CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000)

Thoughts on this chest workout I found on YouTube

I found this chest workout on YouTube and was wondering what you guys think of it because I'm considering giving it a try.

Here's his YT channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/barthelfitness

Here's the workout:

Incline chest press 3x8-12 (drop sets to failure) - 90 sec rest
    Flat chest press 3x6-12 - 90 sec rest
    Chest Fly 3x10 Superset Pushups to failure - 90 sec rest

One of my concerns about this routine is that the rest periods are too short. From what I've read in the forums, it's better to keep rest periods around 2-3 mins. Also, it seems like every exercise is supposed to be taken to failure. Although this workout would give you a good pump, isn't a bad idea to take every set to failure? The reason why I want to give this routine a try is because what I've been doing (longer rest periods, 1-2 reps short of failure) hasn't really worked as well as I expected it to be. Maybe there's something else I'm missing, but it would be great if you guys can tell me what you think about this routine and what it's good for (i.e. Strength? Mass? Endurance? etc.)

Thanks!

henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Its not a bad idea to take every set of workout to failure, doing so simply ensures that you will need more rest between sets and less frequency with your training because you will have pushed yourself harder. But IMO training to failure is the way to go. Thats what Ive always done and Ive got alot of muscle.

Here's my chest workout atm, you might enjoy it

Flat DB Press 3 sets 6-10 reps
    Incline Machine Press 3 sets 6-10 reps
    DB Flys 3 sets 10-12 reps
    Pushups 3 sets (fast explosive reps, short rest)

The program you described would be best for gaining chest size, though if I were you, id omit the drop sets to failure... you dont need it.

CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the advice! Anyone else?

pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by henmaniac87 View Post
    Its not a bad idea to take every set of workout to failure, doing so simply ensures that you will need more rest between sets and less frequency with your training because you will have pushed yourself harder. But IMO training to failure is the way to go. Thats what Ive always done and Ive got alot of muscle.

Here's my chest workout atm, you might enjoy it

Flat DB Press 3 sets 6-10 reps
    Incline Machine Press 3 sets 6-10 reps
    DB Flys 3 sets 10-12 reps
    Pushups 3 sets (fast explosive reps, short rest)

The program you described would be best for gaining chest size, though if I were you, id omit the drop sets to failure... you dont need it.
    Shut up. Stop giving advice, you don't know what your talking about. And you suck at life.

Originally Posted by pumplikecuming View Post
    Shut up. Stop giving advice, you don't know what your talking about. And you suck at life.
    Huh?