Closed Thread
    dtrain36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtrain36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

steroids vs non-steroids?

hey guys i have a dilemma that i hope you guys could help me out with. I am currently training to play collegiate football and have never taken any type of supplement besides just whey protein. I am looking to get an edge in size and strength but cant tell the difference between a steroid and not a steroid bwecause I want to start stacking some supplements but im real reluctant to start anything because I dont want to take any type of steroid to test positive by the NCAA. so basically im just trying to find out how i can tell what is a steroid and what isnt.

also, i want to know what would be a good stack for an athlete trying to gain mass, strength while staying lean and looking good. lastly for my stack i cant take pills so only powder supplements would help i know that my limit me but any stack with powdered supplements would be such a great help.

thanks guys for everything and i really appreciate all your help.

-Dtrain36

ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajerone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How did you get all the way to college without learning how to "google" something? Its called research, collegiate.

Companies list all of their ingredients on the panels (hopefully ), and its your responsibility to check that against WADA/ NCAA banned substance list. Most companies won't make claims to yes or no because the banned list is constantly changing. Ask some of your bros on the team what they take. Easy enough.

Adding mass will come to down nutrition. Calories in vs. calories out. Must have calorie surplus if you want to add mass, in conjunction with intense training. Spend some time in the nutrition section.

A multivitamin (Orange Triad), and a fish oil (Orange Oximega) are good foundations to start. Whey protein can certainly help supplement protein intake so you hit your daily macros.

You got some research to do! Hope this helps.

Montreal CanAdian Militia ryanr623's Avatar
    ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000) ryanr623 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Steroids - act on steroid receptors
    Non-Steroids - Do not

Cholesterol is a steroid - mind = blown
    Blessed be the lord, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Hockey Season!

dtrain36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtrain36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nevermind then obviously i just need to do it myself and see what i can and cant take. thanks for the help

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dtrain36 View Post
    nevermind then obviously i just need to do it myself and see what i can and cant take. thanks for the help
    Stick to the basics.

Whey
    Creatine
    Beta Alanine
    Fish Oil
    Multi

None are steroids, none will show up as steroids on tests. All very effective at giving you an "edge" in the gym and on the football field.

All cheap and effective. PM if you need further advice
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

k thanks man ill defintiely pm you for further advice i appreciate it

thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100) thegodjr is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by xStevenx View Post
    Stick to the basics.

Whey
    Creatine
    Beta Alanine
    Fish Oil
    Multi

None are steroids, none will show up as steroids on tests. All very effective at giving you an "edge" in the gym and on the football field.

All cheap and effective. PM if you need further advice
    This.

Add BCAA's to this list. Stick to the basics, man, and they will take you far
    Red for giving advice ITT: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=666205301#post666205301

Former misc poster, I gave up my trolling ways and ventured into the real forums. I enjoy helping people out, don't discredit me because a large number of people feel the need to neg me due to a difference of opinion on the EC stack.

I have gyno, and I am not ashamed.

M5 Reloaded + P6 Black =∞ MikeCellucor's Avatar
    MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Steroid shrink your testes.

Non-steroids shrink your wallet....

Just kidding, they posted a great basic stack above, and I suggest the BCAA as well if you aren't perfect on the diet.

You'll be able to spread out into different companies, and see what you like. A whole world of mystery supps awaits you. Try everything is what I say, and then you will know good , bad, and ugly.

As far as an athlete though there are approved supplements for college athletes.
    No Longer with Cellucor....do not contact directly for assistance, please see Official Rep Thread for assistance or contact Cellucor directly at Cellucor.com

Kedi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kedi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kedi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kedi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kedi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kedi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kedi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kedi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kedi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kedi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kedi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The main thing that you should watch out for are pre-workout supplements. That's where most of the banned substances are.

aminnagpure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aminnagpure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aminnagpure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aminnagpure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aminnagpure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aminnagpure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aminnagpure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aminnagpure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aminnagpure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aminnagpure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aminnagpure has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

you dont need steroids

if you are 20 yr old, then you dont need steroids at all, nor do any supplementation, if you work hard, you will consume hard, thats it,
    maintain healthy habits and work hard..

steroids can damage, since you already have optimum level body, 20s is

humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Kedi View Post
    The main thing that you should watch out for are pre-workout supplements. That's where most of the banned substances are.
    Ye just look for the non stim ones like Pump bol and ultima

now for my multi is there a difference between the pills and chewables? i know make fun of me all you want but i cant take pills so i wanna know if chewables would work for my multi

humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10) humsie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ye both the same so doesnt matter just make sure you take them

Registered User jameswilliam786's Avatar
    jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100)

Lightbulb

In plain words substances which require a doctor's prescription to buy them are steroids and the one which don't are not steroids but aka legal steroids. I was also confused in the start but there's a very good article outlining the different between both.
    Have a look ... **** it isn't allowing me to post links.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dtrain36 View Post

Talk to your Coach about which supplements are permitted. Different levels of college football/governing bodies may rule differently on things like creatine (which is not allowed in HS football where I am)

As far as “stacking supplements “- getting a quality mass gainer/whey protein and buying better food is where you’ll make the biggest gains as a young man. Save your money for things that really work and make a difference! Eggs, oats, steaks, burgers, chicken, fish, pasta, potatoes, rice, fresh fruit and veggies….milk and yogurt, nuts and cheese too. You’ll be ahead in the game just by reason of a better diet!
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Discussion of this topic is not allowed by forum rules.