Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad Dog162 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Haven't been able to work out since January, can't work out till July

I was in great shape in January. 6'2, about 210bs, 12% body fat. I looked good.

Anyway, I chose to go and teach English in a pretty remote part of China because I thought it would be interesting. I've been here since January, and won't get home till July. There's no gyms around here, and definitely no supplements, and I'm losing mass at an alarming rate because there's very little food (there is a KFC, weirdly).

I know I shouldn't worry about it, six months is not that long a period of time, I'll get my gains back and all that crap - it's just demoralizing. Anyone have any advice on how to deal with? And has anyone had this sort of thing before, and know how long it's going to take to get my gains back?

It's sad getting up in the morning and feeling my jeans and shirts being a little bit less tight each time, you know?
    Molon Labe

Once a KA, always a KA.

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mad Dog162 View Post
    I was in great shape in January. 6'2, about 210bs, 12% body fat. I looked good.

Anyway, I chose to go and teach English in a pretty remote part of China because I thought it would be interesting. I've been here since January, and won't get home till July. There's no gyms around here, and definitely no supplements, and I'm losing mass at an alarming rate because there's very little food (there is a KFC, weirdly).

I know I shouldn't worry about it, six months is not that long a period of time, I'll get my gains back and all that crap - it's just demoralizing. Anyone have any advice on how to deal with? And has anyone had this sort of thing before, and know how long it's going to take to get my gains back?

It's sad getting up in the morning and feeling my jeans and shirts being a little bit less tight each time, you know?
    Bodyweight exercise dude. And don't settle for anything where the only means of progression is adding reps.
    Do some dips, grab a backpack and put something heavy in it. A big water container (fill with sand & water and you can probably make it a lot heavier still), fill the bag to the rim with bricks or SOMETHING.
    Find something vaguely resembling a pull up bar, and do the same thing.
    A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or dies.

Sami76 is just really nice. (+1000) Sami76 is just really nice. (+1000) Sami76 is just really nice. (+1000) Sami76 is just really nice. (+1000) Sami76 is just really nice. (+1000) Sami76 is just really nice. (+1000) Sami76 is just really nice. (+1000) Sami76 is just really nice. (+1000) Sami76 is just really nice. (+1000) Sami76 is just really nice. (+1000) Sami76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you google "prison workout", there should be some good workout ideas.
    Mind strong, body strong.