Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Julian's quest for an IFPA Pro Card

Hey guys like the title says I'm on a quest to get my IFPA Pro Card. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll only get one crack at it this year as there is only one pro qualifier in the state of Arizona. I competed earlier this year in March and won my PNBA pro card. If you're interested, I logged that contest prep all here http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150267423

A little background info about me: I'm married with a 1 year old son, I co-owner a personal training studio in Gilbert, AZ, I write fitness articles for the websites Askthetrainer and Literallylean, I started lifting in 99, I'm a former division 1 athlete, I started bodybuilding in 2010, and won my first procard in march of this year.
    I'm doing my own contest prep, using my own workout routine (a modified MS3 Program), and starting off my contest diet with 2400 calories, 270 carbs/180 protein/66 fats. As of this past Saturday I'm 12 weeks out. Here is a photo I took Saturday afternoon.
    IFPA/PNBA Natural Pro Bodybuilder
    P4P Muscle Sponsored Athlete
    Fitness and Nutrition Programs www.Payhip.com/JulianBrownFitness
    www.JulianBrownTraining.com
    www.********.com/Julianbrownpersonaltraining
    www.dailymotion.com/julian11453
    www.Twitter.com/Jbtraining
    www.askthetrainer.com/author/julianbrown/

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I forgot to mention starting stats and supplements.
    Height 5'9-5'10ish
    Weight 161lbs-163lbs

Supplements:
    Creatine Mono
    BCAA
    Caffeine
    Yohimbine HCl
    Taurine

Today's workout was a high volume leg day. I completed 15 reps of the following:
    5 sets of elevated split squats on the smith
    3 sets of leg presses
    3 sets of horizontal hack squat machine
    5 sets hamstring curls
    5 sets leg extensions
    5 sets seat calf raises
    20 minutes of moderate cardio(incline on the tread)

Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ccm644 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Last log was great

Certainly in on this one!!
    ___Growing Mentally and Physically ___
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154388901&p=1079896151&posted=1#post1079896151

My Blog - www.innerbuilder.weebly.com

Fat is temporary, strength and muscle is not

Originally Posted by Ccm644 View Post
    Last log was great

Certainly in on this one!!
    Awesome! Glad to see you back in on this one

Chicken tacos with low fat shredded cheese for dinner

Going heavy for the next 6 workouts. Today's workout was chest and tri's I did 5 reps of the following:
    5 sets dumbbell bench press
    5 sets incline smith bench press
    5 sets chest press machine
    5 sets hammer strength wide chest

I finished up with 20 reps of the following:
    5 sets cable flyes
    5 sets reverse grip tricep extensions
    5 sets overhead tricep rope extensions

20 minutes of hiit cardio

This morning's weight is 161lbs. Felt pretty solid about today's workout and weight :-)

Nothing special for dinner. Tilapia and baked potato

antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) antevans007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I followed ur last log and u had an awesome prep, so Ill def be following along again as I am now under 8 and 10 weeks away from my first competitions
    IG: antevans007

TEAM DEMON

2013 NPA Mr/Ms. North Carolina - 1st Place Junior and 1st Place Novice Overall
    2013 INBF Natural Atlantic Coast Championship - 3rd Place Open Bantamweight

Follow along on my journey! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147591933

Originally Posted by antevans007 View Post
    I followed ur last log and u had an awesome prep, so Ill def be following along again as I am now under 8 and 10 weeks away from my first competitions
    Awesome thanks for following along! I'll be sure to check out your log and good luck to you bro. I would rep you and Ccm644 but I have to spread reps around first :-(

Heavy horizontal back today. I did 5 reps of the following:
    5 sets T-bar rows
    5 sets Machine T-bar rows
    5 sets Cable rows
    5 sets hammer strength rows

20 reps of the following:
    5 sets underhand grip straight arm pulldowns
    5 sets dumbbell curls
    5 sets preacher curls

20 Minutes moderate cardio

Today's weight is actually up a bit 162lbs, but I have some extra salt yesterday so that's probably why. No matter when weight loss stalls...

Me and my business partner goofing around at the gym today

Went to Osaka Japanese Steakhouse for my Dad's bday. Steak,chicken,shrimp, rice and veggies.
    manage to fit that into to my dietary guidelines for today

TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000) TheNaturalOak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just checked out your old log, congrats mr. pro!

I saw your weight got up to ~168? lbs and roughly 3,000 kcals/day

Curious as to how you found your way back to 161-163 and how high were you able to walk ur calories up (since youre starting at 2400 now)

Sub'd for this 1
    Visit My Current Log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144888731

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In, great log last time and great showing,

at 12 weeks out I would have expected you to be on much higher calories.

You only look 5 lbs or so away from shredded weight, why all the dieting so soon?

- Thanks.

Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    In, great log last time and great showing,

at 12 weeks out I would have expected you to be on much higher calories.

You only look 5 lbs or so away from shredded weight, why all the dieting so soon?

- Thanks.
    Thanks bro! Two reasons I started off pretty aggressive this prep. 1. I want to display some alien lean looking conditioning lol and 2. I want to be ready at least 3 weeks in advance so I can eat into the show. After my last prep, I noticed the first few weeks post contest I got leaner and looked a hell of a lot fuller as I started eating more calories. I'm going to try to mimic that before the show this time around :-)

Heavy legs this morning. I did 5 reps of the following:
    5 sets of Back Squats
    5 sets of Step Back Lunges on the smith
    5 sets of horizontal hack squat

Did 20 reps of the following:
    5 sets of leg curl
    5 sets of leg extension
    5 sets of hip abductors
    5 sets of calves
    3 sets leg lifts

20 minutes moderate cardio

Overall, I felt really good today during my workout. I've got some soreness/tenderness in my lower hamstring, but no biggie I'm sure it will pass.
    Today's weight 161lbs

Throwback Thursday. Back Double Bicep Shot from exactly 3 years ago 10 weeks out from my first show

stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stubbee21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IN! Time to get a little weird all up in this bizznatch! lol

Originally Posted by stubbee21 View Post
    IN! Time to get a little weird all up in this bizznatch! lol
    Lmao thanks for joining bro

8oz sirloin, sweet potato, and veggies for dinner

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm in on this bro!!

How come all Aliens on TV are super lean? They must not have fast food joints in space!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    I'm in on this bro!!

How come all Aliens on TV are super lean? They must not have fast food joints in space!
    Lmao! Seems like they've managed to conquer obesity :-)5

Heavy traps and shoulders today. I also added in some chest isolations because I want to bring my chest up just a little bit. I did 5 reps of the following:
    5 sets barbell shurgs
    5 sets hammer strength shrugs
    5 sets front presses on smith

I did 20 reps of the following:
    5 sets close grip shrugs on smith
    5 sets bent over raises
    5 sets cable chest flyes
    5 sets overhead tricep rope extensions
    5 sets tricep rope extensions

20 minutes of moderate cardio

Seems like flexing in front of the arnold poster we have yet to hang has become quite popular at my gym lol

Feeling lean this morning

I seem to be maintaining my weight (162), but I'm looking leaner. Noticeably in my low back and glute area. I had a solid workout session this morning. Heavy vertical pulls. 5 reps of the following:
    5 sets wide grip lat pull down
    5 sets close grip lat pull down
    5 sets underhand grip bodymasters plate loaded pull down
    5 sets hammer strength pull down
    20 reps of the following:
    5 sets underhand grip straight arm pull down
    5 sets cable curls
    5 sets hercules curls

20 minutes of moderate cardio

I forgot to mention my son came with me to the gym yesterday and was pumping some baby iron. He'll be one year old a week from today

Forgot to mention today is refeed day for me. 2900 cals, 400 carbs/180pro/65fats

Traps were sore all day yesterday from the day before's workout and it felt great lol. Refeed was awesome and getting some extra sleep was awesome as well. Woke up at 163lbs this morning and looking full again.

Second Heavy leg session this week. Going to move into higher reps next week. I did 5 reps of the following:
    5 sets of Back Squats
    5 sets of Step Back Lunges on the smith
    5 sets of horizontal hack squat

Did 20 reps of the following:
    5 sets of leg curl
    5 sets of leg extension
    5 sets of hip abductors
    5 sets of calves
    3 sets leg lifts

20 minutes moderate cardio

Still 163lbs this morning. Two different random people today in the gym this morning commented on how I'm getting leaner. I thought I was, but this definitely confirms it. Worked chest and tri's today. Did 15 reps of the following:
    4 sets dumbbell incline press
    3 sets barbell incline press
    3 sets hammer strength chest press
    3 sets hammer strength iso wide chest
    3 sets tricep rope extensions
    3 sets underhand grip straight bar tricep extensions
    3 sets tricep extensions

20 minutes hiit cardio
    Took these post workout at home

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Large volume workouts, do you think you need that much to keep the muscle you already have?

Also, do you think you can bump calories up and stay the same weight for a few weeks, you still have like 11 weeks right?

I try not to deviate from my usual lifting routine, but I will cut back on volume if I feel run down later in my prep. I'm not sure if I need this much volume to retain mass or not because I've been doing this much volume for over 15 months so I'm not how my body will respond. I do usually deload every few months though.
    I'm guessing I could maintain my weight eating about 400 cals more, but I want to be ready by Aug 1st and add calories slowly back in the last 3 weeks before the show. I tend to fill out nicely and retain that leanness. However, I don't see myself dropping below 2400 cals this prep

lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lukamura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    Large volume workouts, do you think you need that much to keep the muscle you already have?

Also, do you think you can bump calories up and stay the same weight for a few weeks, you still have like 11 weeks right?
    First rule of getting in shape is getting in shape the healthiest way.

I like the idea of getting ready way before the show, it'll give you the edge over other competitors + you'll retain more muscle being on higher calories.

Ahhhh, ya know that best brah.

Whole grain shrimp pasta and tilapia for dinner tonight. Dinners like this make me glad to not be scared of something ridiculous like carbs after 6 make you fat.

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice work in here man. Looking nice and lean in the last pic. Wish I didn't go under 2400 on my last prep! lol
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Nice work in here man. Looking nice and lean in the last pic. Wish I didn't go under 2400 on my last prep! lol
    Lol thanks man. This is my first time not going below 2400 cals. I had to go below 2200 last prep earlier this year and it was brutal.

High volume horizontal back day this morning. 15 reps of the following:
    4 sets tbar rows
    3 sets reverse grip barbell rows
    3 sets cable rows
    3 sets body masters row machine
    3 sets rope straight arm pull downs
    3 sets Hercules curls
    3 sets barbell curls
    3 sets preacher curls

20 minutes hiit cardio

Feeling great today weight is at 163lbs this morning. Staying steady, but I'm starting to get that Christmas tree in the low back. Awesome!