diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Such thing as too much fat while on keto?

Ok, I'm new to this keto diet, and was just wondering is there such thing as having too much fat in your keto diet?

example I'm hovering at about 200lbs right now, which would lead me too intake 200g protein approx, and each g of protein is 4 calories, thus this is only 800 calories, If I'm to take in say 2800 calories am I suppose to get 2000 calories from fat then or what?

Thanks for any help. I'm going to be using this keto style diet while dc training and I don't intend on going through a "cuttting" phase but trying to bulk while staying lean. Thanks.

Any help is appreciated.
    My tutorial on getting the old ******** chat back - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=725166661

ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by diskin8 View Post
    Ok, I'm new to this keto diet, and was just wondering is there such thing as having too much fat in your keto diet?

example I'm hovering at about 200lbs right now, which would lead me too intake 200g protein approx, and each g of protein is 4 calories, thus this is only 800 calories, If I'm to take in say 2800 calories am I suppose to get 2000 calories from fat then or what?

Thanks for any help. I'm going to be using this keto style diet while dc training and I don't intend on going through a "cuttting" phase but trying to bulk while staying lean. Thanks.

Any help is appreciated.
    Wait...If I"m not mistaken, you consume the protein for your LEAN mass. Not your actual weight? Do you know how to find this number?

diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ananf72 View Post
    Wait...If I"m not mistaken, you consume the protein for your LEAN mass. Not your actual weight? Do you know how to find this number?
    Actually yeah your right, you consume for your lean mass, Nah I don't know how to find this number, but would the extra odd 20g of protein make much of a difference?
    My tutorial on getting the old ******** chat back - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=725166661

zstanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zstanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zstanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zstanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zstanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zstanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zstanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zstanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zstanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zstanton will become famous soon enough. (+50) zstanton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes... if you eat so much fat that you are no longer in a caloric deficit it is too much
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew] - U mad?

[My NFSC CUT]
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133483033

ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Actually yeah your right, you consume for your lean mass, Nah I don't know how to find this number, but would the extra odd 20g of protein make much of a difference?
    You'll need to find your lean body mass. There will be a few methods for this online. imo, yes, the protein will make a difference. You'll need the fat ratios on the higher end. If you scroll through some of the stickys, it will explain what your body will do with the higher protein. Once you do keto for a bit, you can play with your macros a little to see what your personal response is. When just starting out, learn to master the basics and trust the method. For me, the more fat I eat, the more fat I lose, energy I have and harder/heavier I train (keeping within my cal range).
    Last edited by ananf72; 04-17-2011 at 09:26 AM. Reason: clarity

SteakShake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So in your profile you list your bodyfat at 14% - take 14% away from your real weight and that's your lean mass number. Remember that 1 gm. fat = 9 calories, and usually it's about the same number as the protein.

Originally Posted by zstanton View Post
    yes... if you eat so much fat that you are no longer in a caloric deficit it is too much
    Ok well 2800 calories would be a deficit for me, considering my BMR is about 2800 and thats if I were to lie in bed all week. So does this mean I get 2000 calories from fat?

Originally Posted by ananf72 View Post
    You'll need to find your lean body mass. There will be a few methods for this online. imo, yes, the protein will make a difference. You'll need the fat ratios on the higher end. If you scroll through some of the stickys, it will explain what your body will do with the higher protein. Once you do keto for a bit, you can play with your macros a little to see what your personal response is. When just starting out, learn to master the basics and trust the method. For me, the more fat I eat, the more fat I lose, energy I have and harder/heavier I train (keeping within my cal range).
    Yeah well even with the extra 20g protein the fats still gonna out weigh the protein by like 2x or 3x.

Does I have catabolismz? TaoistWarrior's Avatar
    TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Depending on your goals, there is such a thing as too much fat, but not during the induction phase of about 2 weeks or so. Bathe your body in fat. A lot of people start the diet and want to begin cutting right away so they eat 70 g fat and wonder why they aren't achieving what they want.

Your pro should come from your lean mass. Estimate your BF percentage, subtract this from 100, and multiply this percentage by your total body weight in lbs. That's your daily pro grams. Eat no more than 30-50 grams carbohydrate/day for the first couple weeks, and the remainder of your cals should come from fat... but it's far better to exceed this number, especially in the first couple weeks, than to undershoot it.

Then we can dial in your macros to fit your goals. For now eat eat eat!
    It's time for a Breakthrough.

Originally Posted by TaoistWarrior View Post
    Depending on your goals, there is such a thing as too much fat, but not during the induction phase of about 2 weeks or so. Bathe your body in fat. A lot of people start the diet and want to begin cutting right away so they eat 70 g fat and wonder why they aren't achieving what they want.

Your pro should come from your lean mass. Estimate your BF percentage, subtract this from 100, and multiply this percentage by your total body weight in lbs. That's your daily pro grams. Eat no more than 30-50 grams carbohydrate/day for the first couple weeks, and the remainder of your cals should come from fat... but it's far better to exceed this number, especially in the first couple weeks, than to undershoot it.

Then we can dial in your macros to fit your goals. For now eat eat eat!
    Ok thanks for that, so if I can't get enough fat from foods can I just have a few table spoons of cooking oil or extra virgin olive oil or something to bring it up to par?

When you say "but it's far better to exceed this number, especially in the first couple weeks, than to undershoot it", you mean the number of calories right? not carbs

Also my goals are to build muscle while getting leaner.

Does I have catabolismz? TaoistWarrior's Avatar
    TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TaoistWarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ok thanks for that, so if I can't get enough fat from foods can I just have a few table spoons of cooking oil or extra virgin olive oil or something to bring it up to par?

When you say "but it's far better to exceed this number, especially in the first couple weeks, than to undershoot it", you mean the number of calories right? not carbs

Also my goals are to build muscle while getting leaner.
    yes thats right, your fats. evoo is a good way to supplement if you need it.
    It's time for a Breakthrough.

Originally Posted by TaoistWarrior View Post
    yes thats right, your fats. evoo is a good way to supplement if you need it.
    Ok, thanks. great I'm gonna be downing olive oil for the next couple of weeks.

Have you an estimate of when I should start seeing a difference in my body?

and should I be doing cardio while on keto? no?

2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000) 2canman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ok, thanks. great I'm gonna be downing olive oil for the next couple of weeks.

Have you an estimate of when I should start seeing a difference in my body?

and should I be doing cardio while on keto? no?
    yes you can do cardio, and also, you should start noticing changes around 2 weeks.

Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kickerof09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

a couple paragraphs down you will find an accurate way to measure your LBM