Closed Thread
Page 151 of 326 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,530 of 9755
    44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Yeah as it stands right now there's a 50/50 chance that I'll be going back up to that cabin I hunted for a little early season ice fishing. The road out to the cabin isn't plowed this time of year, so you can only go early and if there's no snow. And of course, can't run the above ground water etc...

But that lake is crawling with Otter and a family of Beavers.... So if we all pull it together and I head up there Thursday night, I'm sure hillarious antics will ensue!
    (Assuming there is the 4-6 inches of ice we're counting on!)
    We got some snow this morning but its not near cold enough to stay with us. Do the Otters do much damage on the fish population up your way?
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    Those youtube vids of bobcats attacking deer are freaking wickedly cool to watch.
    Ill check that out.

I had to snuff out an owl last night. Not something Id normally do since we have an assload of moles in our yard. My wife came in from letting her chihuahuah out last night and said there was a huge bird watching from the fencepost. This thing couldve easily made off with her dog. The talons are rediculous.
    "I believe that life isn't worth living if not lived passionately." - Nainoa

"Anything you put into your subconscious mind can become reality" - Mike Rashid

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post
    We got some snow this morning but its not near cold enough to stay with us. Do the Otters do much damage on the fish population up your way?

Ill check that out.

I had to snuff out an owl last night. Not something Id normally do since we have an assload of moles in our yard. My wife came in from letting her chihuahuah out last night and said there was a huge bird watching from the fencepost. This thing couldve easily made off with her dog. The talons are rediculous.
    The lakes I've fished that have Otters are already highly productive lakes and/or are connected to other bodies of water Lakes/rivers... So unless the DNR says otherwise, I don't know any difference.

I do notice that the lakes that have Otters that are up in the Forested regions of the state are also the same ones that have small turtles coming up the holes from time to time.

Which is the damdest thing to see something show up on the vex and start moving UP toward you only to have a small painted turtle show up in the hole!

But I'll be damned if I understand the link between Otters and Turtles????
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Ill check that out.

Are owls not protected there? Down here your arse is in jail if you kill an owl. Sure is fun when they make a nest in your hunting stand, damn nightmare getting them out of there lol.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are owls not protected there? Down here your arse is in jail if you kill an owl. Sure is fun when they make a nest in your hunting stand, damn nightmare getting them out of there lol.
    Pretty sure it's illegal everywhere to kill a bird of prey. Can't even have any owl or eagle feathers here unless you're a certain percentage Native American.

Wish the owls around me would take out the neighbors Shi Tzu
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Birds exempt from this provision are:

1. Any species of hawk or owl in the act of destroying domestic animals or fowl;

Id rather take the risk and avoid the whole situation rather that wait around til it happens.

knowimsayin?

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Ill check that out.

Too bad you couldn't have let him live and just kept an eye on your dog when you let him out. Birds of prey are majestic creatures and do a lot for controlling the rodent population.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I do notice that the lakes that have Otters that are up in the Forested regions of the state are also the same ones that have small turtles coming up the holes from time to time.
    Which is the damdest thing to see something show up on the vex and start moving UP toward you only to have a small painted turtle show up in the hole!
    But I'll be damned if I understand the link between Otters and Turtles????

That's pretty interesting, down here in FL our river otters will eat turtles. That'd be like a turkey walking into a coyotes' den.
    "One time I was with Brasky in the back of a pickup truck, along with a live deer. Brasky goes up to the deer and says, 'I'm Bill Brasky! SAY IT!' Then he manipulates the deer's lips in such a way as to make it say, 'Billbrasky' ... It wasn't exactly like it, but it was pretty good for a deer!'"

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    That's pretty interesting, down here in FL our river otters will eat turtles. That'd be like a turkey walking into a coyotes' den.
    They are always small Turtles... Look like they're in their second winter etc... So maybe that's a factor... I always wondered if it was because the otters are ripping up the bottom in key turtle areas and I'm just seeing the one or two out of ten that managed to get away etc...

Because I never see turtles ice fishing on lakes that DON'T have otters... But I almost always see turtles on lakes that do... At least in the winter time etc...
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They are always small Turtles... Look like they're in their second winter etc... So maybe that's a factor... I always wondered if it was because the otters are ripping up the bottom in key turtle areas and I'm just seeing the one or two out of ten that managed to get away etc...

Because I never see turtles ice fishing on lakes that DON'T have otters... But I almost always see turtles on lakes that do... At least in the winter time etc...
    Predator and prey relationship? If otters enjoy eating turtles they hang out in lakes with lots of turtles?

Predator and prey relationship? If otters enjoy eating turtles they hang out in lakes with lots of turtles?
    I think the Otter's primary forage base looks something like this:

1 Fish
    2. Fish
    3. Fish
    4. Minnows
    5. Clams
    6. Fish
    7. Turtles?

But I suppose if there's something in the Winter that has them stirring up the turtles. You almost never see the damn things.

I know that Crappie and Beaver really like each other... Just in that Beavers tend to stain the water with Wood Tanin, making it darker and that's more of the Crappie's preferred light level etc...

The lake I'm (50/50) headed to this weekend has a beaver bay LOADED with Crappies... But to get there it's like a 1 mile drag from our bay into the main basin (Where the ice can be more sketchy) and then back to that bay.

Which is a lot to go through on early ice just for Crappies.
    6'4"

BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BillBrasky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I know there's a lot of different cases in nature where predator/prey will live together symbiotically, but just don't see how the otter benefits from having a turtle invade his house. Unless the otter just doesn't care since it's like free groceries walking in the door and it doesn't kill it until he needs to.
    "One time I was with Brasky in the back of a pickup truck, along with a live deer. Brasky goes up to the deer and says, 'I'm Bill Brasky! SAY IT!' Then he manipulates the deer's lips in such a way as to make it say, 'Billbrasky' ... It wasn't exactly like it, but it was pretty good for a deer!'"

I know there's a lot of different cases in nature where predator/prey will live together symbiotically, but just don't see how the otter benefits from having a turtle invade his house. Unless the otter just doesn't care since it's like free groceries walking in the door and it doesn't kill it until he needs to.
    Yeah that's way bigger than the turtles that I see... Like the one's I see coming up the ice holes are like the size of a toddler's fist.
    6'4"

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, it may be a bad idea in the long run, but I just withdrew enough out of my 401k to pay off my furniture and my credit card. I'm sick of the stupid high finance charges and interest fees. Less than half of my payments were actually going towards the balance. That, and my confidence in the markets is at an all time low these days. Better to put that money to good use than lose it because of crooked politicians regulating what used to be a free market.

in omnia paratus

Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    Well, it may be a bad idea in the long run, but I just withdrew enough out of my 401k to pay off my furniture and my credit card. I'm sick of the stupid high finance charges and interest fees. Less than half of my payments were actually going towards the balance. That, and my confidence in the markets is at an all time low these days. Better to put that money to good use than lose it because of crooked politicians regulating what used to be a free market.
    Probably a smart move unless there's going to be a penalty for the withdrawal. When I got canned a few years back and cashed in my 401k there was an early withdrawal penalty and I took a hit on my tax return again, double whammy. But yeah, usually you pay more in interest on all that crap than you make on interest in savings so it seems to me it's usually a good idea to pay off debt first before saving, then save your arse off.

Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had a river otter swim right under the bow of Ilana last night - passed within about 6 feet of me. That's the closest I've ever been to one.

I assume you're 100% vested?

IMO for our generation 401K sucks balls...

When I was laid off by the ad agency 2+ years ago my 401K was always pathetic.

I was really tempted to drain it and have the cash to pay off truck and stuff etc... But by a hair I decided to go with a Roth IRA.

I don't know if it's the switch in investment firms, my Agent (Went from an old kodger to a guy my age with similar goals) or if it's the fine print differences between the two... But even when the Market is down now my IRA statement does better than when it was a 401K during the supposed "Good Times."

As for the whole free market debate...

Our current economic structure and lifestyle based on mass transit of goods and global economy is like smoking meth laced with Heroin.

The average person is addicted to it so bad that they can't quit. But we have to get off it some day or it will kill us.
    But like any addiction it starts with admitting you have a problem, and not simply hugging your knees, rocking back and forth and grinding your teeth waiting for the day that they invent a way to live a perfectly healthy life while smoking Meth laced with Heroin.

Because that drug, just like this economic model... Is unsustainable.
    6'4"

Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    I had a river otter swim right under the bow of Ilana last night - passed within about 6 feet of me. That's the closest I've ever been to one.
    Ironically last night in the book I was reading, it talked about how Turtles will winter in the same places year after year after year... One generation apparently picks up these choice wintering holes from watching the other.

So I've got imagine that the Otters are just picking up on that the same way.
    6'4"

Ironically last night in the book I was reading, it talked about how Turtles will winter in the same places year after year after year... One generation apparently picks up these choice wintering holes from watching the other.

So I've got imagine that the Otters are just picking up on that the same way.
    I used to squirrel hunt around th local sewer ponds and there were a few otters that would always be in and out. I dont know if there are any fish in them but there are an abundance of turtles. In the summer the whole bank will light up with turtles sunning. Maybe another weird turtle/otter relationship?

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Twas a bad idea. You'll take an early withdrawl penalty plus pay taxes on the amount you took out. Those fees likely equaled or exceeded the interest you were paying.

If you were disappointed with the volatility of your 401k investments, you should instead diversify your holdings to less risky investments. I know every broker tells people under 40 to be in high risk asset classes due to their long term upside, but if you can't stomach the wild swings and steep losses, then reallocate into a mix with greater stability (and potentially lower returns).

Also consider - until you cash out, your "losses" are just "paper losses" - that means that you really haven't lost anything, since you still own the stocks and mutual funds and they may go back up in value. But once you sell, then you realize those losses and can't retake your position. Unless you are ready to retire, or somehow convinced that the market will crash (not just fluctuate up or down like it has been), then it doesn't make sense to liquidate your high risk positions as you will turn those paper losses into real losses.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Yeeeee-Haw!!!

Worked through my lunch today to take two conference calls... Back to friggin' Back...

New personal Record... Paid all my bills for the Month of April 2012 in 27 minutes!
    6'4"

I used to squirrel hunt around th local sewer ponds and there were a few otters that would always be in and out. I dont know if there are any fish in them but there are an abundance of turtles. In the summer the whole bank will light up with turtles sunning. Maybe another weird turtle/otter relationship?
    Speaking of Squirrel Hunting... You know... I'm not sure if you're aware but: http://www.mepps.com/programs/squirrel-tail/

Why do I get the feeling I just contributed to the extinction of all squirrels in the state of Oklahoma?
    6'4"

Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    Twas a bad idea. You'll take an early withdrawl penalty plus pay taxes on the amount you took out. Those fees likely equaled or exceeded the interest you were paying.

If you were disappointed with the volatility of your 401k investments, you should instead diversify your holdings to less risky investments. I know every broker tells people under 40 to be in high risk asset classes due to their long term upside, but if you can't stomach the wild swings and steep losses, then reallocate into a mix with greater stability (and potentially lower returns).

Also consider - until you cash out, your "losses" are just "paper losses" - that means that you really haven't lost anything, since you still own the stocks and mutual funds and they may go back up in value. But once you sell, then you realize those losses and can't retake your position. Unless you are ready to retire, or somehow convinced that the market will crash (not just fluctuate up or down like it has been), then it doesn't make sense to liquidate your high risk positions as you will turn those paper losses into real losses.

Well... It's inevitable that the Market will Crash... In the same way that a extinction level comet collision will happen with the Earth. The question is if it will happen in your lifetime.

Hence why I always walk around outside with an umbrella wrapped in tin foil!

IMO for our segment of Gen-X. (Which is essentially people 34-45) A 401K is a bad idea... It's essentially a shared risk, non-strategically placed mutual fund that is based on the long term health of the economy.

We live in an era of the world that will see long term decline, due to an increase in population.

I moved my money (Had to as an entrepreur now) to a broker who's inline with my strategic view... Some of my money is in standard Roth IRA (That I can grab at 59) and then some of it is in play capitalizing on what's hot... Selling it before it cools down and moving to the next thing.
    (Saves me having to add "Day Trader" to my list of other opportunities.)
    6'4"

Yee-Haw

Re-Again!

Slap another $800 into the kitty!

I'm officially working on the most profitable hour of my life!
    6'4"

Yee-Haw

Re-Again!

Damn, that's more than I make in 2 weeks

Well... It's inevitable that the Market will Crash... In the same way that a extinction level comet collision will happen with the Earth. The question is if it will happen in your lifetime.

Hence why I always walk around outside with an umbrella wrapped in tin foil!

IMO for our segment of Gen-X. (Which is essentially people 34-45) A 401K is a bad idea... It's essentially a shared risk, non-strategically placed mutual fund that is based on the long term health of the economy.

We live in an era of the world that will see long term decline, due to an increase in population.

I moved my money (Had to as an entrepreur now) to a broker who's inline with my strategic view... Some of my money is in standard Roth IRA (That I can grab at 59) and then some of it is in play capitalizing on what's hot... Selling it before it cools down and moving to the next thing.
    (Saves me having to add "Day Trader" to my list of other opportunities.)
    Roth is just an investment vehicle. You can still have a roth but be in very volatile investment classes or in less risky investment classes.

Also, nobody can "time the market" - be careful in trying to chase what's hot and moving on to the next thing. Investing in the stock market and making swing trades is like going to Vegas. You can be up for a while, but stay in it long enough and the house always wins

Yee-Haw

Re-Again!

Congrats. Sounds awesome to have that kind of day!

Damn, that's more than I make in 2 weeks
    Yeah if I can keep this up as an hourly wage I'll make over 4.5 million dollars this year!

But in all honesty, this is the hot season for me... Half of what I make in the fiscal year of 2012 will come from what I set up in an 11 week window, from Early November to Mid Jan.
    6'4"

Speaking of Squirrel Hunting... You know... I'm not sure if you're aware but: http://www.mepps.com/programs/squirrel-tail/

Why do I get the feeling I just contributed to the extinction of all squirrels in the state of Oklahoma?
    Lol Ive always wanted to do this but I never think to keep the tails. Ive caught many a fish on a good ol mepps spinner..

Roth is just an investment vehicle. You can still have a roth but be in very volatile investment classes or in less risky investment classes.

Also, nobody can "time the market" - be careful in trying to chase what's hot and moving on to the next thing. Investing in the stock market and making swing trades is like going to Vegas. You can be up for a while, but stay in it long enough and the house always wins

Congrats. Sounds awesome to have that kind of day!
    Yeah I've got two more big fish on the line for a little bit later this afternoon... Just waiting for the worm to turn on me and have them tell me to go to hell.

As for the Market... For the average Joe it is very much a Vegas experience, you're right... And for the Wanna Be Day trader, he's bound to get fouled up playing in a game over his head.

But right now there are some markets that are set for big uptrends (Assuming you're one of the 96% who are wagering that this way of life will continue on towards Star Trek, and not a guy like me who's excepted it's on it's way to the new stone age)

In order to get to that "Star Trek" kind of future... You will need the Socialization of Agriculture and the global development of water reclimation technology. All paths lead to that... It's just we've only barely started talking about it.

Infrastructure Construction is also an inevitable. That meal that's trucked to you from an average of 1400 miles away is gonna need bridges to get it to you!

A lot of the problems with the Market and indeed our economy is because people SUCK at long term thinking... It's always Reacting to this trend, then Reacting to that trend...

But just like anything... When you are "Reacting" you never have control of the choice... To take control of the choice you have to "Interact" even if in some small part, with making the future happen.

Hence how I made $11000 with a $150 investment in dirt, water, sunshine and some seeds!
    6'4"

Well, i guess time will tell. I do know that being free and clear of debt (other than my truck) will be a huge weight off my shoulders. It frees up over $250 a month that can go into more productive things, whether it's improving the new house, paying off the truck faster, or whatever. As for what's left in my 401k, I'll be slowly moving it to more stable investments and moving some of it to tangible assets like silver, copper, ect. As for "paper losses" when the market crashes, it turns into real losses when companies go bankrupt. And I forsee a LOT of companies going belly up in the near future...........

in omnia paratus

Well, i guess time will tell. I do know that being free and clear of debt (other than my truck) will be a huge weight off my shoulders. It frees up over $250 a month that can go into more productive things, whether it's improving the new house, paying off the truck faster, or whatever. As for what's left in my 401k, I'll be slowly moving it to more stable investments and moving some of it to tangible assets like silver, copper, ect. As for "paper losses" when the market crashes, it turns into real losses when companies go bankrupt. And I forsee a LOT of companies going belly up in the near future...........
    Contrary to popular belief I would not move into Gold or Silver for a long term buy... They're rarely used in manufacturing anymore compared to Copper.

Gold and Silver are at the present time acting as reactionary markets due to the recession... It's no different than all the little gun companies in Red States that saw a boom when Obama was elected. Now as the market reaches saturation they can't keep up with their predicted growth goals and the poorly operated ones are falling apart.

If I was going to go look for a mineral commodity (Assuming you're voting on the "Star Trek" premise) I would look to put some Benjamins into Nickle Sulfide mining in the UP of Michigan.

The manufacturing products that arise from that market place connect directly with our need for better electrical infrastructure and battery technology. Two more things which absolutely need long term investment in the Star Trek Option.

AND it creates American Jobs (Not Canadian) to mine it to people who actually still have work ethic... AND the products resulting from it go into American Manufacturing industries that will allow us to compete globally.
    6'4"

Closed Thread
Page 151 of 326 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast