Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderate Muslim

N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000)

Moderate Muslim

Since this is used on this forum quite often and all throughout the media I'd like for the folks who use this term to please define this term. Please also list some characteristics on what you consider a moderate Muslim to be.

Thanks

NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

I remember when it first started being used it meant Muslims who didn't commit terrorism. Now it means any Muslim who doesn't practice Islam.

N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000) N.W.A is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NotoriousARAB View Post
    As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

I remember when it first started being used it meant Muslims who didn't commit terrorism. Now it means any Muslim who doesn't practice Islam.
    Wa'alaykum Asalam,

Yeah I am trying to get down the core definition of what some of the posters on here believe to be a moderate muslim. You cant just throw that term around and not define or explain it.

Adrogeus is a name known to all. (+5000) Adrogeus is a name known to all. (+5000) Adrogeus is a name known to all. (+5000) Adrogeus is a name known to all. (+5000) Adrogeus is a name known to all. (+5000) Adrogeus is a name known to all. (+5000) Adrogeus is a name known to all. (+5000) Adrogeus is a name known to all. (+5000) Adrogeus is a name known to all. (+5000) Adrogeus is a name known to all. (+5000) Adrogeus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Noun

oxymoron (plural oxymorons or oxymora)

1. (rhetoric) A figure of speech in which two words with opposing meanings are used together intentionally for effect.
    * A famous example is Milton, Paradise Lost, Book 1, ll. 63-4:

No light, but rather darkness visible
    Serv'd only to discover sights of woe

2. (loosely) A contradiction in terms.
    3. A paradoxical juxtaposition of two seemingly contradictory words.

Just the truth. Same with Christianity (let the dead bury their own dead, etc.) It's radical, not moderate.

TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Someone who doesn't care if their female family member is talking to another male who isn't family related. Someone who doesn't preach to others about their religion. Someone who doesn't make a huge deal about their religion, but yet still follows it. Just some things in my opinion.
    "Don't give up, don't ever give up. Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart and it cannot touch my soul; and those three things are going to carry on forever." - Jimmy V (RIP 1946-1993)

***ЯR*** Big Dawg Crew ***ЯR***

_AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _AdaM_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    salaam alaikum brothers

The worrying thing is some Muslims declare themselves as ”moderate”.

Some got to the stage where they say to they're fellow non-Muslim workers ”I don't do that, its not compatible in this age, I am moderate".

It's truly a sad sight.

nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by N.W.A View Post
    Wa'alaykum Asalam,

Yeah I am trying to get down the core definition of what some of the posters on here believe to be a moderate muslim. You cant just throw that term around and not define or explain it.
    I would describe my mother as a moderate muslim. She wears hijab, prays 5 times a day, has never consumed pork, alcohol, or any drugs. She made Hajj and donates Zakat. She works for a Fortune 500 company in an office building with men and women. She does not like to shake hands with non-Mahram men, but does so when she has to, such as for an interview or to be professional in the workplace. She also has a home mortgage loan that involves interest because it is the only way to own your home in the US.

Anything else you'd like to know?
    Last edited by nitr0x2; 04-13-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Since this is used on this forum quite often and all throughout the media I'd like for the folks who use this term to please define this term. Please also list some characteristics on what you consider a moderate Muslim to be.

Thanks
    My friend is a moderate Muslim IMO.
    Prays on Friday
    Eats halal
    Would only marry another Muslim (or convert)
    Drinks occasionally
    Slays bishes on weekends

I'm aethiest and me and him get on really well. Although have agreement not to talk about religion.
    Jan 2010 - 132lbs
    Jan 2011 - 174lbs

mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There is no core definition because the term is not well defined. It essentially means whatever you want it to mean within the context and direction of your conversation. In short, it has become synonymous to 'good muslim', versus 'bad muslim'; where the definition is largely undefined and left up to interpretation.
    Because if it were easy, I wouldn't be interested.

nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mode7 View Post
    Prays on Friday
    Eats halal
    Drinks occasionally
    Slays bishes on weekends

I'm aethiest and me and him get on really well. Although have agreement not to talk about religion.
    lol any muslim that prays on fridays but also drinks and has pre marital sex is a hypocrite, not a moderate muslim.

I am muslim by birth, but reject all religion. I would never hold myself out as a muslim just because that happens to be the religion of my parents. That is what cowards and hypocrites do.

ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz
    Someone who doesn't want to kill homosexuals, apostates or female family members who are dating non-Muslims is a good candidate.
    When all that says 'it is good' has been debunked, what says 'I want' remains.

- CS Lewis

StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StylesOfBeyond is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ZenBowman View Post
    Someone who doesn't want to kill homosexuals, apostates or female family members who are dating non-Muslims is a good candidate.
    This. Just anyone who doesn't want to kill anyone or force anyone to think anything.

Xinroth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xinroth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xinroth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xinroth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xinroth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xinroth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xinroth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xinroth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xinroth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xinroth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Xinroth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mode7 View Post
    Prays on Friday
    Eats halal
    Drinks occasionally
    Slays bishes on weekends

Sorry man, but if he's doing one of the biggest sins possible in Islam, he is definitely not considered moderate.

I get what you're saying though. Many Muslims, especially the ones not living in Muslim-majority countries, are like that.

Mind boggling to an extent how he eats Halal yet still bangs chicks..

Imo - Moderate Muslim is one that doesn't let his religion define him, yet still follows its rules. A religion doesn't sculpt somebody, yet it is his personality that sculpts the religion and actions into one's self.. As in, have your own personality, pray 3/5 times a day (depending on sunni/shiite, at least pray), don't drink/weed/do girls. And just act humanly to others as much as possible.

You know, banging other chicks is a sin in Christianity too, drinking too in most churches. Religions are barely different other than the exact stories in the books.

Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mode7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nitr0x2 View Post
    lol any muslim that prays on fridays but also drinks and has pre marital sex is a hypocrite, not a moderate muslim.

I am muslim by birth, but reject all religion. I would never hold myself out as a muslim just because that happens to be the religion of my parents. That is what cowards and hypocrites do.
    I have pointed this out to him myself. He didn't even eat halal when I first met him, so think he is trying in his own way. He says he will settle down once married. Obviously not being a Muslim, these those things don't really bother me though.

Originally Posted by Xinroth View Post
    Sorry man, but if he's doing one of the biggest sins possible in Islam, he is definitely not considered moderate.

I get what you're saying though. Many Muslims, especially the ones not living in Muslim-majority countries, are like that.

Mind boggling to an extent how he eats Halal yet still bangs chicks..

Imo - Moderate Muslim is one that doesn't let his religion define him, yet still follows its rules. A religion doesn't sculpt somebody, yet it is his personality that sculpts the religion and actions into one's self.. As in, have your own personality, pray 3/5 times a day (depending on sunni/shiite, at least pray), don't drink/weed/do girls. And just act humanly to others as much as possible.

You know, banging other chicks is a sin in Christianity too, drinking too in most churches. Religions are barely different other than the exact stories in the books.
    Aware that it's a sin in Christianity too. One dude in the bible got stoned to death for gathering fire wood on a Sunday too, but things have progressed since then IMO. Think Muslims as a whole stick to the religion 'as written' more compared to other faiths.
    Jan 2010 - 132lbs
    Jan 2011 - 174lbs

Not actually named untz. mynameisuntz's Avatar
    mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mynameisuntz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My girlfriend is a Muslim, I am a Christian. Our views on pretty much everything I can think of align (homosexuality, terrorism, wars in the Middle East, abortion, etc.).

This is a great link: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...431290986.html

Holding fast to the principles of democracy, freedom and human rights, these hundreds of millions of Muslims fervently reject fanaticism in all its varied guises.
    A form of moderation has been a central part of Islam from the very beginning. True, Muslims are nowhere commanded to love their neighbors, as in the Old Testament, still less their enemies, as in the New Testament. But they are commanded to accept diversity, and this commandment was usually obeyed. The Prophet Muhammad's statement that "difference within my community is part of God's mercy" expressed one of Islam's central ideas, and it is enshrined both in law and usage from the earliest times.
    I am a moderate Muslim, yet I don't like being termed a "moderate"—it somehow implies that I am less of a Muslim.

We use the designation "moderate Islam" to differentiate it from "radical Islam." But in so doing, we insinuate that while Islam in moderation is tolerable, real Islam—often perceived as radical Islam—is intolerable. This simplistic, flawed thinking hands our extremist enemies a propaganda victory: They are genuine Muslims. In this rubric, the majority, non-radical Muslim populace has somehow compromised Islam to become moderate.

Normative Islam, from its early history to the present, is defined by its commitment to protecting religion, life, progeny, wealth and the human mind. In the religious language of Muslim scholars, this is known as maqasid, or aims. This is the heart of Islam.

I am fully Muslim and fully Western. Don't call me moderate—call me a normal Muslim.
    Etc. etc. That link is a symposium of short essays from scholars, professors, ex-radical (since turned more liberal) Muslims, CIA operatives who worked alongside Muslims, etc.
    All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone.

Originally Posted by TimDF View Post
    Someone who doesn't care if their female family member is talking to another male who isn't family related. Someone who doesn't preach to others about their religion. Someone who doesn't make a huge deal about their religion, but yet still follows it. Just some things in my opinion.
    Thanks for replying.
    So first of all lets look at what does following Islam really even mean.

It means to follow the Quran and the Sunnah(teachings and ways of The last Prophet(pbuh). So when a muslim is mixing with the opposite gender this clearly goes against what Allah has said in the Quran and the Prophet(pbuh) has said.

“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts). That is purer for them. Verily, Allaah is All‑Aware of what they do.

31. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent…”

[al-Noor 24:30-31]

Now regarding religion it should be important to us because if it isnt then whats the point of following it? We should want every individual on this earth to be blessed to be guided toward the right path which is Islam.

How else would Islam spread without preaching to others? There are many that havnt received the right true message about Islam that just need that message. God talks about in the Quran one of the best acts a muslim could to is to preach to others about Islam

“And who is better in speech than he who [says: ‘My Lord is Allaah (believes in His Oneness),’ and then stands firm (acts upon His Order), and] invites (men) to Allaah’s (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: ‘I am one of the Muslims.’”[Fussilat 41:33 – interpretation of the meaning]
    So a lot of the things you are listing are clearly going against the teachings of the Quran and the teachings of the Prophet(pbuh). So what can of muslim would I be if I didnt try my best ability to follow ISlam the way it should be followed?

Originally Posted by _AdaM_ View Post
    salaam alaikum brothers

The worrying thing is some Muslims declare themselves as ”moderate”.

Some got to the stage where they say to they're fellow non-Muslim workers ”I don't do that, its not compatible in this age, I am moderate".

It's truly a sad sight.
    Wa Alaykum Asalam,

This is dead on man. Sadly this is the state that this ummah is at. we're at a time where we are apologizing too much and trying to fit in to what the majority of society wants us to.

Prophet(pbuh) talks about the true believers being strangers: "Islam began as something strange, and it shall return to being something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers."
    Originally Posted by nitr0x2 View Post
    I would describe my mother as a moderate muslim. She wears hijab, prays 5 times a day, has never consumed pork, alcohol, or any drugs. She made Hajj and donates Zakat. She works for a Fortune 500 company in an office building with men and women. She does not like to shake hands with non-Mahram men, but does so when she has to, such as for an interview or to be professional in the workplace. She also has a home mortgage loan that involves interest because it is the only way to own your home in the US.

Anything else you'd like to know?
    How is your mother different than a regular muslim? Why use the term moderate?

How is your mother different than a regular muslim? Why use the term moderate?
    Because she knows that interest is haram in Islam, yet justifies it because it is the only way to own a home. She also knows that shaking hands with non-mahram men is haram, but she justifies it because she wants to be viewed as friendly and polite in the workplace.

I understand the point you are getting at. What I think you are saying is that there is no such thing as a moderate muslim. It is just a term made up in the west. I agree. However, placing people and things into neat categories is a human way of organizing and making sense of reality

God is the All-Glorious Bahai.Lifter's Avatar
    Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bahai.Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

This is a good example of a group of Muslims who can be considered moderate (the following website is made by them):

http://www.bahairights.org/

Note that the website is made by Muslims only.

From their site:

"O MAN OF TWO VISIONS! Close one eye and open the other. Close one to the world and all that is therein, and open the other to the hallowed beauty of the Beloved."

--Baha'u'llah

www.bahai.us

skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skinpoppin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Moderate Muslim: Someone who is a Muslim equivilent to an 'Uncle Tom' or 'House Negro' in the African American community.
    Ummah reps fo' life... ?يوماد برآه

2:78. Among them are unlettered ones who do not know the scripture, except in wishful thinking, then assume that they know it.

Non-ignorant American Crew - 2012

ATTENTION MANLETS: PM me if you would like info on how to grow taller!

ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz ZenBowman has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by skinpoppin View Post
    Moderate Muslim: Someone who is a Muslim equivilent to an 'Uncle Tom' or 'House Negro' in the African American community.
    How lovely, when you use racial slurs it is okay right? But if someone calls Obama the n-word that is racist. Strong hypocrisy.
    When all that says 'it is good' has been debunked, what says 'I want' remains.

- CS Lewis

Originally Posted by mynameisuntz View Post
    My girlfriend is a Muslim, I am a Christian. Our views on pretty much everything I can think of align (homosexuality, terrorism, wars in the Middle East, abortion, etc.).

This is a great link: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...431290986.html

Etc. etc. That link is a symposium of short essays from scholars, professors, ex-radical (since turned more liberal) Muslims, CIA operatives who worked alongside Muslims, etc.
    So do you believe they should believe in democracy over Sharia Law? Not stating in this country but lets say in a Muslim country. My question to you is should they put aside Sharia Law for man made law?

byrontel will become famous soon enough. (+50) byrontel will become famous soon enough. (+50) byrontel will become famous soon enough. (+50) byrontel will become famous soon enough. (+50) byrontel will become famous soon enough. (+50) byrontel will become famous soon enough. (+50) byrontel will become famous soon enough. (+50) byrontel will become famous soon enough. (+50) byrontel will become famous soon enough. (+50) byrontel will become famous soon enough. (+50) byrontel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So do you believe they should believe in democracy over Sharia Law? Not stating in this country but lets say in a Muslim country. My question to you is should they put aside Sharia Law for man made law?
    Does this not sadden you? A child lost her father; or is religion more important?

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/as...ex.html?hpt=C2

But the gunmen found their target and Pakistan's controversial blasphemy laws claimed another victim.
    His brother Ikram told CNN: "When I saw him lying there, I felt the blood leave my body, and that I was now alone."

We found his daughter, four-year old Kazma who knew her father was dead but somehow felt he would come back. His wife was in tears, but remarkably maintained that the blasphemy laws were important as they protect the Muslim faith. It was hard to tell whether she believed that or was speaking out of self-preservation.

We went into the nearby town to talk to clerics at the local mosque. Some accused these holy men of fueling the anger against Imran. Incidentally, Imran was a Shia, and hence a minority often targeted in Pakistan.

tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is dead on man. Sadly this is the state that this ummah is at. we're at a time where we are apologizing too much and trying to fit in to what the majority of society wants us to.
    To be quite honest, you guys have a lot to apologize for. Unless you support the slaughter of "infidels".

But there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim.

abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most interpretations of the Shariah are man made laws these days. Talibans claim that it is Shariah law when oppressing women when actually it is not.

Some countries claim stoning to death is Shariah law when actually it is not.

A Muslim country can de democratic while at the same time adhering to Shariah law, the real Shariah law, not wrong interpretations of it. Is it not possible to have a dual legal system?

abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) abdus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tarheels_rule44 View Post
    To be quite honest, you guys have a lot to apologize for. Unless you support the slaughter of "infidels".

But there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim.
    Slaughter of infidels? When? Where did you get that from?

tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tarheels_rule44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by abdus View Post
    Slaughter of infidels? When? Where did you get that from?
    Infidel (literally "one without faith") is an English noun, meaning one who doubts or rejects the central tenets of a religion other than one's own or has no religious beliefs.

Hmmm, I can think of a few times. But I guess it's all politics.

ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IMO the moderate muslim community is not doing enough to stop extremist islam.

Taking no action against something means that you tolerate it. Moderate islam is tolerating extreme islam.

Shaymin is just really nice. (+1000) Shaymin is just really nice. (+1000) Shaymin is just really nice. (+1000) Shaymin is just really nice. (+1000) Shaymin is just really nice. (+1000) Shaymin is just really nice. (+1000) Shaymin is just really nice. (+1000) Shaymin is just really nice. (+1000) Shaymin is just really nice. (+1000) Shaymin is just really nice. (+1000) Shaymin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ZenBowman View Post
    this.

mujie is a name known to all. (+5000) mujie is a name known to all. (+5000) mujie is a name known to all. (+5000) mujie is a name known to all. (+5000) mujie is a name known to all. (+5000) mujie is a name known to all. (+5000) mujie is a name known to all. (+5000) mujie is a name known to all. (+5000) mujie is a name known to all. (+5000) mujie is a name known to all. (+5000) mujie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Islamically there is no such thing as a "Moderate" or "Extremist" muslim.These labels were given to muslims by the west.And according to the west,a "Moderate" is any muslim who conforms to western ideals at the expense of their religion.An "Extremist" is any muslim who speaks against the west or would agree to any form of Islamic rule on earth.The definition of these terms always change from time to time depending on who gives the labels and what their mood is like.
    I just came here on the internet to lie

ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChetLemon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mujie View Post
    Islamically there is no such thing as a "Moderate" or "Extremist" muslim.These labels were given to muslims by the west.And according to the west,a "Moderate" is any muslim who conforms to western ideals at the expense of their religion.An "Extremist" is any muslim who speaks against the west or would agree to any form of Islamic rule on earth.The definition of these terms always change from time to time depending on who gives the labels and what their mood is like.
    Be that as it may, muslims are living in the West. In order for all of us to get on the same level, the muslim community needs to start dealing with stuff in these terms. It cant just be 'my way or the highway'.