Parad1ne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to bodybuilding. Lots of questions!

Hi, I'm pretty new to body building and have a few questions regarding my workout, what foods I need to be eating, and how to appropriately use equipment to target a specific muscle.

Height: 5'9
    Weight: 177

Currently, my main goals are trying to get cut, burn belly fat, and grow my pectoral muscles.

I'm not exactly sure if my work out is the right way to go when it comes to losing weight but it has become a habit for me and I would appreciate it if I could get some tips on my balance of cardio/weight training.

My workout usually consists of cardio at the beginning.
    Bike: Time 15:00 Cals: 150
    Elliptical: Time: 5-7 mins Cals: 150
    Treadmill: Time: 5-8 mins Cals: 50
    Total Cals: 350

I do this cardio routine in the beginning of my workout every day. Is this too much or too little?

After I finish my cardio workout, I usually hit the punching bag for 5-10 minutes, then I start my weightlifting routine.
    Odd Days: Pecs, usually 3 sets of 10-12 reps of 6 different exercises. Note* When I work out my pecs, my arms usually get more tired than my pecs. Am I doing something wrong?*
    I also try to alternate workouts every other odd day to avoid plateauing. Is this the correct way to avoid plateau or should I be doing something else?
    Even Days: Abs, usually 3 sets of 20-25 reps of 6 different exercises. I have been told I can work abs everyday, is this true?

Currently my diet is crap but I'm formulating one at the moment that meets the required amount of protein and carbs needed.

As of last week I have been drinking around 3-4 liters of water a day, eating 3 eggs and toast for breakfast, lunch is usually a sandwich, and dinner is salmon, or anything I have in the fridge.
    I read up on what I should be eating so that's not really my concern.

I would appreciate any tips or critiques on my workout, and things that I should be doing in order to gain maximum muscle and burn belly fat fast.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you think bodybuilding is about "pectorals", "arms" and "ABS" only? missing anything along the way?

Originally Posted by Xuaxace View Post
    Do you think bodybuilding is about "pectorals", "arms" and "ABS" only? missing anything along the way?
    Well obviously but I want those 2 muscles to be my main focus and im not sure how to implement other workouts. Tips would be nice.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000) TheBreadWinner is just really nice. (+1000)
    all i can say is, urdoinitwrong if pecs arms and abs is your split, read up on the stickies on starting strength and such.
    University of Alabama
    Shaved head crew

ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000) ChrisG12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ohhh boy. Get everything you know about weightlifting, training, dieting, bodybuilding... and forget it. Then go read the stickies.

amboosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amboosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amboosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amboosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amboosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amboosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do this, with a good diet. Pretty much the best advice anyone is going to give you.

Originally Posted by amboosh View Post
    Do this, with a good diet. Pretty much the best advice anyone is going to give you.
    My impression of this is that its mostly lower body or am I completely wrong?

Originally Posted by Parad1ne View Post
    My impression of this is that its mostly lower body or am I completely wrong?
    you are completely wrong.

zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well obviously but I want those 2 muscles to be my main focus and im not sure how to implement other workouts. Tips would be nice.
    Good job ignoring your lower half of the body

Do not come in here with ignorance, read the stickies and educate urself son

Originally Posted by zQt View Post
    Good job ignoring your lower half of the body

Do not come in here with ignorance, read the stickies and educate urself son
    Lol my bad?

jordanbowes123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanbowes123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanbowes123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanbowes123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanbowes123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanbowes123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanbowes123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanbowes123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanbowes123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanbowes123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jordanbowes123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lol my bad?
    yeah i suggest you read some stuff then ask some other questions, if you want to get some growth you want to be working your whole body, upper and lower, with a good routine, incorporate your cardio in somewhere, butlike everyone else said, read some stuff up first, watch videos etc

Originally Posted by jordanbowes123 View Post
    yeah i suggest you read some stuff then ask some other questions, if you want to get some growth you want to be working your whole body, upper and lower, with a good routine, incorporate your cardio in somewhere, butlike everyone else said, read some stuff up first, watch videos etc
    Aight I'll definitely check out the stickies, I appreciate it!

edsp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) edsp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) edsp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) edsp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) edsp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) edsp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) edsp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) edsp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) edsp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) edsp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) edsp is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    did not read,
    read the ****ing stickies and 90% of your questions will be answered,
    ++ Positive Crew ++

-Tottenham Hotspur-Oregon Ducks-

Taking up Olympic lifting until stronger than the 48kg women in the olympics!