Magis27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bodyweight exercises for hamstring/glute strength?

What are some bodyweight exercises(other than single leg bodyweight deadlifts) I can do to strengthen my hamstrings/glutes?

I don't have access to weights currently and am on a bodyweight program involving bodyweight squats, pull ups, push ups and dips.

I have tried doing single leg bodyweight deadlifts but they simply don't work for me and nobody seems to have the answer as to why.

So I'm looking for some bodyweight alternatives for hamstring/glute strength.

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Magis27 View Post
    What are some bodyweight exercises(other than single leg bodyweight deadlifts) I can do to strengthen my hamstrings/glutes?

I don't have access to weights currently and am on a bodyweight program involving bodyweight squats, pull ups, push ups and dips.

I have tried doing single leg bodyweight deadlifts but they simply don't work for me and nobody seems to have the answer as to why.

Glutes

Below is articles/video on how to train the glutes.

These movement work the glute differently and more effectively than deadlifts.

ABC – Single Leg Glute Bridges vs. Single Leg Hip Thrusts
    http://bretcontreras.com/abc-single-...g-hip-thrusts/

Frog Pumps: A Highly Effective Bodyweight Glute Activation Drill
    http://bretcontreras.com/frog-pumps-...ivation-drill/

Hamstring Curls

Ab Wheel Hamstring Curl
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAYQoo9olfU

The Ab Wheel works but it a pain to deal with.

Furniture Sliders Hamstring Curl
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cEsjjj3L5g

The furniture sliders are cheaper and MUCH easier to work with.

Hamstrings Razor Curl Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inK7ys8qzLM

The "Hamstring Razor Curl" on a Glute Ham Bench is one of the best movement there is.

Glue Ham Bench Razor Curl Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inK7ys8qzLM

This is a very effective hamstring exercise.

NO Glute Ham Bench, NO Problem

The Razor Curl can be preformed with an Ab Wheel.

Instructions

1) Have someone anchor your back legs by pressing down on your ankles.

2) Do NOT "Curling" and you pull back with the Ab Wheel, which make it an ab movement.

3) Maintain a Plank Position with your abs.

4) Pull back on the Ab Wheel using your hamstrings.

If you the "Ab Wheel Razor Curl" correctly, it will fry you hamstrings!

Kenny Croxdale
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

deergirl9 is not very well liked. (-100) deergirl9 is not very well liked. (-100) deergirl9 is not very well liked. (-100) deergirl9 is not very well liked. (-100) deergirl9 is not very well liked. (-100) deergirl9 is not very well liked. (-100) deergirl9 is not very well liked. (-100) deergirl9 is not very well liked. (-100) deergirl9 is not very well liked. (-100) deergirl9 is not very well liked. (-100) deergirl9 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Magis27 View Post

My most favorite thing ever is the ham glute machine, it can be done with just your body weight...but you do need the machine so if you do not have that, then do deep walking lunges around a high school track, try to make it one lap--your ham/glutes will be fried.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As far as lower body goes, you can do all of these without weights or equipment: goodmornings, glute bridges, lunges, squats for compounds; hyperextensions, leg extensions, leg curls, and calf raises for isolations.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightsout13 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Glute Ham Raises are the best exercise for them I've ever done.

I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hip Extension

Or beat your boots(you may laugh now but its quite hard)

yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000) yettiatcpg is just really nice. (+1000)