoomPowSurprise has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BoomPowSurprise has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BoomPowSurprise has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BoomPowSurprise has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BoomPowSurprise has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BoomPowSurprise has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BoomPowSurprise has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BoomPowSurprise has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit BoomPowSurprise's BodySpace
    my dad used to squat and I kept hearing that it was a sick exercise,
    hit the rack, started with just the bar, and kept moving up, determination to do more is my motivation
    first it starts off with sound that can be moved, and next shes looking to see if you have some light that can reflect. i've dealt with girls like this before. best to stay away

*fap with my feet crew*
    *moveable audio crew*
    *wood sacrifice legs to lose virginity crew*

Stats: 6'1", 243 lbs
    Samskwatch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit Samskwatch's BodySpace
    Who wants chicken legs?

Stats: 6'0", 220 lbs
    BodyPoints: 5444
    Andershocknic is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Andershocknic is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Andershocknic is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Andershocknic is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Andershocknic is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Andershocknic is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Andershocknic is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Andershocknic is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Andershocknic is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Andershocknic is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Andershocknic is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit Andershocknic's BodySpace
    i Watch the vid of Tom Platz squatting 500lbs for 23 reps. tends to motivate me a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjtVvYk1HWw
    I hate steroids and most supplemets..stick to the basics and train hard.

Adapt and Overcome

?Greatness lies not in being strong but in the right using of strength, and strength is not used rightly when it only serves to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own."

Strength does not come through winning. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.

Stats: 5'7", 169 lbs
    WarWithWeakness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WarWithWeakness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WarWithWeakness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WarWithWeakness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WarWithWeakness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WarWithWeakness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WarWithWeakness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WarWithWeakness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WarWithWeakness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WarWithWeakness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WarWithWeakness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit WarWithWeakness's BodySpace
    Compare any other exercise to squats, and they're worlds apart.
    I don't need to know all of the advantages to doing squats, all I need to know is that based on the way they feel, there's lot of adaptation going on and it's a lot more than just my quads growing.

Asking why I do squats is like asking why I workout, because I want to be stronger and more capable. As soon as I agree to the idea that exercise is good for me, I've already inherently agreed to doing squats as often as I am able.
    A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or dies.

livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) livetoliftsd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks everybody for the responses!

Stats: 5'9", 185 lbs
    Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit Newbiewar's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Samskwatch View Post
    Who wants chicken legs?
    like half the people in my gym... only one squat rack...

Honestly though... I wish I had a spotter or a partner on squatting days... cause I can lift a lot more than I feel comfortable doing... but I still dont have the greatest form(knee's shift when coming out of the hole)

Squats always scare me, to have the weight all on my shoulders, no pad, no frills... ass to the grass... it sucks, no other words to describe it...

When my set is done, i'm sweating, probably a drip in my eye, huffing and puffing... but thats what you need to do... if you want your body to produce GH, thats the best way to build mass is through the Squat... you must burden your body with the weight you intend to gain.

Stats: 5'9", 194 lbs
    randyyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) randyyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) randyyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) randyyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) randyyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) randyyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) randyyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) randyyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) randyyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) randyyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) randyyle has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit randyyle's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Samskwatch View Post
    Who wants chicken legs?
    I always thought chicken legs as calves :S
    Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/k1Ngb1G

Journal - Kelei's Routine - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147480183

Lifts / Weight

Squat / 157.5kgx1
    Bench / 105kgx1
    Deadlift / 170kgx1

Stats: 156 lbs
    cawkman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cawkman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cawkman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cawkman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cawkman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cawkman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cawkman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cawkman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cawkman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cawkman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cawkman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit cawkman's BodySpace
    because i like to have legs.
    *MISC EMPIRE CREW*

Originally Posted by Newbiewar View Post
    like half the people in my gym... only one squat rack...

Honestly though... I wish I had a spotter or a partner on squatting days... cause I can lift a lot more than I feel comfortable doing... but I still dont have the greatest form(knee's shift when coming out of the hole)

Squats always scare me, to have the weight all on my shoulders, no pad, no frills... ass to the grass... it sucks, no other words to describe it...

When my set is done, i'm sweating, probably a drip in my eye, huffing and puffing... but thats what you need to do... if you want your body to produce GH, thats the best way to build mass is through the Squat... you must burden your body with the weight you intend to gain.
    You meantioned you dont have the greatest form and that your knees shift. do they go in which your pusing up? cause i have that happen too and was curious how to stop it.

Stats: 5'11", 192 lbs
    n0t0riouS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n0t0riouS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n0t0riouS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n0t0riouS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n0t0riouS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n0t0riouS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n0t0riouS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n0t0riouS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n0t0riouS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n0t0riouS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) n0t0riouS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit n0t0riouS's BodySpace
    Well, I'm beginning to enjoy the feeling of weight training (takes a while give it time).
    Squats are one of the best ways to train with weights.
    Therefore, I enjoy the feeling of squatting. No need for motivation.
    I like to squat.

Registered User Powerbuilding75's Avatar
    Stats: 5'9", 250 lbs
    Powerbuilding75 is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerbuilding75 is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerbuilding75 is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerbuilding75 is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerbuilding75 is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerbuilding75 is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerbuilding75 is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerbuilding75 is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerbuilding75 is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerbuilding75 is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerbuilding75 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit Powerbuilding75's BodySpace

Stats: 5'9", 185 lbs
    Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbiewar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit Newbiewar's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by livetoliftsd View Post
    You meantioned you dont have the greatest form and that your knees shift. do they go in which your pusing up? cause i have that happen too and was curious how to stop it.
    my knees shift from right to left, such that my right leg ends up directly under my body, or there about... Its not as extreme as i make it sound, but.. i still dont like it...

well... typically they say using your hips concentrate on keeping your knees as wide as possible while you going up...

I've learned that one leg squats actually do more to improve groin and hip-flexor strength than two-legged squats... also this has less stress on your knees too while you improve your form...

Stats: 6'1", 203 lbs
    iliftpesos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) iliftpesos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) iliftpesos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) iliftpesos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) iliftpesos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) iliftpesos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) iliftpesos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) iliftpesos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) iliftpesos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) iliftpesos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) iliftpesos has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit iliftpesos's BodySpace
    I think 'fuk 99% of the world that doesn't train legs because I am about to get beastmode and develop quads the size of treetrunks' (semi srs)

For real tho just man up and do the damn thing. Do you want to better yourself? It shouldn't even be a question. Man up.
    In our field, we have to be undefeated .. or else we die. The Legion of Good Samaritans ~Fitted Hat Crew~ -Misc Big Arms Crew- "Who were your role models in your early childhood?" "Role Models you say? I say Zeus, Apollo, the gods and now I too am a god!" <<<***Boston misc crew***>>>

*** Zyzz on Mt. Olympus 8.8.11 ***