Thread: uneven pecs

imthedude27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

uneven pecs

Could someone point me in the right direction on getting my left pec looking more like my right pec.

threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Doing db press in place of bb helped me out a bit.
    *Gorilla Biscuits crew*

guydon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guydon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guydon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guydon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guydon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guydon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guydon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guydon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guydon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guydon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guydon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah you are likley using your dominant side to push most of the weight. If you use DB's it will help with that. A buddy of mine actually did extra sets with his non dominant side for a couple months, seemed to work for him. Just try to be more conscious of form.

Should I do few few db set before? Or do them after my normal routine?

Southernboy23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Southernboy23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Southernboy23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Southernboy23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Southernboy23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Southernboy23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Southernboy23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Southernboy23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Southernboy23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Southernboy23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Southernboy23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by imthedude27 View Post
    Should I do few few db set before? Or do them after my normal routine?
    i was in the same boat you were in a while ago. I was just doing bench with a straight bar and i switched to just dumbbells and it worked wonders for making my chest even

pec

Does it just loom like a underdeveloped pec to you?

josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000) josh001122 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH

Uneven pecs are caused because of incorrect FORM. Honnestly i have never been more certian about something in my life haha, this is such a common problem in weight lifters, i had this problem myself (although corrected now) and i have seen so many other people with this problem, and they all claim its because of "genetics" or because they use dumbbells, or because one arm is stronger than the other, etc..

Also when im spotting other lifters in the gym during benching exercises i notice there form is off, by judging on there form i can work out in my head which pec muscle of theres would be bigger, after the set finishes i ask them is your "right" pec bigger? (as i worked this out in my head juding there form) 100% of the time i have asked this to someone they all say yea how did you know? I tell them there form is off they might not even notice it but as a spotter looking for this i can tell.

Also OP, i gaurentee you that if your right handed your left pec is bigger, and if your left handed his right pec is bigger, am i correct?

Most cases i have seen (including me) this was the case.

Anyway take a read of these other posts i have made about un-even pecs. I 100% gaurentee you it is your FORM. Incorrect form = incorrect muscle imbalance.

The bar should be perfectally straight so both pec muscles are placed under equal stress resulting in equal muscle hypertrophy respone.

I USE TO HAVE THIS EXACT PROBLEM WITH MY PECS THEY USE TO BE UN-EVEN. I HAVE NOW FOUND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS WHICH CAUSED THIS AND I HAVE NOW FIXED MY UN-EVEN PECS AND THEY ARE BOTH SYMETRICAL. I 100% GAURENTEE YOU THIS IS THE REASON YOUR PECS ARE UN-EVEN, FIX THIS AND IT WILL FIX YOUR UN-EVEN PECS. I GAURENTEE YOU.

You chest is growing uneven NOT because of your routine or because you are using barbell instead of dumbells or because one side is stronger than the other or whatever, the reason your pecs are un-even is because of your FORM. And no it will not even out over time if you keep doing what you are currently doing, if anything it will only get worse.

The reason your chest is uneven is because your form is not identical, when benching you are pushing the bar up on a slight angle, this is due to either your shoulder placing and/or elbow placing.

I 100% gaurentee you this is your problem, get your spotter to watch your form when you bench everything has to be equal, shoulders sitting at the same height, elbow placing at the same as opposite side.

If you are benching and you have one elbow placed higher than the other meaning: (more in-line with your shoulder) and the opposite elbow droped down slightly meaning: (tucked in closer to your side) Then different muscles on opposing sides of your body will be placed under greater stress. (one pectorial muscle being under greater stress than the opposite)

You have to make sure your shoulders and elbow placing are identical at both sides of your body to prevent one pectorial muscle from being placed under more stress than the other, what i suggest is to use the chest press machine and watch your form in the mirror making sure your elbows and shoulders are exctally in the same place, they have to line up equally. Then go back to the free weights when you have identical form and joint placing.

Droping one elbow down more than the opposite elbow will have that side of the chest working more than the opposite side.

Fix your form and it will fix your problem. This is the reason your chest is un-even.

- Elbow placing
    - Shoulder placing

Here is also a PM post i made:

(has some good info)

Yes both sides need to have identical form, your shoulder and elbow placing is everything, if they are not identical form to your other side then different muscle on the opposite side of your body will be placed under different amounts of stress, creating "un-even pecs"

If you elbow is flared out more this places less stress on the pectorial muscle and more stress on the front deltoid, resulting in less muscle fibers being ripped in your chest muscle, but if the elbow on your other side is lowered down slightly more then this will reduce the stress on the front delt and place mroe stress on your pectorial muscle ripping more muscle fibers resulting in each pectorial muscle being placed under different amounts of stress which will result in either greater or less muscle hypertrophy gains (mass/size gains).

I suggest you get a spotter to watch you bench and make sure you are pushing the bar up on a perfect line not on a angle, even a slight angle will activate and de-activate different muscles on the opposite side of the body.

I had this exact same problem except my was much much worse than yours my pecs are now both symetrical because i fixed my form, i actually went to the smith machince for a while as the handles/bar coulder be moved i also watched my form in the morror making sure my shoulders and elbows are both identical placing to each other, once i mastered my perfect form then i went back to the bench.

You probally dont even know it but when you are benching this is what it looks like:

Notice how the shoulder and elbow placing are different which creates the bar to be pushed up on a slight angle, this is what causes un-eveness, because different muscle on opposite sides of the body are being placed under more/less stress creating either greater/less muscle hypertrophy which then relates in un-even muscle imbalance.

So the moral of the story: CORRECT YOUR INCORRECT FORM.

azurejer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azurejer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azurejer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azurejer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azurejer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azurejer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azurejer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azurejer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azurejer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azurejer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) azurejer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by josh001122 View Post
    Originally Posted by JOSEF RAKICH

Repped for the smiley guy.
    ------------------------------------------

#Fat to Fit Crew
    #Horsehead Crew

mikky24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same problem but i dont know which pec is bigger or which is smaller my right pec seems a lil bigger but my left is in better form and i only do pushups and dumble bench press!

mikky24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mikky24 View Post
    I have the same problem but i dont know which pec is bigger or which is smaller my right pec seems a lil bigger but my left is in better form and i only do pushups and dumble bench press!
    help!!

Eijayyy562 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Uneven pecs

I have uneven pecs . I've noticed it for a while now and ever since I've been trying my best to fix my form . My form is a great as it could get . But I still have uneven pecs . My right chest is smaller than the left. I don't know if the reason is the barbell or something else ?!

Jsrz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This may be because since your dominant deltoid is pushing more and that way your pec will reach muscle failure after the other pec and it won't develop as well. I recommend using dbs and doing some more reps with your least developed side. I have this problem too and it's been helping me alot, I'd also recommend checking your form that may be a cause too.

Jsrz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Or maybe it is the shape of your pecs, if both are equally strong yet one looks bigger but it has a different shape than the other that may be it.