jtfballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

exercise and anatomy

Ok I have a question about anatomy and how to work a certain muscle, I hope this makes sense but does anyone know what the muscles are called that run from the sides of your stomach downwards. They kinda make a V shape? How do you work those?

Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joaorv will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: exercise and anatomy

Originally posted by jtfballer
    Ok I have a question about anatomy and how to work a certain muscle, I hope this makes sense but does anyone know what the muscles are called that run from the sides of your stomach downwards. They kinda make a V shape? How do you work those?
    hmm side of stomach? you must mean the serratus and the obliques, they kind of overlap each other (not realy overlap, more like insert into each-other). Pull overs for the chest can target the serratus to some extent, so can chin ups/pull overs. To target it specificaly i guess you should do Rope pulls - Attach a rope handle to the overhead pulley on the cross-over machine, kneel on the floor rabing the ropes and pull the ropes down to the floor in front of you. for the obliques you should do ab workout with twists, machine twists, twists with a pole, twisted crunches, twisted leg raises etc. Hope this helps remeber to concentrate on the muscles you want to target, specialy for the serratus since you are also involving other muscles arround it, you will want to concentrate on achieving a position where you feel it the most on the serratus and less of the front abs, chest, etc. Just remebered, another one for the serratus can be, hanging serratus crunchs, hang from a chinning bar with a wide grip and crunch your body bringing the legs to the sides instead of to the front.
    Moderator @ www.gorillabarbell.net/forums/

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Re: exercise and anatomy

Originally posted by jtfballer
    Maybe obliques? But you could be referring to lats.

Here's a picture of lats http://exrx.net/Muscles/LatissimusDorsi.html

Herre's a picture of obliques http://exrx.net/Muscles/Obliques.html

Tell me which one you were reffering to and I can help you further.

jtfballer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

i am refering to the obliques , the very lower ones on the sides of your stomach that come together below your belly button and form the Ken doll look as my girlfriend call its. Like the V shaped stomach. Basically where you can the seperation from your lower body muscles and upper ones

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I don't really recommend training them with weights since if they grow it will make your hips look wider, taking away from the V Shape.

I would just cut up and do cardio to keep it as slim as possible.

larky is on a distinguished road. (+10) larky is on a distinguished road. (+10) larky is on a distinguished road. (+10) larky is on a distinguished road. (+10) larky is on a distinguished road. (+10) larky is on a distinguished road. (+10) larky is on a distinguished road. (+10) larky is on a distinguished road. (+10) larky is on a distinguished road. (+10) larky is on a distinguished road. (+10) larky is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the related exercise is on the same site bignbuff referred you to. here it is:
    http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Obli...BSideBend.html