Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Did I crash or just a bad day in the gym?

I've been lifting for about 16 months. I just started with getting more serious about my diet.
    I'm cutting, about 5'10" 201.2 "today/this morning" 33 years old. I try to stay active but I am laid off at the moment so some days I dont do anything but lift weights and your everyday apartment duties. Some days I find stuff to do that keep me modestly active but never anything real crazy. I do a Pull/Legs/Push workout. 3 days in a row,one day off. Today was push.

So I set out to get 2500 calories
    200g Pro/92g fat/217g carb. I started this on Monday. Well through yesterday Ive been hitting my protein and fat and getting a touch over 2000 calories and dont feel to terribly hungry and Ive been pretty good in the weight room.I figured I would go with this for 2 weeks and see what happens. Today I sucked lifting. Everything was down I had crap for energy I got about 7.5-8 hours of sleep last night and have all week. I was told 2500 might even be a little low to cut on but I figured because Im not working it would be a good starting point but when I was hitting my fat and protein macros and staying at 2000 calories I figured only better! Maybe not?
    Should I continue on as is and just call it a bad day in the gym or do you guys think its just to low of calories?

FWIW I know its 99% water but I weigh myself every morning right after I take a leek. Monday I was 205.4 this morning I was 201.2. If this means anything.

Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Training for 16 months straight like this? Have you ever taken 2 weeks or so off from lifting completely?

It can do absolute wonders and if you've been consistent, you may be due for a break.
    I achieve nutritional fortitude by a method which shall not be named, lest the peasants learn to read.

pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you're plan was to cut on 2500, why did you stop at 2000? Are carbs evil? Would you have also stopped if you had hit 1628 cal while hitting your protein and fat levels (0g carb)?

If 2500 may have been too much of a cut to begin with, you're just asking for trouble at 2000.

Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeremy-D will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Shrederator View Post
    Training for 16 months straight like this? Have you ever taken 2 weeks or so off from lifting completely?

It can do absolute wonders and if you've been consistent, you may be due for a break.
    When I am working I only lift 3 days a week. I am lifting more now because it is my only real form of physical activity. I am a carpenter and laid off at the moment.

Originally Posted by pretend View Post
    If you're plan was to cut on 2500, why did you stop at 2000? Are carbs evil? Would you have also stopped if you had hit 1628 cal while hitting your protein and fat levels (0g carb)?

If 2500 may have been too much of a cut to begin with, you're just asking for trouble at 2000.
    I stopped because I would hit 2000 close to bed time so I would have only ate to hit my macros. Which I am fine with but as I said I thought 2500 was to high for me to lose weight on because I am not really that active right now. I was told 2500 might be too low.

pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jeremy-D View Post
    I stopped because I would hit 2000 close to bed time so I would have only ate to hit my macros. Which I am fine with but as I said I thought 2500 was to high for me to lose weight on because I am not really that active right now. I was told 2500 might be too low.
    Many people here eat only to hit their macros. Eating too close to bed is only an issue if it's going to make you unable to sleep. That's a good time for easier-digesting foods/drinks. If you've gone through the macronutrient sticky, you should have a good idea of what your maintenance level is (definitely not sedentary if you're busting ass at the gym) and how much of a deficit off that you want to run. The key will be to stick with it for a few weeks, and then assess whether it's too much or too little. If you don't stick to the plan, you'll never know if it worked!

And it is possible you just had a bad day for some unrelated reason (psychological, emotional, etc.). If it happens again, you might want to consider the time off suggested, and rework a diet plan and stick to it.

rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich503 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    One bad workout means nothing and is certainly not an indication to change your plan. You may have the same meals and sleep tomorrow but have a killer training session.
    Richard Anderson, M.D.

I eat and thoroughly enjoy egg whites; for some reason you now think you are smarter than me. This makes me smile.

Pubmed: helpin' the anti-Bros post links to abstracts of studies they never read...anything less is Broscience!

-To the PubMed ninjas; you are what is wrong with the internet.

SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Shrederator View Post

2 weeks off completely? Are you sure you don't mean a 2 week de-load training with 60-70% of normal working weights? De-training is a real possibility taking 2 weeks off from gym.

I would not recommend that.
    Real Men Eat Meat and Vegetables.

KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000) KurtyJ99 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I'm a big fan of upping cardio, opposed to reducing cals.

Give it a shot.

t0mmyb0y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dont let the eating less thing get to you. its mostly mental. go out n get a random chick's phone number and tell me how u hit PRs all afternoon. u just werent on it that day.