balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

dumbell bench press bad for RC like regular wide grip bench press?

I was wondering if regular dumbell press is bad for your shoulder like wide grip bench is? I wouldve thought it would be worse because there is 2 parts compared to 1 part. I suppose you dont go as low on dumbells though.

Myself I do hammer press.

DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoubleWide is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    DBs could actually go lower since there's no bar. Is benching bad for the RC? Not really. If you have an imbalance though where your chest is stronger than the back then you're just increasing the imbalance. You might want to look into some RC exercises, but most importantly prioritize your back exercises. Getting my back stronger with Pendlay rows has reduced the problems I've had with my shoulders. Also remember to warm up a lot before benching.

adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the problem isnt any exercise its the idiviuals body

if you have tight pecs and the pull your humrus inward and your scapula outward , you change the path the bones travel slightly
    this is where people have problems

eric creesey has a ton of great shoulder artcles on t nation
    def worht a read
    my blogs
    howigotripped.wordpress.com
    submissiongrappling.wordpress.com

adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DoubleWide View Post
    DBs could actually go lower since there's no bar. Is benching bad for the RC? Not really. If you have an imbalance though where your chest is stronger than the back then you're just increasing the imbalance. You might want to look into some RC exercises, but most importantly prioritize your back exercises. Getting my back stronger with Pendlay rows has reduced the problems I've had with my shoulders. Also remember to warm up a lot before benching.
    you must of been typing that while i was typing basically the same thing

i also found scupla push ups to be great help with my shoulder health
    my blogs
    howigotripped.wordpress.com
    submissiongrappling.wordpress.com

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    dbs are easier on rc if you hold them in the "hammer" position (palms facing body as opposed to palms facing feet)
    "Humility comes before honor"

whoreable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whoreable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whoreable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whoreable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whoreable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whoreable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whoreable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whoreable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whoreable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whoreable has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    dbs are easier on rc if you hold them in the "hammer" position (palms facing body as opposed to palms facing feet)
    did you even read the topic?

how do you Db press with hammer hand? impossible.

balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) balaclavaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjE1S5hoAuc

this is me hammer dumbell press

lukebr will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukebr will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukebr will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukebr will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukebr will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukebr will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukebr will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukebr will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukebr will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukebr will become famous soon enough. (+50) lukebr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by balaclavaboy View Post

hehehe your a ninja!!

needs back hair removal Hikeon3's Avatar
    Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need to find a way to stabilize that bench. Looks mighty uncomfortable.
    In the making. Light-years away, but loving the trip there.

jessetakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think the key is to make sure you don't go down too far in the movement. And also, don't go too heavy. With certain exercises, like DB Rows, Hamstring Curls, Seated Calf Raises etc. etc. you can go super heavy too the point where you can only do a few reps and it's ok, you don't feel as though you're stressing anything horribly.

However, with DB presses, if I go really heavy I can feel kind of a pinching pain in the shoulder sometimes. So I normally will just go as heavy as I can comfortably push off 10-12 reps instead of going low reps and very heavy.

Like I said to start, I think that the harm to the shoulder is more when you go really low. You see lots of guys at the gym when doing DB presses will go down with their arms below their chest and that stresses the RC a bunch. Now when I do it I'll just go to when my upper arm is parallel with the ground and maybe a tiny bit lower but not much.

But if the form is good and you're using a weight you can handle I don't think DB presses are more harmful than BB presses.

Originally Posted by Hikeon3 View Post
    Need to find a way to stabilize that bench. Looks mighty uncomfortable.
    i had a nightmare 2 nights ago that this woman police officer was checking my bag outside a school and she found my balaclava and i got arrested.

needs back hair removal Hikeon3's Avatar
    Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hikeon3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i had a nightmare 2 nights ago that this woman police officer was checking my bag outside a school and she found my balaclava and i got arrested.
    Sorry?
    In the making. Light-years away, but loving the trip there.