brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Pros vs. Joes brings teh lulz!

Anyone watch this show? I catch it every so often but I saw one today that had to be the most brutal one ever lol....

For those who haven't seen it, it works like this.... 6 "average joes" go up against 3 ex-pro athletes in their own sports. The Joes that perform the best against the Pros move on to an "overtime session" where the battle all 3 pros in a timed event. The Joe with the best time wins the whole event.

The 3 pros that these average guys had to face this time were....

1) Ricky Williams (NFL Running Back). The Joes had 4 tries to stop Ricky from running the ball into the end zone. Epic brutality lol.... Ricky ran one guy over and hit him so hard that he had to drop out.

2) Arturo Gatti (Boxer). The Joes have to try to last a round against Gatti. They wear headgear... Arturo doesn't. Lol.... he knocked the first Joe out in about 90 seconds and damn near did the same thing to the next guy... he was smart enough to stay away a bit more though so he got through it.

3) Charles Oakley (NBA player). The Joes have to battle with Oakley under the rim for rebounds. If Oak grabs 10 rebounds they're done. They have to try to secure the rebound and score as many baskets as they can. Oakley is about 6'9" 260lbs... lol... he was tossing them around like ragdolls.

I really felt bad watching these poor bastids lol.... usually the shows aren't THAT hard but dayum... they got WORKED OVER.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    Anyone watch this show? I catch it every so often but I saw one today that had to be the most brutal one ever lol....

For those who haven't seen it, it works like this.... 6 "average joes" go up against 3 ex-pro athletes in their own sports. The Joes that perform the best against the Pros move on to an "overtime session" where the battle all 3 pros in a timed event. The Joe with the best time wins the whole event.

The 3 pros that these average guys had to face this time were....

1) Ricky Williams (NFL Running Back). The Joes had 4 tries to stop Ricky from running the ball into the end zone. Epic brutality lol.... Ricky ran one guy over and hit him so hard that he had to drop out.

2) Arturo Gatti (Boxer). The Joes have to try to last a round against Gatti. They wear headgear... Arturo doesn't. Lol.... he knocked the first Joe out in about 90 seconds and damn near did the same thing to the next guy... he was smart enough to stay away a bit more though so he got through it.

3) Charles Oakley (NBA player). The Joes have to battle with Oakley under the rim for rebounds. If Oak grabs 10 rebounds they're done. They have to try to secure the rebound and score as many baskets as they can. Oakley is about 6'9" 260lbs... lol... he was tossing them around like ragdolls.

I really felt bad watching these poor bastids lol.... usually the shows aren't THAT hard but dayum... they got WORKED OVER.
    I think they look for the worst possible Joes as to not make the Pro's look bad. There are some hardcore people out there that would destroy some pros.
    On the list for Bannukah

Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    I think they look for the worst possible Joes as to not make the Pro's look bad. There are some hardcore people out there that would destroy some pros.
    Yeh, I've seen some where the Joe's really kicked some @ss.

Doesn't sound like it happened in the op though...
    Semper Fidelis

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Probably depends on the pros involved.... but I'm pretty sure than ANY "average joe" was going to have trouble with those pros lol... you're not just going to step on the football field and go head-to-head w. Ricky Williams like it's nothing. Ditto for Gatti. Guy has been fighting for his whole life and his speed and power would be almost impossible for the avg. person to overcome (unless you outweighed him big time and/or got an extremely lucky shot in).

Saw another one that had Kurt Angle (from WWE/TNA) in it... lol... holy CRAP he is in some kind of shape. That was another one where I felt bad for the joes (they had to wrestle him).

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    Probably depends on the pros involved.... but I'm pretty sure than ANY "average joe" was going to have trouble with those pros lol... you're not just going to step on the football field and go head-to-head w. Ricky Williams like it's nothing. Ditto for Gatti. Guy has been fighting for his whole life and his speed and power would be almost impossible for the avg. person to overcome (unless you outweighed him big time and/or got an extremely lucky shot in).

Saw another one that had Kurt Angle (from WWE/TNA) in it... lol... holy CRAP he is in some kind of shape. That was another one where I felt bad for the joes (they had to wrestle him).
    Yeah but there are some unknowns out there that just never been noticed or are just in the wrong place, you have to remember every pro was a nobody one time in their life yet had the potential to be great.
    On the list for Bannukah

lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah but there are some unknowns out there that just never been noticed or are just in the wrong place, you have to remember every pro was a nobody one time in their life yet had the potential to be great.
    This is what every Joe likes to tell himself. You are kidding yourself if you think there are a bunch of Joes out there than can compete in pro's respective sports. Sorry but no joe off the street is going to compete with Gatti, barkley, or Ricky. There are a few shows where the joes were good college athletes and played pros that were WELL past their prime and it was competitive. But remember we are talking a 20 year age gap. I remember the one with Randy Couture. its was carnage bro, and the joes were in good shape in that one.

I think most people are clueless when it comes to the true gap in talent between a joe and a pro. Especially a pro in their prime....
    Eat right, exercise, lift weights, get 8 hours of sleep.

Originally Posted by lanolar View Post
    This is what every Joe likes to tell himself. You are kidding yourself if you think there are a bunch of Joes out there than can compete in pro's respective sports. Sorry but no joe off the street is going to compete with Gatti, barkley, or Ricky. There are a few shows where the joes were good college athletes and played pros that were WELL past their prime and it was competitive. But remember we are talking a 20 year age gap. I remember the one with Randy Couture. its was carnage bro, and the joes were in good shape in that one.

I think most people are clueless when it comes to the true gap in talent between a joe and a pro. Especially a pro in their prime....
    You are a f'cking idiot, do you think every f'cking man was a pro all his goddamn life? When Tyson said he wanted to box do you think every one of his friends didn't laugh at him? When Jordan said he would play ball do you think the guys who played ball with him thought he would be the best there ever was? Do you think Tigers friends believed he would be the best golfer ever??? All of these guys were ones Joe's to the pro's before them. You only become a pro when you get into professional sports and the world knows you.
    On the list for Bannukah

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are a f'cking idiot, do you think every f'cking man was a pro all his goddamn life? When Tyson said he wanted to box do you think every one of his friends didn't laugh at him? When Jordan said he would play ball do you think the guys who played ball with him thought he would be the best there ever was? Do you think Tigers friends believed he would be the best golfer ever??? All of these guys were ones Joe's to the pro's before them. You only become a pro when you get into professional sports and the world knows you.
    You're right about Tiger at least. Someone probably told him he'd never be good at golf and that he should just go back to bed... wait- wut???

lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lanolar has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You are not even talking in the same context as the show.

The show compares the average joe (most of them were high school or college stars), against pro stars.

No, they can't compete. The proof is not only in the show, its in real life. How many college stars get trampled in the NFL? How many high school and college baseball stars are washouts in the majors? The vast majority, that's what. Now compare those washouts to the VERY BEST pro's. The show showcases the major talent gap between pro's and amateurs.

Anyway, I'll ignore the jerkish reply because I know your stressed due to real life stuff. I know what your saying in your post, what I am saying is thats not the point of the show.

Originally Posted by lanolar View Post
    You are not even talking in the same context as the show.

The show compares the average joe (most of them were high school or college stars), against pro stars.

No, they can't compete. The proof is not only in the show, its in real life. How many college stars get trampled in the NFL? How many high school and college baseball stars are washouts in the majors? The vast majority, that's what. Now compare those washouts to the VERY BEST pro's. The show showcases the major talent gap between pro's and amateurs.

Anyway, I'll ignore the jerkish reply because I know your stressed due to real life stuff. I know what your saying in your post, what I am saying is thats not the point of the show.
    Sorry about my post yesterday man, stupid of me, no excuses.

I was just trying to say that a lot of people are really good at certain sports but just never discovered.
    On the list for Bannukah

Sorry about my post yesterday man, stupid of me, no excuses.

I was just trying to say that a lot of people are really good at certain sports but just never discovered.
    NP bud, I know its a tough time for you. Anyway, I agree with what your saying also 100%.

Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000) Rdez is just really nice. (+1000)

I agree with that. It's the same in the music 'industry'. There's guys out there playing in the basement who rival the best but just never get that break.

It seem on the Pro vs. Joe's show, a lot of the Joe's are also a bit past the point of discover, too, considering the young age that most people make the move to pro sports these days. But it happens; look at some one like, say, Kurt Warner, or Randy Couture.